Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2019 Surgery Siblings Post-Op

HEY guys! Im new here. I see a couple surgery twins! RNY 7/31/19 I just stepped on the scale earlier and it said 229!!!!! I'm below 230's now! WOW! I about cried! So I am never hungry! I have no desire to eat. And i hardly ever have cravings. I literally have to force myself to eat everyday....Is there anyone else going thru that too?

Welcome!! Great job!!! I have days that I have to make myself eat too. Yet on some days I do get hunger pains. However I can eat a few small bites be fine for a few hours

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
Surgery wt: 266
CW 228
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

New measurements down another 14inches. Yay!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

20191008_142858.jpg

Edited by MeowAMR

I was able to edit it and get it posted upright... down 43lbs and 41inches since surgery 2months 2wks ago. I have measurements from 2012 and I weigh 220 then and I weigh 218 now and the bust and waist are smaller yay! lol So I havent been this weight in basically 6yrs. It's crazy to think about.

PhotoGrid_1570563826995.jpg

Edited by MeowAMR

New measurements down another 14inches. Yay!

20191008_142858.thumb.jpg.e02d2602dd76088529058c65c0b5a837.jpg
Wow!! You are doing great!!! That is so awesome!! Congrats on your progress [emoji4][emoji123][emoji122][emoji106]

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 228
GW 135

14 hours ago, MeowAMR said:

I was able to edit it and get it posted upright... down 43lbs and 41inches since surgery 2months 2wks ago. I have measurements from 2012 and I weigh 220 then and I weigh 218 now and the bust and waist are smaller yay! lol So I havent been this weight in basically 6yrs. It's crazy to think about.

CONGRATULATIONS!! What an accomplishment!!! Look at you...shrinking all over!!

Am beyond happy for you!!

I felt skinny this morning for once so I snapped a pic. I then added it to my collage and what a difference! I still can't believe the first picture is me. But then I still feel like I look like the first picture and that even though I've lost 45lbs I still look that big. Now seeing the difference I gotta push myself to believe I am changing and to stop seeing myself as before. I'm 5lbs away from the half way mark of my goal weight and I'm 17lbs away from Onederland! I can't wait! 20191015_143105.jpeg

*adding pic so my previous pic isn't thumbnail for this thread* lolScreenshot_20191016-013557_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

I felt skinny this morning for once so I snapped a pic. I then added it to my collage and what a difference! I still can't believe the first picture is me. But then I still feel like I look like the first picture and that even though I've lost 45lbs I still look that big. Now seeing the difference I gotta push myself to believe I am changing and to stop seeing myself as before. I'm 5lbs away from the half way mark of my goal weight and I'm 17lbs away from Onederland! I can't wait! 20191015_143105.thumb.jpeg.f909f1333d9716bb30a2775c77720629.jpeg

You look amazing!! Congrats!!

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 228
GW 135

Update, I gained 3 lbs last week but lost 2 lbs this week. We had catered Breakfast and lunches brought in last week for my team and I made some poor decisions but this week I'm focused and back on track. I was miserable last week. This 1st pic was taken yesterday the other one a 3 weeks ago. SmartSelect_20191015-203112_Perfect365.jpeg SmartSelect_20190922-090144_Gallery.jpeg

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 228
GW 135

39 minutes ago, Flo-grown said:

Update, I gained 3 lbs last week but lost 2 lbs this week. We had catered Breakfast and lunches brought in last week for my team and I made some poor decisions but this week I'm focused and back on track. I was miserable last week. This 1st pic was taken yesterday the other one a 3 weeks ago. SmartSelect_20191015-203112_Perfect365.jpeg SmartSelect_20190922-090144_Gallery.jpeg

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 228
GW 135

What a difference! Pretty woman before and still are, but you can see how well defined your cheekbones are, etc.

Great job!!

Back in a stall. Am not happy to be honest. Over the past 2 to 2.5 ks I've actually went up almost 2 lbs. I cut my calories for the past few days back from the 800 calories my dr gave me and was hitting around 600 to 700 calories. I managed to get '1' lb off...

I intellectually understand that stalls happen but inside my head panic sets in and thinks if I can now only lose ONE or TWO lbs a month - this will TAKE FOREVER! I was settling for maybe a 1-2 lb a week weight loss and had lowered my expectations...as that would give me a loss of anywhere from 4.2 to 8.4 lbs a month. NOTHING like what I'm seeing with most people especially as I'm 10 days shy of being 3 months past surgery.

This is the "time" when we are supposed to lose the most weight so I'm getting a bit concerned.

Hi guys,

I am going through a three-week stall. Kinda bummed. Have lost 0 lbs- maybe +/-1 over the three weeks. I did increase my calories during this time and feel my hunger is back- I obviously dont eat as much as I used to, but I do get hungry nowadays. I wonder if this is it. Maybe all my body wants to lose is 50 lbs. I was really hoping to reach 155 lbs.

Well, hopefully this is just a stall and not end of the road.

Hope all the others here are having better luck.

3wk stalls are normal. I know how hard it is to be positive about stalls, but they are just that stalls. You'll definitely lose again. I would put the scale away and not check my weight for awhile. Hope yall break your stalls soon. I know normally there is a 3month stall and we are all coming up on our 3 month so we should all start stalling soon if you're not already. I'm not looking forward to it...

Lifes good today!! Weighed in this morning at 258. down 82 from surgery 7/10. Im doing crossfit (happy open) and i love it. its changed my life. Im still at about 800 cals a day. shake for Breakfast and lunch. meat and veggie for dinner, Quest Protein chips in between. im loving it. food is fuel now, and nothing else.