Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2019 Surgery Siblings Post-Op

i just hit goal yesterday actually. And i lost another pound since then. Im not sure where it will stop. But im already eating 1300 cals a day and cant really get much more in right now. So im sure ill get close to 200 when its all said and done. Maybe less.

But overall i feel amazing.

Sometimes I forget im a July surgery baby too (because I had a revision) but stopping by to update:

Had my 6 month Bari surgeon visit yesterday (albeit a month late) and he was EXTREMELY happy that my GERD is gone, my weight remained stable and I did not have any new complaints

So I am doing well, maintaining, completed plastics & enjoying life ❤

Edited by GreenTealael

4 hours ago, JAKE H said:

i just hit goal yesterday actually. And i lost another pound since then. Im not sure where it will stop. But im already eating 1300 cals a day and cant really get much more in right now. So im sure ill get close to 200 when its all said and done. Maybe less.

But overall i feel amazing.

Wow that's amazing, congrats! We are the same height with almost the same exact starting weight and goal weight so it's encouraging to see it can be done. What did you do to get there so quickly?

My husband hit And passed Goal a few months ago I still have about 40 to go I think.

Surgery 7/9/19

6’4 HW 360 SW 350 GW 260 CW 202

5’8 HW 310 SW 290 GW 150/160 CW 191

13 hours ago, SINISTER said:

Wow that's amazing, congrats! We are the same height with almost the same exact starting weight and goal weight so it's encouraging to see it can be done. What did you do to get there so quickly?

As far as diet goes, i stuck to a good plan and for the first six months i had a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch with a couple of Protein based "snacks" (cheese stick, a serving of jerky..etc) and then for dinner it would be some kind of meat and veggie. The weight will come off regardless. i wasnt try to do it fast, Ive just become obsessed with the gym and working out. I started crossfit two weeks after surgery and i havent stopped. I also took up running. Just ran a half marathon two sundays ago. I wanted to get a good relationship with working out because i know the honey moon phase will end and i can eat more eventually. So, i know if i continue to exercise and add good foods to my diet ill be successful in the long run. So i guess the way i did it, is by relearning the true value in food and by setting up a plan for the rest of my life. I cant believe how fast time has gone. Im loving every second of it tho. I have days where i feel down when everyone at the house is snacking or everyone at my office is celebrating with beer and pizza. But then i look in the mirror and remember i use to hate who was looking back at me. And now every time i see myself i almost chuckle a little bit. Like thats actually you dude. Where im at today was well worth skipping the cake and pizza. But dont get me wrong, once in a while you gotta try a thing or two or youll go insane. lol Find that balance and live there. SOrry for the long response.

0813AEAA-734D-4AEA-97DF-6092614804F8.JPG

9 hours ago, JAKE H said:

As far as diet goes, i stuck to a good plan and for the first six months i had a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch with a couple of Protein based "snacks" (cheese stick, a serving of jerky..etc) and then for dinner it would be some kind of meat and veggie. The weight will come off regardless. i wasnt try to do it fast, Ive just become obsessed with the gym and working out. I started crossfit two weeks after surgery and i havent stopped. I also took up running. Just ran a half marathon two sundays ago. I wanted to get a good relationship with working out because i know the honey moon phase will end and i can eat more eventually. So, i know if i continue to exercise and add good foods to my diet ill be successful in the long run. So i guess the way i did it, is by relearning the true value in food and by setting up a plan for the rest of my life. I cant believe how fast time has gone. Im loving every second of it tho. I have days where i feel down when everyone at the house is snacking or everyone at my office is celebrating with beer and pizza. But then i look in the mirror and remember i use to hate who was looking back at me. And now every time i see myself i almost chuckle a little bit. Like thats actually you dude. Where im at today was well worth skipping the cake and pizza. But dont get me wrong, once in a while you gotta try a thing or two or youll go insane. lol Find that balance and live there. SOrry for the long response.

0813AEAA-734D-4AEA-97DF-6092614804F8.JPG

That's awesome thanks for the response. I used to work out all the time but after several injuries and health issues turned into laziness I stopped. I'm ready and excited to get back into the gym and hit the weights though. It's tough on the days that I work because I get up at 3:30am and don't get home until after 7pm but on my days off I'm going to be diligent. My relationship with food has so drastically changed over the last 6 weeks it's insane. Finally a healthy relationship!

