Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2019 Surgery Siblings Post-Op

18 minutes ago, TANK184 said:

When I’m short I try to do like cheese sticks or eggs but it’s tough getting 75 grams of Protein and stay under 800 calories. I’m not eating junk and my wife and I did a Keto for a while as well and we are trying to stay as low carb as possible, only problem is the Calcium and Multi Vitamins chewed the surgeon put me on for the first three months has 20 carbs alone for what I need in a day. Switching to something else after I am out of these for sure!

I hear you! I almost bought some of the calcium chews of one brand (can't remember which one) and at last minute I decided to look @ label (just like I check any 'gummy item') and was shocked at the total that taking 3 of those suckers would cost me in carbs! It was just like you said..roughly 20.

So, no thank you to those. I will say if I'm having problems one day eating meat (like I made my chicken too dry) or for some reason I'm really nauseated, I do try and work in some yogurt from Kroger - the line is called CARBMASTER, I think. The carbs are reasonable, sugars are low (sugar free technically)...and the protein is ok, but I put a chunk of Protein Powder into each one if needed (counting the calories from the powder...still less calories for me than most things)..and stir them up. I've easily gotten 15 grams ...maybe even 20 grams of protein from just one yogurt.

Do you put a whole Protein scoop full? Into like your yogurts and food? I have unflavored protein, but the scoop is huge so i havent been using it. I normally get my daily amounts of protein though, but if i could get in even more i wouldn't be opposed to that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have an 1/8th Cup Measure, think it was marketed Primarily as a coffee Scoop but IT IS CLEARLY MARKED and I use that to add just as much Protein Powder as I want. Pretty perfect for a glass or so if you stir well!

10 hours ago, MeowAMR said:

Do you put a whole Protein scoop full? Into like your yogurts and food? I have unflavored Protein, but the scoop is huge so i havent been using it. I normally get my daily amounts of protein though, but if i could get in even more i wouldn't be opposed to that.

This actually has what I call a 'small scoop'. It is from a small bag of GENEPRO unflavored/medical grade Protein Powder that I THINK i got from BP, but I may have gotten from Amazon. Will have to check.

I'll attach pictures showing the scoop next to a Premier Protein shake so you can get an idea of size. A 'scoop' (small scooper) is 7.2 grams which is roughly equal to a little over 2 tsps so you can see that it is a LOT of protein (30 grams) for a small amount of "powder" although I still calculate all of the calories, etc. that come from it.

Sometimes I don't need an entire '30 grams' as it is = 58.7 calories. Sometimes I do a 1/2 scoop or roughly..a little of 1 tsp. It all depends on where my calories are at for the day. However, if I am not hitting my protein or need a boost, then I don't worry about the extra 58.7 calories.

There were days when I was having an issue getting any 'real food' in and then I added this stuff to diced peaches, yogurt, you name it. However, my calories were very low so the addition of the extra 58.7 calories didn't matter.

For 1 scoop if you use entire amount - besides 58.7 calories, there is .3 grams of fat (negligible to me), 0.6 gms of carbs (negligible to me). 0.6 sugars (negligible to me) and 30 gms of protein.

Here are the pics of the nutrition info and the baby scooper next to my premier Protein Drink (I do NOT add anything to the premier Protein Drinks as they already have 30 grams of protein..lol).

Genepro Scoop to Scale.jpeg

Genepro Nutrition Info.jpeg

I had my 2nd post OP visit today since my surgery on 7/31. My doctor was super pleased with my progress. When I told him that everything I eat makes me head straight to the potty, he suggested I add more Fiber to my diet. I thought that would cause me to go... apparently it works both ways. I'm willing to try anything at this point. Hope everyone else is doing well!!

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
Surgery wt: 266
CW 238
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

On 09/13/2019 at 22:21, frosty 84 said:

Anyone had gastric bypass revision?

Kind of. Mine is technically labeled as a revision, but it’s because I had a nissen fundoplication (I surgery to prevent heartburn).

This has been one of my better weeks! 7 wks out and down 32 lbs. I went from a 3x to a 1x and they are loose . I haven't bought any new/new to me clothes yet. I need to, my coworkers who do not know I had surgery are giving me a hard time about my baggy clothes.

