Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you, Deedee12, for your kind words. Fantasy is GOOD! Dream BIG! I really think you should start planning a wonderful 15th anniversary party! It can be intimate or grand. We are doing grand this time around (so excited to reunite + reconnect with old and new friends) as we did not have the time nor budget to host a more formal event in 1995. I'm planning a porch ceremony overlooking valley, wine + hors d'oeuvres piano reception - my roommate in grad school played at original and again now - Her sons will duo perform at the vow renewal. Then, a sit down dinner and dance (original flower girls all grown up now will give toast + blessing) with a live 10 piece-band. Love to dance! I was definitely a disco girl in the 80's! For our first dance from To Sir With Love by Lulu - An amazing 1967 movie starring heart throb, Sidney Poitier (watch it if you can!) - the band leader will invite all couples married 10 years or more to join us. How nice to be lighter on my feet. Sorry for rambling - just so excited! ;]

Kristen & Kelly_High Res.jpeg

1c321386466492.jpeg

@Sophie7713 : First, you are a woman after my own heart with your obvious planning abilities ! and love love love your colour scheme. Did you draw the dress picture yourself ?!?!?

Second, congrats on your 25th anniversary next year (which, btw, you look waaaaay too young to be having :) )

Third, yep, a couple months ago, I got Mr. to agree to some sort of vow renewal but no details or anything yet...lol. we had a destination wedding with close family and friends back then, and would love to go back to the same place and do it again. honestly though, I just want to wear an awesome dress and have an awesome party 😎

...and finally, I looooove your dog. He/she looks just like my own own dog a while back *sniffless* Cock-a-poo?

On 9/2/2019 at 5:55 PM, elcee said:

At 56 I have no idea what my style is. I do know that I enjoy dressing up more than most of my friends ( Aussies are super casual). I love wearing dresses. A lot of my clothes come from Op ( charity) shops - it means I can afford to have an extensive wardrobe.

Model a dress for us!

On 9/3/2019 at 10:18 AM, GreenTealael said:

@Cheeseburgh time to just own it,you're a secret sailord5c56d6129e013faea75fd25a4e29d2e.jpg.8baed29d34e88474a705b8934da6b9af.jpg 68e97323a29d8ba6ee9016c1709b8504.thumb.jpg.c0370c807e66165a998970835345180f.jpg

4319a9ec13997514b0e5d23e097989a3.jpg.fe14aad218c068a1ac17b4add5698c36.jpg d1936dad86224d4024350990225cbbf2.thumb.jpg.784786cfd05a067cc7530c8baf4556e8.jpg

975df432eb406cb1e4091d80491dc4b7.jpg.e89d8199a1c2be3d9b352184e3b00782.jpg 7fee96c455984cee6fa52db01e088736.thumb.jpg.f9f1f9a10a844c9f131ce1162dfb50da.jpg

Missed this! I want this outfit with red skirt!!! Love it.

Thank you, Deedee12, for your kind words. Fantasy is GOOD! Dream BIG! I really think you should start planning a wonderful 15th anniversary party! It can be intimate or grand. We are doing grand this time around (so excited to reunite + reconnect with old and new friends) as we did not have the time nor budget to host a more formal event in 1995. I'm planning a porch ceremony overlooking valley, wine + hors d'oeuvres piano reception - my roommate in grad school played at original and again now - Her sons will duo perform at the vow renewal. Then, a sit down dinner and dance (original flower girls all grown up now will give toast + blessing) with a live 10 piece-band. Love to dance! I was definitely a disco girl in the 80's! For our first dance from To Sir With Love by Lulu - An amazing 1967 movie starring heart throb, Sidney Poitier (watch it if you can!) - the band leader will invite all couples married 10 years or more to join us. How nice to be lighter on my feet. Sorry for rambling - just so excited! ;]
1741002989_KristenKelly_HighRes.thumb.jpeg.305d1b2a69b772b62d409ba916b0b912.jpeg
1c321386466492.jpeg.ff8cc8db7cdb237a67c9647e846f53f6.jpeg
I'm absolutely feeling and seeing the beauty that you described!!!!!! "To sir, with Love" is a movie and book close to my heart as it was required literature book in my high school!! Remember tearing up when Sidney Poitier tore up his admission for his new job at the end and cue in Lulu for the song and scene stealer for their graduation dance!!!!!

