Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2019 Surgery Siblings Post-Op

On 08/13/2019 at 17:52, mlgooding11 said:

My doctor left small pieces of bandage tape on my scars and told me to let them fall off naturally. Did anyone else get that? If so, has yours fallen off yet? At what day? Mine seem to really be hanging on!
My NP took them off yesterday at my surgical follow up. (Surgeon on vacation) That was my day 13.

Hi all,
Today is my 2nd day back at work, I've had no issues. I'm still struggling to get my Water in daily. I'm doing Protein Shakes for breakfast and lunch and pureed Protein for dinner. I haven't lost any weight this week but from what I've learned it's common. I'll stay the course and wait it out. Being back at work means I get to go up 3 flights 6x a day. It's great excercise. I've been walking on breaks and lunch even though it's been miserably hot here in Tampa, FL. Hope all my surgery siblings are doing well

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19 265
CW 250
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

First pic is 2 days prior to surgery and the after pic is from today, small progress already and only 14 days out! SmartSelect_20190813-191804_FotoCollage.jpeg

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19 265
CW 250
GW 135

Hi guys,

Wanted to thank this group for keeping me company in this journey. I have been a silent spectator but the group helped keep me on track on my sleeve journey.

I got sleeved on 07/09. My starting weight was 226 lbs (HW of 231). As of today, I am 34 lbs down- and guess what- I am not OBESE anymore. I am finally wearing clothes that I have not touched in over 5 years from my closet (I am a hoarder lol). My waist size went from 42 to 34 cms.

I just wanted to thank the group for helping me through the first two weeks. Honestly they were the hardest. I had to do 4 consecutive night shifts in the ICU- I could barely stand (5:00 PM to 7:00 am), three days after my surgery. This was followed by a week of service (Monday to Sunday 6:00 am to 5:00 pm). There were times when I regretted it. The pain, the shoulder aches. Trying to smile through it all. This group helped me see that there was light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't entirely gone by the book. My busy schedule meant some modifications. I had to go for a recruitment dinner with faculty members and I might have started solids sooner (GULITY!!). I also had a craving for flan made by a dear friend- she thought I was sick- and I might have eaten a bit. It took me three weeks to meet my Water goal (I just cant drink the zero calorie drinks, I really throw up- finally drinking diet snapple and coconut water- its calories, but i am still under 600- and losing everyday), I also couldn't refuse chocolate cake that my best friend made for my birthday three weeks after my surgery- plz don't judge me and I am meeting my weight loss goals. I walk 7 miles everyday and have finally begun to jog. Despite all the slips, I am here.

Today at work, everyone commented on 'how good' I look. I havent told anybody I got surgery (I am sure people will figure out- its a hospital). But for now, I shall just enjoy myself.

Thanks for posting- and keep posting. Its a source of encouragement for the silent readers like myself.

I AM NOT OBESE ANYMORE- I just can't get over it. Three years of standing behind people for photos or flatly refusing to be photographed.

Thanks,

ICUDoc

Hi guys,
Wanted to thank this group for keeping me company in this journey. I have been a silent spectator but the group helped keep me on track on my sleeve journey.
I got sleeved on 07/09. My starting weight was 226 lbs (HW of 231). As of today, I am 34 lbs down- and guess what- I am not OBESE anymore. I am finally wearing clothes that I have not touched in over 5 years from my closet (I am a hoarder lol). My waist size went from 42 to 34 cms.
I just wanted to thank the group for helping me through the first two weeks. Honestly they were the hardest. I had to do 4 consecutive night shifts in the ICU- I could barely stand (5:00 PM to 7:00 am), three days after my surgery. This was followed by a week of service (Monday to Sunday 6:00 am to 5:00 pm). There were times when I regretted it. The pain, the shoulder aches. Trying to smile through it all. This group helped me see that there was light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't entirely gone by the book. My busy schedule meant some modifications. I had to go for a recruitment dinner with faculty members and I might have started solids sooner (GULITY!!). I also had a craving for flan made by a dear friend- she thought I was sick- and I might have eaten a bit. It took me three weeks to meet my Water goal (I just cant drink the zero calorie drinks, I really throw up- finally drinking diet snapple and coconut water- its calories, but i am still under 600- and losing everyday), I also couldn't refuse chocolate cake that my best friend made for my birthday three weeks after my surgery- plz don't judge me and I am meeting my weight loss goals. I walk 7 miles everyday and have finally begun to jog. Despite all the slips, I am here.
Today at work, everyone commented on 'how good' I look. I havent told anybody I got surgery (I am sure people will figure out- its a hospital). But for now, I shall just enjoy myself.
Thanks for posting- and keep posting. Its a source of encouragement for the silent readers like myself.
I AM NOT OBESE ANYMORE- I just can't get over it. Three years of standing behind people for photos or flatly refusing to be photographed.
Thanks,
ICUDoc
Congratulations!!!! Very inspiring!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 24 post-op and got cleared for all exercises at my first post-op visit! So excited to be going to Aqua Fit! Great class!!

