Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2019 Surgery Siblings Post-Op



Recommended Posts

What a difference! Pretty woman before and still are, but you can see how well defined your cheekbones are, etc.
Great job!!
Thank you!! I was able to lose the 3lbs I gained last week [emoji16]

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
Surgery wt: 266
CW 228
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Dr actually told me to cut my workouts down to just getting my steps. I had only been able to get maybe 200-300 calories a day because I vomit almost daily and I was burning more calories than that in the gym every day. I was getting very weak. So now, i'm trying to add more calories so that I can go back to my regular workouts. I had been losing really slowly even with my calories being in the negative so hopefully this will jump start my progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, for the past four weeks, out of nowhere, I have begun throwing up mucus. It happens about 5 times a day. Before I would just dry heave, and maybe spit up if I hadn’t had too much to eat and drank too much Water on an empty stomach. I’m working with my dr on it, but I can’t help but wonder if anyone else has this same problem? Nothing changed, diet, exercise, medication. It’s seemingly random which makes it that much scarier. If I could get anyone’s input it would certainly ease my mind. Today I may have to go back under the scope and get my stomach stretched again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

My Dr actually told me to cut my workouts down to just getting my steps. I had only been able to get maybe 200-300 calories a day because I vomit almost daily and I was burning more calories than that in the gym every day. I was getting very weak. So now, i'm trying to add more calories so that I can go back to my regular workouts. I had been losing really slowly even with my calories being in the negative so hopefully this will jump start my progress.

@ARMoma45 - I am so sorry you are going through this! What a struggle...you must have a spine of steel and great determination to have continued working out to that degree with so little calories! Bless your heart...you are back in the calorie territory of our first few weeks!

I'm glad you are going to give body a break....did your doctor say anything or have suggestions to help with your vomiting?

I think you will definitely shake up your weight loss...where you were at every day, I can only imagine your body was hanging on to everything that it could in order to keep going.

Am sending thoughts and prayers your way for a quick rebound!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is everyone's journey going? I've been doing good. I haven't been tracking my food... bad I know, but I'm still steadily losing weight. I'm down 51lbs in 3 1/2months weighing in at 210 right now. Only 11lbs til onederland! I think I'm gonna hit that little goal before January like I had hoped.

I've seen some people that I hadn't seen since last February and they were like WHOA! You've lost a lot of weight I said about 50lbs and they said wow it looks like you've lost so much more you looks so different! I was like thankssss! So I wonder how my family is gonna react when they see me in person. I havent seen them in probably a year and a half.

I had my 3month blood draws done by my PCM since my Bariatric clinic is 2hrs away. I will have an over the phone appt with them after i send them my results. But my PCM was really happy with my results she said my cholesterol dropped and she was happy about that and that everything was perfect. Overall everything is going good and I am so happy i chose to get the surgery!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Edited by MeowAMR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work! @MeowAMR!
I’m in a similar spot. Down 49 lbs since 7/30, and just 11 from the one hundreds, so very much hoping to get there by the new year. I can see a big difference in my shape and clothes. I had my Bariatric appointments the week before last and everything came back normal. I feel like I’ve been more tortoise than hare in my losing, but my PA and nutritionist were thrilled. And honestly, I am not sure I’d want to be losing any more quickly. I already feel like I’ve got some bagginess in the skin of my thighs, arms and under my chin/jaw. Hoping my collagen can keep up. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great job ladies!!!

Hubz & I are 121 & 98 lost respectively since 7/9. He’s passed up his first goal and decided to keep going I’m about 40 from my goal. Just keeping on keeping on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been an amazing journey so far. I am down 77lbs from my heaviest weight and 45lbs of those lbs since surgery 7/31. I've slipped up a few times and got back on track immediately. The first post OP holidays are going to be really hard, having to cook my family's favorite holiday foods and just being exposed to all those carbs and sugars. I typically keep leftovers after the holidays but planning on getting rid of everything except the Proteins.

Glad to hear everyone is doing great!! [emoji4][emoji4]

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
Surgery wt: 266
CW 221
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, how is everyone doing? My weight loss has been really slow, I'm averaging 1 lb. a week. It's not the best but its something. I know I'm losing inches as well. I'm in between pants size 14 and 16. I feel great aside from all the Hair loss. Hoping it stops soon.

