Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Asking older sleevers, did I make a mistake?

8 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Look, if you KNOW what's going on = bad habits are creeping back, then you KNOW what to do. Hon, this happens at ANY age, not cuz you're an older VSG girl. Quit cheatin. Work your honeymoon and you will get back to bidness. Stay the course!

You, too, are my inspiration! I read the story you recently posted about how far you have come! I have to say WOW! It made me tear up and even now it is making me emotional. I have a similar story, so I just am so inspired. I do need to stop drinking Starbucks! 180 calories doesn't seem much, but I think they under estimate the calories, so for now, I'm giving it up and I will save money and probably kickstart my weightloss again! Thank you so much!!💗💗

Edited by gabybab

7 hours ago, emet1976 said:

I am exactly the same. I was sleeved on 2/20. Lost 55lbs pretty quickly and then the brakes went on! I've been stuck and teetering with a 1-2lb loss (and gain) for over a month now. I still follow the rules and mostly do Keto foods so it's very frustrating. I feel like this is it - and once I can up my intake to the full 8oz per meal that I'll stop losing altogether and actually start to gain. I too have felt like I should've gone with bypass. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Starting weight on surgery date (2/20/2019): 275

4.5 months post-op: 215

Height - 5'7 (female) 42 years young

I'm 54 and 5 6.5. I am glad I'm not alone, but sorry we are going through this. Please stay in touch. We need each other for support!💗

15 hours ago, gabybab said:

Is it too early to be concerned about not having enough weight loss? My restriction has lessened and I'm losing at a snail's pace. I'm so concerned. I lost about 5 pounds in June.

Should I have had gastric bypass? How early is it to consider a revision? Help!!

DONT GIVE UP KEEP MOVING FORWARD Water WATER WATER AND EXERCISE Protein PROTEIN PROTEIN AND EXERCISE YOU GOT THIS MAKE THE NEW TOOL WORK FOR YOU

7 hours ago, GradyCat said:

You've lost a fair amount already, so no worries. Just keep on track with eating the right food. I was in a stall for 3 months and it's finally broken loose. I only lost 10 pounds in 3 months. It's okay. The weight will come off.

Thank you! I feel more reassured I need to think positive and keep moving forward. 💯

10 minutes ago, VIKING 0424 said:

DONT GIVE UP KEEP MOVING FORWARD Water Water WATER AND EXERCISE Protein Protein PROTEIN AND EXERCISE YOU GOT THIS MAKE THE NEW TOOL WORK FOR YOU

You have done amazing in your weight loss. Thank you for your encouraging words!💯

I don’t know what qualifies as an older sleever, however I am 58 and 1 pound shy of my goal weight 11 months later. I’ve had to work harder and push myself to get here. I didn’t focus on cardio and strength training until I was about 5-6 months in. I was walking daily prior to that. My weight loss really slowed down so I knew I had to rev up my metabolism. Much to my dismay it worked...

I’ve come to terms with Im going to have to exercise and eat right the rest of my life. I’m ok with that, I feel 100% better.

I LOVE iced coffee, here is what I do. I buy Starbucks cold brew black at the grocery store. It comes in a 48 oz jar. I put it over ice with sugar free vanilla coffee creamer (35 calories) or add a flavored Protein Shake and it tastes great for a fraction of the calories. I have this every single morning without fail.

Keep going, you’ve got this.

You’ll stall here and there, your body is trying to adjust to everything. Just keep doing what you were taught. Usually if I feel I’ve stalled for too long, (1-2wks) I’ll do a few days of my pre-surgery liquid diet/1clean meal a day. And that usually moves the needle again. And I start my regular diet from there. Make sure you’re exercising and drinking your Water. That’s what going to help move things along. Also everyone is different. Dont be discouraged if youre not losing as fast as someone else. We’re all losing at our own pace. Try going to support groups if your provider has any. They’re pretty helpful.

And if you need a shoulder to cry on, somebody to complain to, think of your Buddy Frustr8, I had an RNY at 72, now 73 , it's been 10.5 Months so still in a losing weight/ recovering at My Own Pace, but honey/ homey, it still is 99.9% good. Good for Me, Good for my Future. I will MAKE IT when all is Said and Done! 😛👍🌈

Don't be discouraged. And by no means consider a revision, you have to feel better than you did. You were, I'm sure told that you would hit a plateau, as we all do. To kick start it again, take a couple days and do protien drinks or have protien drinks during the day and have a light meal, push through. The first 5 months the weight goes so fast, you want that to keep up, but it can't and doesn't. Keep pushing through. Seek support groups to help with this, if needed. I think the key is to kickstart it again and I was told that going back to liquids for a couple days would help do that. I too feel like my appetite is pretty good, but then when I'm actually eating, I can't finish all that much, so just because you want to eat it all, your probably not - or don't let yourself, find something else to do. Keep up the good work, no matter how little that may seem to be some weeks - it will all be worth it in the end!!

Edited by Lorijp

On 7/16/2019 at 5:26 AM, GreenTealael said:

A lot of thongs determine WL, Age gender prior health issues bowel movem, macro levels hydration. Some people just lose slowly, I did. I know it seems scary because hear abput maximizing the honeymoon phase. Constantly. But yoir body will do mostly what it wants

But

You can still make it to you goals by sheer determination. Do Not five up or feel defeated. That's usually when the bad habits will reinforcetheir positions in your mind. Do not give doubt real estate in your WLS journey.

sleep /hydrate more, stress less amd join groups activities, challenges that keep you accountable and multifaceted

Good Luck 💜

Goodness i should not have posted while impaired lol spellcheck betrayed me...

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

we all understood what you were saying lol welcome back girl !!!

Edited by VIKING 0424

3 minutes ago, VIKING 0424 said:

we all understood what you were saying lol welcome back girl !!!

😁 thank you 😁

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

A lot of thongs determine WL,..

I was ROFLOL @ that one!

When you think about it, it's true. If you can't see the thong, you need to lose some weight. LOL!

we got u GT!! Lol. Hope you are feeling great!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks @GreenTealael, I needed the thongs 😂.... lol

I am 7 kinds of frustrated and mainly my own fault, but still here... but I just don't know if I can do drastic anymore - Protein shakes...ugh! I worry that if I drop the calories below 1400 to lose, then I will have to permanently live on 1000/day forever - not sure I can do that... (I also have ongoing life stress that just grabs ya by the balls all the time....)

And I need some female surgery in August that I am sure will produce some weight loss - the rear vag wall needs repairing - rectocele and terrible episiotomies making pooping a contortionist's three ring circus out of me.... I will likely avoid food while healing...