Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Asking older sleevers, did I make a mistake?

Older wls patients

I just wanted to update that I have begun losing weight again. I have lost 5 pounds this past 10 days or so. Stalls are so crazy scary and no matter all the posts on here about it, I know in my head they happen. I see them a lot and think to my self, Wow they need to relax, it will come off. It's hard to weigh repeatedly the same weight for over 2 weeks and not get freaked out that this might be the end. Thank you all for listening and responding!!💗

07/26/2019 02:38 PM, gabybab said:

I just wanted to update that I have begun losing weight again. I have lost 5 pounds this past 10 days or so. Stalls are so crazy scary and no matter all the posts on here about it, I know in my head they happen. I see them a lot and think to my self, Wow they need to relax, it will come off. It's hard to weigh repeatedly the same weight for over 2 weeks and not get freaked out that this might be the end. Thank you all for listening and responding!!💗

So glad to see the loss is starting again.
Gaby we are both February sleevers and I’ve just now hit 67 pounds lost since surgery date, 75 pounds lost since I started the 10 day pre-surgery prep.

I lost a whopping 6.2 pounds in June, but over 12 inches. Remember to measure, measure, measure because our bodies do weird things when the scale isn’t moving as fast as we’re worked the program.

After my “impressive” 6 pound June loss, I struggled mightily for the first 3 weeks in July where I’d managed to lose all of 2.4 pounds. I was sooooo close to hitting the 180’s and I’d bounce between 181-183 for 2 weeks and thought I was gonna pull my hair out.
Then I remembered that I was desperately trying not to lose any more hair so that wasn’t an option.

I just had a really decadent weekend a week ago in NOLA —complete with beignets and giant frozen pina coladas, a hurricane, and a slice of pizza, and don’t even get me started about my 3 old-fashions at the spotted cat last Saturday night!

Came back from that trip on Monday, weighed myself yesterday and again today and I’m DOWN almost 4 pounds. 🤷‍♀️
Oh and I’m still constipated as hell even though I’ve drank a serving of miralax every day since Tuesday, lol
Can’t wait to see how finally being able to have a bm or two might help out, ya know?

Anyways...... I have no idea why our bodies are so dang fickle and want to be stubborn and not make sense but it seems like just when I start to lose all hope and I’ve convinced myself that I’ll be the most spectacular fail of all when it comes to WLS, I randomly start losing again.

Editing to add:  this mornings weigh-in had me at 177.6!  
Haven’t been in the 170’s since 1996.  

6 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

So glad to see the loss is starting again.
Gaby we are both February sleevers and I’ve just now hit 67 pounds lost since surgery date, 75 pounds lost since I started the 10 day pre-surgery prep.

I lost a whopping 6.2 pounds in June, but over 12 inches. Remember to measure, measure, measure because our bodies do weird things when the scale isn’t moving as fast as we’re worked the program.

After my “impressive” 6 pound June loss, I struggled mightily for the first 3 weeks in July where I’d managed to lose all of 2.4 pounds. I was sooooo close to hitting the 180’s and I’d bounce between 181-183 for 2 weeks and thought I was gonna pull my hair out.
Then I remembered that I was desperately trying not to lose any more hair so that wasn’t an option.

I just had a really decadent weekend a week ago in NOLA —complete with beignets and giant frozen pina coladas, a hurricane, and a slice of pizza, and don’t even get me started about my 3 old-fashions at the spotted cat last Saturday night!

Came back from that trip on Monday, weighed myself yesterday and again today and I’m DOWN almost 4 pounds. 🤷‍♀️
Oh and I’m still constipated as hell even though I’ve drank a serving of Miralax every day since Tuesday, lol
Can’t wait to see how finally being able to have a bm or two might help out, ya know?

Anyways...... I have no idea why our bodies are so dang fickle and want to be stubborn and not make sense but it seems like just when I start to lose all hope and I’ve convinced myself that I’ll be the most spectacular fail of all when it comes to WLS, I randomly start losing again.

Editing to add: this mornings weigh-in had me at 177.6!
Haven’t been in the 170’s since 1996.

Nice! Glad you have had a loss. Our bodies just seem to need a break from losing. I'm at almost 73, but have so far to go. I need to lose 87 more pounds to get to my Dr's goal which would leave me with a lot of hanging skin, so I guess that's why he says 180.

Your trip sounds so wonderful! Never been there, but we are planning a month of just traveling the United states in 2 years one my husband can retire part time, so will definitely checking NOLA off our list! I had myself a b52 coffee about a month ago and was out of this world! Tonight my daughter is making pina coladas and trying to tempt me, but my calories are at 1200 and I don't wanna add more sugar, so wah for me🤪

Glad you're losing again and I know it's frustrating losing so slow. I weigh so much more and only lost about 6 pounds in June and about 5 this month.

