Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2019 Surgery Siblings Post-Op

I’ve never heard of stapling the stomach to ribs either... I haven’t experienced much pulling or burning internally or at incisions (except when I poke at them to see if they are healing). I have more pain from gas or also in my IV vein at this point. (I think I may have that superficial thrombosis thing, but that’s mild pain, too.)

Are you engaging your core strenuously, like in exercises? Or just things like sitting up or reaching?

I’m just sitting up and stretching when I feel the burn. My surgeon says he anchors the stomach to one of the ribs for some reason. Maybe to keep it from twisting while it’s healing. I know he almost didn’t do the surgery because my liver was so huge and he had trouble getting to my stomach. Right now I’m using a gastric band support belt and it’s helping a lot.

Huh. Well that sounds very uncomfortable. I hope it alleviates for you, soon!!

Question! I just started week three and I was able to eat a starkist pouch of tuna and two small crackers! I never had the full feeling. I don’t understand how I was able to eat that much!! Can you guys all eat that?

We had our 1 month post op weigh in Friday. Before we had this surgery we made a pact that if we were spending all the money to do this we were DOING IT “like a boss”. Following the plan, working the program, working our asses off in the gym, and leaning on each other for support when we need it. When one feels too tired to work out or too lazy to meal prep properly the other pulls them back. We push each other every day and I can’t imagine having gone through this alone without that support.

Surgery Day 7/9/19 - 340 & 290 lbs

Friday 8/9/19 - 271 & 241 lbs

Total loss since surgery- 68 & 49 lbs

2 hours ago, 12345shs16 said:

Question! I just started week three and I was able to eat a starkist pouch of tuna and two small crackers! I never had the full feeling. I don’t understand how I was able to eat that much!! Can you guys all eat that?

No I’m able to get in two maybe three bites of something before I get the hiccup that tells me to STOP or else ... the else being that terribly uncomfortable fullness if you go for another bite.

We had our 1 month post op weigh in Friday. Before we had this surgery we made a pact that if we were spending all the money to do this we were DOING IT “like a boss”. Following the plan, working the program, working our asses off in the gym, and leaning on each other for support when we need it. When one feels too tired to work out or too lazy to meal prep properly the other pulls them back. We push each other every day and I can’t imagine having gone through this alone without that support.

Wow!!!!!!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 3wks out and can eat this whole package, but its only 2.6oz of Tuna. I can eat between 2.5-3oz of food at a time. It satisfies my hungry, but it doesn't leave me feeling full. There is a difference between the full feeling we use to have and the full pouch pain that tells you to stop you're at max capacity. I try to eat until satisfied and not the pouch pain that tells me to stop. I'm now eating between 500-600 calories that includes Protein Shakes and Protein Bars as Snacks. 1565558433672.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 08/11/2019 at 17:25, MeowAMR said:

I'm 3wks out and can eat this whole package, but its only 2.6oz of tuna. I can eat between 2.5-3oz of food at a time. It satisfies my hungry, but it doesn't leave me feeling full. There is a difference between the full feeling we use to have and the full pouch pain that tells you to stop you're at max capacity. I try to eat until satisfied and not the pouch pain that tells me to stop. I'm now eating between 500-600 calories that includes Protein Shakes and Protein Bars as Snacks. 1565558433672.jpeg

What does pouch fullness feel like?

34 minutes ago, 12345shs16 said:
3 hours ago, MeowAMR said:

I'm 3wks out and can eat this whole package, but its only 2.6oz of tuna. I can eat between 2.5-3oz of food at a time. It satisfies my hungry, but it doesn't leave me feeling full. There is a difference between the full feeling we use to have and the full pouch pain that tells you to stop you're at max capacity. I try to eat until satisfied and not the pouch pain that tells me to stop. I'm now eating between 500-600 calories that includes Protein Shakes and Protein Bars as Snacks. 1565558433672.jpeg

What does pouch fullness feel like?

It hurts... its like a pain just below between your ribs where your stomach sits. Its painful you'd know if you got it cause its like ouch!! ok I don't wanna swallow anymore food. I asked my doc about it and he said that's exactly what it is that I am at pouch capacity

I keep meaning to tell yall! These are DELICIOUS! I got them from target and I was impressed by the taste. Normally Protein bars taste like protein and gritty. Not really sure what Birthday cake is suppose to taste like but they remind me of girl scout Samoas because its a coconut taste (I love coconut) to them. They are super soft! Seriously! I feel like I'm eating a cookie/dessert. 20g Protein and 1g sugar... cant get any better then that! 20190811_200603.jpeg

I keep meaning to tell yall! These are DELICIOUS! I got them from target and I was impressed by the taste. Normally Protein Bars taste like Protein and gritty. Not really sure what Birthday cake is suppose to taste like but they remind me of girl scout Samoas because its a coconut taste (I love coconut) to them. They are super soft! Seriously! I feel like I'm eating a cookie/dessert. 20g Protein and 1g sugar... cant get any better then that! 20190811_200603.thumb.jpeg.4a67dcf9a4f65ccd38100a1f1855b627.jpeg

These are great! I bought the variety pack off Amazon. I love all of the flavors. They have one that taste like an almond joy bar and a maple donut flavor [emoji4]

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19 265
CW 250
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m just sitting up and stretching when I feel the burn. My surgeon says he anchors the stomach to one of the ribs for some reason. Maybe to keep it from twisting while it’s healing. I know he almost didn’t do the surgery because my liver was so huge and he had trouble getting to my stomach. Right now I’m using a gastric band support belt and it’s helping a lot.
My doctor told me that if I did not follow the liver shrinking diet to a T, he would have to move my liver out of the way to get to my stomach which would result in additional pain. I followed his instructions and did not have any extra pain aside from the large incision where my stomach was removed. He said that incision has the most stitches to prevent a hernia, thus the pain when moving/stretching/walking. When they did the leak test, it did not show my stomach attached to my rib [emoji119].

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19 265
CW 250
GW 135

That is awesome!! You guys are Bosses!! [emoji123][emoji106]

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19 265
CW 250
GW 135

I’m Day 16 post op. 25lb down. I also started body contour massages and I’m wearing a girdle similar to those used post plastic surgery to avoid sagging skin as much as I can. Still struggling with my daily goal of 60gr of Protein.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image0.0.jpg