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

My surgery was July 22. So far, so good. I have lost 39 lbs. I am stoked to be able to move the weight on the scale from the 250 mark to 200 - then use the smaller one.

50 lbs to ONE-derland!! YIPPEE!!

My surgery was 7/31 and I've lost 16 lbs. I'm at the week 3 stall. The scale has not moved this week. I have 3 Premier Protein shakes a day. I'm exercising an hour daily. I'm struggling to get my Water in daily. I'm averaging 33 oz./day. I cannot wait to start losing again.

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19 266
CW 250
GW 135

On 08/15/2019 at 18:26, Flo-grown said:

My surgery was 7/31 and I've lost 16 lbs. I'm at the week 3 stall. The scale has not moved this week. I have 3 Premier Protein shakes a day. I'm exercising an hour daily. I'm struggling to get my Water in daily. I'm averaging 33 oz./day. I cannot wait to start losing again.

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19 266
CW 250
GW 135

Mine was 7/30 and I’m at about the same weight loss... but more slow and steady. Also struggling with fluids... some late nights finishing that Water. Started back on soft foods today so I’m graduating from Protein Drinks. I did have one for Breakfast but then had about 1/4 of an avocado with about 1/3 a cup of spicy tuna tartare for a late lunch and so far so good!! It feels good to have real food. Hoping my digestive system agrees.

37 minutes ago, darcyjae said:

Mine was 7/30 and I’m at about the same weight loss... but more slow and steady. Also struggling with fluids... some late nights finishing that Water. Started back on soft foods today so I’m graduating from Protein Drinks. I did have one for Breakfast but then had about 1/4 of an avocado with about 1/3 a cup of spicy tuna tartare for a late lunch and so far so good!! It feels good to have real food. Hoping my digestive system agrees.

That is awesome that our surgeries are so close! My day starts at 4am, I can't drink late at nights or I'll be up and down all night in the potty. It's hard for me to drink slow, so sometimes I drink to much and it hurts.i have a Water app with reminders but I'm still too busy at work to take a sip.

I'm eating soft foods but after 2 or 3 bites and I'm done, anything more becomes painful. The shakes go down so much easier. I expected to lose more than the 16 lbs. But I'm pleased so far 😁. I really love having everyone's support on here!! I love hearing everyone's journey.

3 hours ago, Flo-grown said:

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19 266
CW 250
GW 135

I did hear that not getting the Water (to stay hydrated) and working out (which puts off more of your water) will cause stall (my NUT). I also am there (and gained a lb at my 1st surgery post-op).. I am going to keep going! You too!

Got admitted to hospital tonight. They are running CT scans tomorrow. I just finally got off last 'water weight gain' from last week's IV treatments. I just really need to STAY off the scale when this happens

1 minute ago, KarenLR75 said:

Got admitted to hospital tonight. They are running CT scans tomorrow. I just finally got off last 'water weight gain' from last week's IV treatments. I just really need to STAY off the scale when this happens

Good luck tomorrow!

1 minute ago, Goldn02Grl said:

Good luck tomorrow

Thank you, Goldn02Grl!