We will look back in 6 months and we will both be closer to the finish line!

Wishing you all the best!

Edit: I checked my Fitbit, I weigh in there, and I lost 5.1 for June and I lost 7.3 do far this month. Hoping to get to 10, but who knows?

I would be happy with 5 pounds a month, that would put me near goal.

Edited by gabybab

And I am Just a Fragment Older, 73 heading towards 74, will be 11 months in 8 or 9 days, depending on the time you read this, I'm in US Eastern Time Zone. A little closer to goal, have passed my CNP and surgeon's goal if just under 200 pounds num PCP is whiny, stomping his feet like an enraged skunk, He Didn't expect me. to lose down This Quickly, wanted me to lose 70% of my Excess Body Weight, I'm at 68.3 % now, that's a VSG type weight loss, he knows Dang Well I was an RNY Bypass , WE LOSE 75- 85% as a rule. And this is the Very Same Dude who stomped around the Exam Room chanting " YOU ARE GOING TO DIE OBESE Before YOU. can make it towards 75!", now I have fought for My Life, made it within 29-25 pounds of My Goal and He Wants to Cloud up☁and Rain ☔on my Personal Parade? Tain't right , it Just Isn't! Smile and be Happy for Me, if that stethoscope is choking YOU, just take it OFF and be My Friend!
Slowed down a little at times but never really " Stalled", just chug- a- chugged along toward Victory like the Jalopy🚘I always have been, No Ferrari but I was built for endurance not Speed- in the Late 40s we were built out of Solid Strong American Steel-- not Plastic or Fiberglass- We were Your" Forever Car", not to be Traded In for something in a prettier shade or newer conformation or just because You were Tired of US!
So stop trying to Block My Road, if. you don't want to Travel Along, go park on the Berm, Frustr8 is Driving On Through! BEEP BEEP- frickin' BEEP!🚘

And I am Just a Fragment Older, 73 heading towards 74, will be 11 months in 8 or 9 days, depending on the time you read this, I'm in US Eastern Time Zone. A little closer to goal, have passed my CNP and surgeon's goal if just under 200 pounds num PCP is whiny, stomping his feet like an enraged skunk, He Didn't expect me. to lose down This Quickly, wanted me to lose 70% of my Excess Body Weight, I'm at 68.3 % now, that's a VSG type weight loss, he knows Dang Well I was an RNY Bypass , WE LOSE 75- 85% as a rule. And this is the Very Same Dude who stomped around the Exam Room chanting " YOU ARE GOING TO DIE OBESE Before YOU. can make it towards 75!", now I have fought for My Life, made it within 29-25 pounds of My Goal and He Wants to Cloud up[emoji297]and Rain [emoji299]on my Personal Parade? Tain't right , it Just Isn't! Smile and be Happy for Me, if that stethoscope is choking YOU, just take it OFF and be My Friend!
Slowed down a little at times but never really " Stalled", just chug- a- chugged along toward Victory like the Jalopy[emoji593]I always have been, No Ferrari but I was built for endurance not Speed- in the Late 40s we were built out of Solid Strong American Steel-- not Plastic or Fiberglass- We were Your" Forever Car", not to be Traded In for something in a prettier shade or newer conformation or just because You were Tired of US!
So stop trying to Block My Road, if. you don't want to Travel Along, go park on the Berm, Frustr8 is Driving On Through! BEEP BEEP- frickin' BEEP![emoji593]
Great attitude! Many congrats!

Sent from my LG-H931 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/15/2019 at 11:53 PM, gabybab said:

Is it too early to be concerned about not having enough weight loss? My restriction has lessened and I'm losing at a snail's pace. I'm so concerned. I lost about 5 pounds in June.

Should I have had gastric bypass? How early is it to consider a revision? Help!!

I'm 3 months behind you journey wise so I don't really have advice just want to say that I question this on and off all the time! Some weeks I'm like damn, I'm a rock star. This is going great! Some weeks I'm like, well. I bet that last pound was the last pound I'm ever gonna lose. (My internal monologue is clearly a little dramatic.)

I'm just sticking to good choices, reminding myself that some weeks will be stalls & some will be losses & to just keep going.

On 7/16/2019 at 1:45 AM, Seahawks Fan said:

I’m 227 now hoping to be 200 by September. It’s a stretch but doable! Good luck!

No offense, but it's doable if you are a man. Men and women respond so differently to the surgeries hat for some topics we do need separate message boards.