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 234
GW 135

FINALLY! Am at lowest weight in over 15 years. Don't know what we call finally getting out of the '300's and in to the '200's on the scale, but I'm going to call it 'MAGICAL'!!

LOL...am barely into the '2's but I'm claiming it!! Still a slow loser but I'm just grateful at this point. I could still be continuing my eventual 'gain into infinity/death'...

I'm so happy...relieved...so many other emotions...but a good jumble instead of a bad one..

Love this PICTURE!! I was so surprised as I had been stalled for past week and kept showing between a 1.2 lb gain or that I was staying the same. I got on and off the scale like 5 times as I didn't trust in what I was seeing (and my scale is weird sometimes but usually 3 tries gives me the correct #)..

Finally!.JPG

FINALLY! Am at lowest weight in over 15 years. Don't know what we call finally getting out of the '300's and in to the '200's on the scale, but I'm going to call it 'MAGICAL'!!
LOL...am barely into the '2's but I'm claiming it!! Still a slow loser but I'm just grateful at this point. I could still be continuing my eventual 'gain into infinity/death'...
I'm so happy...relieved...so many other emotions...but a good jumble instead of a bad one..
Love this PICTURE!! I was so surprised as I had been stalled for past week and kept showing between a 1.2 lb gain or that I was staying the same. I got on and off the scale like 5 times as I didn't trust in what I was seeing (and my scale is weird sometimes but usually 3 tries gives me the correct #)..

Finally!.JPG.7fc5bb06474a095af9ada34af6a19bf7.JPG

That is so awesome!! Congrats to you!!

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
CW 234
GW 135

I am glad everyone is losing and staying on track! I am getting so many compliments at work about how good I look- lol.

I am down almost 50 lbs from surgery! Down to 178 lbs. I am off Metformin and my plantar fascitiis is almost gone. This was the best thing I ever did.

I am a little sad about not being able wearing any of the branded/ expensive clothes in my wardrobe. I am wearing the clothes I had when I was in medschool and residency.

11 hours ago, KarenLR75 said:

Finally!.JPG

Congrats!!!

1 hour ago, icudoc84 said:

I am glad everyone is losing and staying on track! I am getting so many compliments at work about how good I look- lol.

I am down almost 50 lbs from surgery! Down to 178 lbs. I am off Metformin and my plantar fascitiis is almost gone. This was the best thing I ever did.

I am a little sad about not being able wearing any of the branded/ expensive clothes in my wardrobe. I am wearing the clothes I had when I was in medschool and residency.

Congrats!!!

So I've had my first bad experience on someone throwing the surgery in my face. A guy I knew got mad at me because he broke up our group of friends and tried blaming me and everyone else. Which it was him and his attitude is why people didnt want to be friends with him anymore. He started attacking my weight and told me if I stopped eating cake and just exercised I wouldn't need the surgery and to take accountability for my actions. It was kinda hurtful when someone uses something you confided in them with and then they try to use it as an insult. I didn't tell many people for this exact reason, but he went around and told everyone and even people that are acquaintances. I know stuff about him that would embarrass him, but I didn't stoop to that level because what's the point. The good thing is the people who now know are supportive and think he's a total ****** for the things he said. He just made himself look bad and pushed more people away. Ugh why do some people just suck!

On 09/23/2019 at 08:55, MeowAMR said:

So I've had my first bad experience on someone throwing the surgery in my face. A guy I knew got mad at me because he broke up our group of friends and tried blaming me and everyone else. Which it was him and his attitude is why people didnt want to be friends with him anymore. He started attacking my weight and told me if I stopped eating cake and just exercised I wouldn't need the surgery and to take accountability for my actions. It was kinda hurtful when someone uses something you confided in them with and then they try to use it as an insult. I didn't tell many people for this exact reason, but he went around and told everyone and even people that are acquaintances. I know stuff about him that would embarrass him, but I didn't stoop to that level because what's the point. The good thing is the people who now know are supportive and think he's a total ****** for the things he said. He just made himself look bad and pushed more people away. Ugh why do some people just suck!

The idea that this is some easy way out of obesity is laughably ridiculous to anyone familiar with the effort it takes to undergo this process successfully. That fact alone should give you the strength to blow off that guy. Sure, surgery gives you a limitation that provides a safety net but the work is yours. Sounds to me like this is a “friend” you don’t need in your life.