Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2019 Surgery Siblings Post-Op

36 minutes ago, darcyjae said:

The idea that this is some easy way out of obesity is laughably ridiculous to anyone familiar with the effort it takes to undergo this process successfully.

HAH! That's so right! A friend of mine, whom I've known for over 50 years, called me 2 months after my surgery. (He knew I was having it) He asked how it went. I told him how I was doing. His question - "So what do they do? Carve the fat off of you?" Well, I burst into laughter! The 1st image that popped into my head was one of those huge roasts at a buffet table, slowly rotating, while slices are carved to serve.

I saw myself spinning while my surgeon attacked my thighs & butt! YEAH!! Carve that fat away!! I'm *STILL* ROFL!!

17 hours ago, MeowAMR said:

He started attacking my weight and told me if I stopped eating cake and just exercised I wouldn't need the surgery and to take accountability for my actions.

The only person not taking accountability for their actions is him. You already demonstrated accountability by pursuing WLS and doing a dang fine job at it even though it is the hardest action to undertake out of them all.

He likes to fight dirty it seems. Just let him wallow in it. I'm sure you were very distressed when he made that comment...I'd have been so tempted to say "wow, thanks, you solved it for me!. I never thought about doing any of that. I think you should write a book since you are now an expert in solving things you have no experience with".

I say TEMPTED to say it as often when ppl fight dirty like that they are trying to get a reaction so often the best course of action is to give them NO reaction. So much easier said than done though!

I'm sorry he did that to you though..sorry you went through it. I think life will be better off without his poor behavior in the mix.

I ended up telling him the next day to talk all the crap he wants and to say all the fat jokes he wants. In the end Ill still lose the weight and I'll still look damn good so he can shove it. He had no response lol!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

20 hours ago, MeowAMR said:

So I've had my first bad experience on someone throwing the surgery in my face. A guy I knew got mad at me because he broke up our group of friends and tried blaming me and everyone else. Which it was him and his attitude is why people didnt want to be friends with him anymore. He started attacking my weight and told me if I stopped eating cake and just exercised I wouldn't need the surgery and to take accountability for my actions. It was kinda hurtful when someone uses something you confided in them with and then they try to use it as an insult. I didn't tell many people for this exact reason, but he went around and told everyone and even people that are acquaintances. I know stuff about him that would embarrass him, but I didn't stoop to that level because what's the point. The good thing is the people who now know are supportive and think he's a total ****** for the things he said. He just made himself look bad and pushed more people away. Ugh why do some people just suck!

I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Unfortunately, when some people don't get their way, they show their true colors. Count yourself as blessed that he is out of your life and keep on keepin on :)

On 9/23/2019 at 8:55 AM, MeowAMR said:

So I've had my first bad experience on someone throwing the surgery in my face. A guy I knew got mad at me because he broke up our group of friends and tried blaming me and everyone else. Which it was him and his attitude is why people didnt want to be friends with him anymore. He started attacking my weight and told me if I stopped eating cake and just exercised I wouldn't need the surgery and to take accountability for my actions. It was kinda hurtful when someone uses something you confided in them with and then they try to use it as an insult. I didn't tell many people for this exact reason, but he went around and told everyone and even people that are acquaintances. I know stuff about him that would embarrass him, but I didn't stoop to that level because what's the point. The good thing is the people who now know are supportive and think he's a total ****** for the things he said. He just made himself look bad and pushed more people away. Ugh why do some people just suck!

I'm sorry it hurts that he was a jerk, probably reacting to some emotional hurt himself. Nonetheless, you have to think of yourself and be proud of this courageous move you made. When dealing with bad situations (that in the long run really don't matter), I take strength from an Andy Warhol quote. Hope it helps you:

“Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, "So what."
"My mother didn't love me." So what.
"My husband won't ball me. So what.
"I'm a success but I'm still alone." So what.
I don't know how I made it through all the years before I learned how to do that trick. It took a long time for me to learn it, but once you do, you never forget.”
Andy Warhol, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol

Hi,
I'm 2 months post OP and so far i'm down 35 lbs since surgery. I'm hoping to lose another 31 lbs by the end of the year for a total lose of 100 lbs.since January. I'm currently averaging a loss of 2 lbs a week with little exercise. I'm working on adding more excercise to my daily routine. I'm currently working 13-15 hour days. I'd much rather be at the gym but when I get home I am just so exhausted. I know I need to cut back my hours and soon.

Hope my July surgery siblings are having success losing!! [emoji173]

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
Surgery wt: 266
CW 231
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

16 hours ago, Flo-grown said:

Hi,
I'm 2 months post OP and so far i'm down 35 lbs since surgery. I'm hoping to lose another 31 lbs by the end of the year for a total lose of 100 lbs.since January. I'm currently averaging a loss of 2 lbs a week with little exercise. I'm working on adding more excercise to my daily routine. I'm currently working 13-15 hour days. I'd much rather be at the gym but when I get home I am just so exhausted. I know I need to cut back my hours and soon.