It really is nice to see someone close to where I recently was be successful in this journey though, you look great!

I had my VSG 7/31/19 and last week I finally hit Onederland!!! It's such a great accomplishment and I'm 100% focused on getting to my 1st goal weight! I'm feeling pretty amazing these days and loving my new life

5'4"
HW 297
VSG 7/31/19
SW 266
CW 198
1st GW 170
FGW 135

"With God all things are possible" Matthew 19:26

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app 3rd

I'm not sure how I'm doing. I am worried that eating is a lot easier. There was so much comfort in not being able to eat a lot -- now it's up to me and that word discipline. In April, 2019, I weighed 274. On surgery day, July 15, I weighed 261. Today I weigh 205. I have only lost five pounds in the last two months. No excuses, though. I think I was relying so much on my body not being able to handle more food/beverages that I didn't work on the discipline I need to get me through these times when eating is easier. I still eat only 1/2 a plate and I eat more in the early part of the day vs the evening. I guess I have to exercise a heck of a lot more than just 2 miles on a treadmill. Encouragement?

3 minutes ago, ChristineSO said:

I'm not sure how I'm doing. I am worried that eating is a lot easier. There was so much comfort in not being able to eat a lot -- now it's up to me and that word discipline. In April, 2019, I weighed 274. On surgery day, July 15, I weighed 261. Today I weigh 205. I have only lost five pounds in the last two months. No excuses, though. I think I was relying so much on my body not being able to handle more food/beverages that I didn't work on the discipline I need to get me through these times when eating is easier. I still eat only 1/2 a plate and I eat more in the early part of the day vs the evening. I guess I have to exercise a heck of a lot more than just 2 miles on a treadmill. Encouragement?

Good news is you know what you have to do when it comes to eating. Now you just had to up your activity and continue to eat good healthy foods. Maybe look into some high intensity work outs. I know you can keep it going. This ride is not over and im sure youre more restricted then you were before surgery. Take full advantage! I love working out now. and i think it has a lot to do with my success. I know people similar to me that had the surgery and lost a lot at first and then plateau before goal because then never exercised. Use the tool while we have it and incorporate a new life style in that time. Good luck! You got this.

Hey yall!!! It's been awhile since I've been around my last post was in December. So far things have been going well. Typical stalls and temptations!!!!! I can say I have failed at resisting at times. I was 205 the last time I was here and now I am at 190lbs! 15lbs down since I was here last and down 71lbs total. I was so happy when I finally hit "Onederland".

Seems like once I hit the 6month mark weight loss has slowed. I am responsible for that though. I haven't been hitting my Protein or Water goal so I know that will slow me down plus, I've been bad and eating some sweets here and there. I am determined to lost 29lbs before they year mark which may not be possible, but I would like to. I did get to my size goal. Before the surgery I was around a size 18/20 and said all I want to be is a size 10/12 and I am there!!! I have finally got into Levi jeans sizes and I love them!! Boyyy!!! they make your booty look so good lol! But honestly if I stay where I am at right now I would be completely happy. Even though I haven't been losing much weight lately I can tell I am still losing inches. Hope yall are doing good and getting close to where you want to be!! (Attached a little progression)

89938363_521929655175450_1640918703845408768_n.jpg

Hi all,
Just checking in. I'm slowly pushing along. I'm down to 194 and wearing size 12 pants and med/leg tops. The weigh is slowly coming off but at least the scale is moving. I've been working from home the last month which I haven't been getting my usual excercise in. I miss the stairs at work. I've been cooped up in my house it seems like forever. I have asthma really bad and cannot risk getting sick. Hope every one is doing great. Stay safe, stay well.

5'4"
HW 297
VSG 7/31/19
SW 266
CW 194
1st GW 170
FGW 135

"With God all things are possible" Matthew 19:26

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app 3rd

How are my july siblings doing? were all coming up on a year. i hope everyone is killing it!!

25 minutes ago, JAKE H said:

How are my july siblings doing? were all coming up on a year. i hope everyone is killing it!!

Woah, I just realized it's almost a year since my conversion to RNY 😳

Just now, GreenTealael said:

Woah, I just realized it's almost a year since my conversion to RNY 😳

Crazy. But i already know youre doing well 😋😘