Like I said, can't wait to see pictures!! My first wedding was GRAND!! I'll go for intimate in 2020

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

[mention=356130]Sophie7713[/mention] : First, you are a woman after my own heart with your obvious planning abilities ! and love love love your colour scheme. Did you draw the dress picture yourself ?!?!?
Second, congrats on your 25th anniversary next year (which, btw, you look waaaaay too young to be having )
Third, yep, a couple months ago, I got Mr. to agree to some sort of vow renewal but no details or anything yet...lol. we had a destination wedding with close family and friends back then, and would love to go back to the same place and do it again. honestly though, I just want to wear an awesome dress and have an awesome party
...and finally, I looooove your dog. He/she looks just like my own own dog a while back *sniffless* Cock-a-poo?

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Excited to finally be able to wear this skirt that I bought years ago but struggled to find a top to go with it.

Plain coloured tops now added to the shopping list.

20190905_105832.jpg

On 09/05/2019 at 05:43, shanza said:

Says the girl who has never worn white pants in her LIFE!!

A6E8727E-28DA-44CE-94B9-739CC67C9483.jpeg

I love the white pants. I am so scared of white. I think it looks so classy, but I’m afraid to get it dirty. I am the one who accidentally writes on myself, or spills something. Maybe one day I’ll get up the nerve.

2 hours ago, KaysMommy said:

I love the white pants. I am so scared of white. I think it looks so classy, but I’m afraid to get it dirty. I am the one who accidentally writes on myself, or spills something. Maybe one day I’ll get up the nerve.

My first time, as they were free. I've tried to buy them many times since WL, but I couldn't purchase because like you, I'm afraid of white too. I'm one of those, just sit still, something will find me.

Off to a therapist appointment. I don't suppose she'll worry about depression with this outfit!

IMG_20190905_093222__01.jpg

5 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I don't suppose she'll worry about depression with this outfit!

Not at all, you look like happiness, lol.

I realized today as I was getting ready for Pilates that this thread was in the back of my mind.
I was wondering what fabulous outfits I would see, the victories that we post, and the love and encouragement and sense of complete understanding that I’ve seen here.

So many times, the insiders in our lives just don’t “get” what it’s like to feel so uncomfortable in your own body and how something so basic (clothing) hasn’t been fun for us for such a large part of our lives.
It’s wonderful to have this site (but especially this particular thread) to share those victories and model our outfits and find a new love for our metamorphosis that would quite frankly be tedious even to those who love us the most were we to post daily progress pics.

Love this thread guys!

4 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

I realized today as I was getting ready for Pilates that this thread was in the back of my mind.
I was wondering what fabulous outfits I would see, the victories that we post, and the love and encouragement and sense of complete understanding that I’ve seen here.

So many times, the insiders in our lives just don’t “get” what it’s like to feel so uncomfortable in your own body and how something so basic (clothing) hasn’t been fun for us for such a large part of our lives.
It’s wonderful to have this site (but especially this particular thread) to share those victories and model our outfits and find a new love for our metamorphosis that would quite frankly be tedious even to those who love us the most were we to post daily progress pics.

Love this thread guys!

So eloquent and well-said!

Ditto for everything @Sheribear68 said!!! I mean there are only so many times our fam wants to answer the standard question: Do these jeans make my ass look fat!?

:) Thanks for being such a great group of babes!!! (And dudes!)

And here is my today OOTD.
on day 2 of the 9 day work stretch from hell.
Figured I might as well have fun with animal prints while the weathers still warm enough for me to wear this top.

Lol, I swear I have shoes, I keep them down the hall in another closet so they’re never around when I take my OOTD. 😂😂

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

@GreenTealael You might be on to something! I grew up on lake Monona with a pier and boat in my backyard.

I present exhibit A your stock photo.

Exhibit B: grabbed out of my closet.

Is this close enough? (The white pants don’t fit)

DF5FF7D7-621E-4AA5-BF13-C7056EECF3FC.jpeg

78DF1188-658D-4DC7-AEA3-C74972ACBD74.jpeg