Hope my July surgery siblings are having success losing!!

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 231
GW 135

I'm in the same boat as you. My weight in July was 274, on surgery day of July 15, I was 261. Today I am 233. The weight has not flown off but it's a good pace. I don't exercise often, unfortunately. I was about to write an excuse but then realized it was an excuse (too hot, exercise room is a mess, etc). I will exercise more! It's good to interact with fellow July op folks to keep each other motivated!

Walked around Marshalls today and found a cute top on clearance. I wasn't planning on buying clothes until I was well down in weight but this one was too cute and too cheap to let go. Happy to say I was able to purchase a 1X instead of 3X, 2.5 months after surgery. That's the good news. The bad news is that last summer, after watching the Tidying Up show, I decided to get rid of all my "too small" clothes (1X). Oh, they were so nice and now I have to start over again! What I did not expect about weight loss is that my shoe size would also go down. My size 10's are slipping off and 9.5 is feeling good. Oh no! I have so many shoes! Oh well, it's all good as long as I'm losing weight!

5 hours ago, important2b2 said:

Hi I’m scheduled for November 12, 2019 in Guelph,Ontario anyone out there same?

This is the July Surgery Thread. We've all had our surgeries done in July 2019. Here is the roll call for November! I attached the link. Good Luck on your journey! 😊

I'm 2months and 1 wk out. I'm down 42lbs weighting 219 only 20 more lbs til I'm in the 100s can't wait. I have sized down to a med/Large in my pajama pants lol! My other ones were size 2x-3x and they were falling off of me. My husband actually told me your pants look too big for you. I'm down to L/XL in shirts now and can wear form fitting shirts. I was 2x-3x and made sure all my shirts were loose because I was embarrassed of my rolls. Pants I started at a snug 18 and now I'm in a 14/15 and they are getting loose. Its exciting, but at the same time I see myself in the mirror and I feel I look the same as before surgery. I am getting hit on a lot more when I got to random places. Its odd and awkward lol. I am hoping to lose 20lbs by Jan when I go back home to see my family. I want to me in the 100s. I haven't been working out this past month. I got sick then my husband went out of state for work and I had the kids alone and no child care at the gym. I plan on going back Monday!!

On 10/2/2019 at 2:15 PM, ChristineSO said:

I'm in the same boat as you. My weight in July was 274, on surgery day of July 15, I was 261. Today I am 233. The weight has not flown off but it's a good pace. I don't exercise often, unfortunately. I was about to write an excuse but then realized it was an excuse (too hot, exercise room is a mess, etc). I will exercise more! It's good to interact with fellow July op folks to keep each other motivated!

I'm there too— Surgery was 7/31 and down 34 lbs as of today (259 to 225). And I DO exercise every day, with either a 3-5 mile walk or a 45min rowing class.

I was worried I was behind based on some of the rapid drops others here have reported, but my nutritionist at MGH said I'm at a normal and very good pace, so I think we're doing great. Personally I don't want to drop so quickly that my skin can't keep up, so it's probably a good thing.

It's hard not to constantly compare our journeys, but it's also worth noting, when we do, that the people who seek out a forum like this are particularly motivated, and therefore not an average sample of all people with this surgery. 😃

Hey guys it’s been a while just checking in! So glad to hear everyone doing so great! Things have been good here too ! He’s at 98 lost and I’m at 85 lost. I’ll try not to be gone so long before the next update!

Hi,
I attended my first party this weekend. There was quite a few family and friends there. I was really nervous about how I was going to explain my weight loss, I haven't told anyone except my two sons and my soon to be daughter in law. Only two people commented on my weight loss and I basically told them I have been dieting and exercising which I have been since before and after my surgery. I'm just really surprised more people did not comment on my weight loss. I've lost 70 lbs since January. There was a girl at the party who weighed as much as me before, we used to walk every weekend for a few months then we quit because other things kept coming up, she knew how hard I was trying to lose weight. I was shocked that she never commented on my weight loss. She was not acting herself at the party, I got a feeling she was not happy with my weight loss [emoji20]. The good news is I'm 66 days post OP and down 37 lbs. It's coming off slow but it's been steady [emoji4]

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 229
GW 135

HEY guys! Im new here. I see a couple surgery twins! RNY 7/31/19 I just stepped on the scale earlier and it said 229!!!!! I'm below 230's now! WOW! I about cried! So I am never hungry! I have no desire to eat. And i hardly ever have cravings. I literally have to force myself to eat everyday....Is there anyone else going thru that too?