Wishing all of you a happy and safe Thanksgiving!!


5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
Surgery wt: 266
CW 218
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

Anyone have nausea with Water? I can’t drink plain water anymore- like at all. I am staying with family for the past week- and I didn’t buy diet Snapple that I usually drink- I feel very nauseous after drinking water. It’s horrible. I can eat all kinds of food. My restriction is pretty strong, but there is no food group I have to avoid because of intolerance. Anyone heard of this happening to anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2019 at 8:47 AM, KarenLR75 said:

@ARMoma45 - I am so sorry you are going through this! What a struggle...you must have a spine of steel and great determination to have continued working out to that degree with so little calories! Bless your heart...you are back in the calorie territory of our first few weeks!

I'm glad you are going to give body a break....did your doctor say anything or have suggestions to help with your vomiting?

I think you will definitely shake up your weight loss...where you were at every day, I can only imagine your body was hanging on to everything that it could in order to keep going.

Am sending thoughts and prayers your way for a quick rebound!!

Thank you. I'm scheduled for gallbladder removal next month so hopefully that'll get me back on the right track. I'm officially down almost 103 lbs total and about 88 since July so i'm really pleased with the progress even with the setbacks. Right now I use a lot of phenergan and zofran lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2019 at 1:11 AM, MeowAMR said:

How is everyone's journey going? I've been doing good. I haven't been tracking my food... bad I know, but I'm still steadily losing weight. I'm down 51lbs in 3 1/2months weighing in at 210 right now. Only 11lbs til onederland! I think I'm gonna hit that little goal before January like I had hoped.

I've seen some people that I hadn't seen since last February and they were like WHOA! You've lost a lot of weight I said about 50lbs and they said wow it looks like you've lost so much more you looks so different! I was like thankssss! So I wonder how my family is gonna react when they see me in person. I havent seen them in probably a year and a half.

I had my 3month blood draws done by my PCM since my Bariatric clinic is 2hrs away. I will have an over the phone appt with them after i send them my results. But my PCM was really happy with my results she said my cholesterol dropped and she was happy about that and that everything was perfect. Overall everything is going good and I am so happy i chose to get the surgery!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sounds like you're rocking it ...congrats. Oh and I don't track my food either. It's hard when I usually vomit most of it back up lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did everyone do, during Thanksgiving? We went to my in laws. I am so thankful I didn't have to cook everything this year. I managed to eat a small slice of Turkey and a small slice of Ham. I had some mash potatoes and two spoon full of macaroni and cheese. I had a sliver of a piece of pumpkin pie. I figured its only one day a year. Right back to Protein protein protein!!!! I hit my 3 month stall during Nov it lasted a few weeks. Last time I was here I was 210 in the first week of Nov and had a 3week stall (UGH!!) and now finally losing again. Down to 205lbs. I am hoping now that my stall is gone I'll start dropping weight steadily again. Anywho, I hope everyone is doing well!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did everyone do, during Thanksgiving? We went to my in laws. I am so thankful I didn't have to cook everything this year. I managed to eat a small slice of Turkey and a small slice of Ham. I had some mash potatoes and two spoon full of macaroni and cheese. I had a sliver of a piece of pumpkin pie. I figured its only one day a year. Right back to Protein Protein protein!!!! I hit my 3 month stall during Nov it lasted a few weeks. Last time I was here I was 210 in the first week of Nov and had a 3week stall (UGH!!) and now finally losing again. Down to 205lbs. I am hoping now that my stall is gone I'll start dropping weight steadily again. Anywho, I hope everyone is doing well!!!

Hi,
I gained 2 lbs from fatsgiving but I was able to lose a lb in the last couple of days. Glad you were able to get out of cooking.

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
Surgery wt: 266
CW 215
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had about 2 tbsp of anything I wanted and a slice of turkey. Too full for dessert. Ended up losing a pound over night and two more the following weekend. Now sitting 3 pounds from my end of year goal to get below 200. I just might do this! We are headed to Universal Orlando for New Years and the prospect of going on rides without being self conscious about being over #200 is pretty exciting!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×