Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to the hospital today to get my endoscopy since I’m having trouble eating most solid meats. They weighed me once and it was 102 kg(point something idk exact number) but they told me it was 224.9lbs. Well the past few days when I weigh myself at home it shows that I’ve gained weight. For example a week ago I was 227 and yesterday it said I was 232. Well I got home after my procedure and weighed myself and it said 233lbs. Which is almost a ten lbs difference. My question is which is more accurate? Or which do you personally think is more accurate. Usually I go by mine because it says I’m a couple lbs less than the office but this time it’s the complete opposite which confuses me. I want to say the lower weight but that’s just because it makes me feel better😂

I used to have a weight watcher scale and it was exact with the doctor. I bought a new one and i get on it 3 times with different amounts and I go with the high one or average it. If there is a 10lb difference you can be sure doctors is right. They usually have to collaborate the scale on a regular bases. Which if you weight on both even if ten pound difference I might choice the hightest. Maybe measure yourself instead.

Okay thank you 😊

The doctors scale always seems different than my own, I was checking on two different scales until I put the other one away for now and using my mother’s bathroom scale. Every so often the two would say the same weight, but mostly they didn’t match up. I figured I’m just obsessed. But make sure the scale is on a solid level floor like tile. My bedroom floor had some flex to it I guess it throws the scale off. Also how you stand on it seems to make a difference (or maybe my imagination) but step on it with feet at the outer edges (a more stable stance?) and look straight ahead and not down at the scale until it’s done calculating.

That said I go by my home scale (I always forget what the surgeon scale says) my general practitioner scale always seems on the high side.

I had an endoscopy Thursday July 11th and my weight went up and got stuck for the past few days.

It is anybody's guess as to which is more accurate; repeatability and how the two correlate is more important. I know that my PCP's scale consistently reads about 5 lb more, with typical clothes and shoes on, than my home scale when I'm naked - I can tell the nurse within a half pound what the reading will be based upon what I weighed that morning.

There is no requirement for a doctor's scale to be calibrated, and they don't normally do so unless there are many complaints about it being off (assuming that they care.) I had one doc whose scale shifted about 25 lb when they moved his office from one end of the building to the other (obviously, someone dropped something!) yet he was oblivious to the change (it used to be consistent with other scales in my universe, then it changed when he moved.) Of course, that change happened at a time when I had lost 25-30 lb between meetings with him, so he didn't believe my claim as to how much I had lost.....

If you are really concerned about total accuracy, find a scale that is used for commerce, as that will have to be calibrated periodically. My dad used to go down to the shipping room at his work to weigh himself, as their scales were used for figuring their freight charges.

Each scale is going to be slightly different, so I'd stick with the consistency of your home scale to determine your ups and downs. Weight is, after all, just a number, and the number on your scale is your most consistent.

Thank you all ❤️🙏🏻😊

Just got back from my 3 months follow up and my doctor said he trusts the home scales more than hospital ones. But as was noted before using the same scale will measure your losses accurately even if the actual weight is off a little.

The doctor's scale is probably more accurate... the one at my doctor's office costs thousands of dollars because it runs all kinds of metrics. Mine claims to, but it was $29.99 off Amazon sooooo. But anyways I go with whichever is lower. LOL.