Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2019 Surgery Siblings Post-Op

I hit my one year anniversary at the end of the month and have lost 95 lbs—more than I ever expected to, tbh.

Quarantine and not being able to get out to the gym definitely moved my weight loss into low gear in March— only 10 lbs in the four months since—but frankly, I am grateful to have lost anything rather than gained over the past few months, like most of the world.

I'm now about 5 lbs from my most recent goal but I'm thinking I will set that goal about 10 lbs lower, since I still have a lot of extra pudge. (It's funny how I don't feel like my shape is stunningly different even though I'm 9 sizes smaller.) I definitely feel like a deflated beach ball, skin-wise, but I also do feel like things have tightened up a smidgen over the past months, so maybe that will continue.

With the pandemic, and being inside most of the time, nothing much has changed in terms of lifestyle or social stuff. It's still a rather solitary experience. It will be interesting to see how things are when things finally return to normal.

I’m doing great! Down 115.. eating a little more since I’m exercising.. biking 8-10 miles and Zumba! Down from 20 to an 8... healthy eating

DAF86E71-A32B-45F3-978A-C91FC3965275.jpeg

So happy for you both!!

Hi all,
My one year surgery anniversary is 7/31. Since surgery I've lost 84 lbs. Quarantine has not been helpful, I am working from home full time now and not getting much exercise. My doctor says I'm doing great in spite of everything. I'm in a size 10 pants size now. I'm pleased with my progress and I will keep going! Hope everyone is doing well, happy 1-year to all of my July siblings!!

5'4"
HW 297
VSG 7/31/19
SW 266
CW 182
1st GW 170
2nd GW 135 "With God all things are possible" Matthew 19:26

My surgery was 7/26 and I’ve lost 95 pounds. During the pandemic I was able to spend more time on the kitchen and also invested in an air fryer, best money spent!! Also I committed to at least 30m a day of exercise using YouTube, free trials from different apps and even cleaning. I missed my last two checkups but I’m planning to go sometime this month. This year has allowed to get reacquainted with myself. I find pleasure in things that the excess weight has taken from me. Happy anniversary to all!!

Haven't been doing well the past 5 weeks..no weight loss. Letting calories sneak in during the day. COVID is driving me nuts especially with a spouse home 24/7 eating carbs and many trigger foods that they used to not eat in front of me. Getting back to business as I still have so much to lose. Down 175 lbs from highest weight ever but lost 60 lbs of that in 3 years doing Keto off and on before surgery. My 1 year 'anniversary' was yesterday (7/25) so from the date of surgery I lost 115 lbs. If I had stayed on track, that # could easily have been 10 lbs more but that is not something I can stay hung up on.

17 hours ago, KarenLR75 said:

Haven't been doing well the past 5 weeks..no weight loss. Letting calories sneak in during the day. COVID is driving me nuts especially with a spouse home 24/7 eating carbs and many trigger foods that they used to not eat in front of me. Getting back to business as I still have so much to lose. Down 175 lbs from highest weight ever but lost 60 lbs of that in 3 years doing Keto off and on before surgery. My 1 year 'anniversary' was yesterday (7/25) so from the date of surgery I lost 115 lbs. If I had stayed on track, that # could easily have been 10 lbs more but that is not something I can stay hung up on.

Dont beat yourself up over it! But look at the difference in reaction then times before. You recognized it and now you get back on track. I know for me i use to have a bad day and thought i completely ruined my diet. Not anymore! i didnt get big over night and i didnt lose it over night. I know if i have an off day i just need to get back on track the next day. Heck ive even had off weekends. But we need those every now and again. You got this!!

Hey y'all! Well its been past my 1 year surgiversary 07/24. I thought I'd come and check in even though I'm late lol. I'm officially down -81lbs in a year. Started at 261lbs and now 180lbs. Starting BMI 41, current BMI 28... so now I'm only overweight lol and not morbidly obese. But the BMI scale that goes by height and waist size says I am normal BMI range lol. I got to my goal of size 10 Levi's pants!! waist size 30 (last picture) Yay!!! Of course I wanted to get to 100lbs down, but I did not reach it. Regardless I am truly happy where I am now so not losing the other 19lbs isn't a huge deal for me. I am finally comfortable in a bikini again (middle picture) which feels awesome (even though I have cottage cheese legs lol IDC).

I am just so glad I had the surgery. I remember I was so scared to get the surgery and thinking what my life would be like and almost backing out of the surgery thinking I would miss out on all my favorite foods post op, but I was wrong. I'm glad I didn't chicken out. I'm finally happy again to be in the skin I'm in... even though its not perfect its good enough for me. PhotoGrid_1597212362415.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, MeowAMR said:

Hey y'all! Well its been past my 1 year surgiversary 07/24. I thought I'd come and check in even though I'm late lol. I'm officially down -81lbs in a year. Started at 261lbs and now 180lbs. Starting BMI 41, current BMI 28... so now I'm only overweight lol and not morbidly obese. But the BMI scale that goes by height and waist size says I am normal BMI range lol. I got to my goal of size 10 Levi's pants!! waist size 30 (last picture) Yay!!! Of course I wanted to get to 100lbs down, but I did not reach it. Regardless I am truly happy where I am now so not losing the other 19lbs isn't a huge deal for me. I am finally comfortable in a bikini again (middle picture) which feels awesome (even though I have cottage cheese legs lol IDC).

I am just so glad I had the surgery. I remember I was so scared to get the surgery and thinking what my life would be like and almost backing out of the surgery thinking I would miss out on all my favorite foods post op, but I was wrong. I'm glad I didn't chicken out. I'm finally happy again to be in the skin I'm in... even though its not perfect its good enough for me. PhotoGrid_1597212362415.jpg

wooohoooo!! congrats!!!!

8 hours ago, MeowAMR said:

OMFG 😍