Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2019 Surgery Siblings Post-Op

6 hours ago, NancyLF said:

go in every 2 weeks or so (started a month before surgery) and get s B12 shot & an IV of nutrients, mineral, etc. (potassium, magnesium

Wow, that's pretty cool in that you get everything for sure 'topped off'. That would be rough for me to schedule as my job skips time zones all over the world so some nights I'm working until 4 AM with one part of the world and others I'm back to trying to get up in the AM to pull a long stretch. Have to deal with a lot of shift work disorder so the less 'daytime' appts I have, the better.

Interestingly I saw that my doc was going to prescribe me some sort of B12 to take but I thought it would be some type of sublingual pill. Turns out it is a once a week nasal spray. I'm glad I read the directions on the label or I would have been possibly doing it every day. Don't know what an overdose of B12 would be like but I'm sure it's not good.

3 hours ago, NancyLF said:

I can’t move as much as I’d like, either. For you, it’s your knee- for me, it’s my hip. As soon as I get some more of this weight off, I’ll be getting a hip replacement!

I remember that now. Yep, I have to get my BMI down in order to replace the entire knee. LOL, maybe will be ortho surgery siblings too! ;)

Almost 2 weeks since sleeve, my weight has been stuck for 3 days now. How can it not move when I am only getting 400 cal. a day?

New_Me 2019

14 days post-op and I’m smiling! Was NOT looking forward to the purée phase, BUT..got my little 4 oz cup from Walmart (the devil) and found this recipe for Italian chicken Purée..of course, I cooked my sauce with some seasoning

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

14 days post-op and I’m smiling! Was NOT looking forward to the purée phase, BUT..got my little 4 oz cup from Walmart (the devil) and found this recipe for Italian chicken Purée..of course, I cooked my sauce with some seasoning

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

1 hour ago, New_Me2019 said:

Almost 2 weeks since sleeve, my weight has been stuck for 3 days now. How can it not move when I am only getting 400 cal. a day?

New_Me 2019

We all stall a few days around that point. Stick to it and it starts moving again

I’m day two post-op and struggling. Everything hurts. It gets better right? I gained 5 pounds in the hospital on IV fluids, so that is a little frustrating also. I expected this to be hard, but not this hard...
Question for you all! I have no trouble drinking the Protein Shakes or any Water. I haven’t experienced the fullness feeling yet! I’m a bit concerned that something is wrong! Nervous to move on to week 2 Foods soon when I’m not feeling any fullness...
I am right there with you. I am 4 days out, no issues with water or liquids, I just need to slow down when i drink them. No nausea. No hunger- I woke up 2day wanting a shake, but because it tastes different than water-I see that as more mental hunger. I don't know what full is- however I get these small burps so mayb that is what is telling me? I'm still having lots of pain from my large incision sight, but only when I'm moving around.I am having a hard time with bending over to pick something up. How did you handle this? Thanks for your time, glad to have made it to the Losers bench

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

New_Me 2019

Your body is entering starvation mode.. once it recognises that you are on a low calorie diet and it able to run on the 400 cal.. you will see the pounds drop off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

We all stall a few days around that point. Stick to it and it starts moving again
I hope so. Have only lost 7 lbs in 12 days. Just trusting it will come off. I have been increasing my activity, going school supply shopping, buying groceries, etc. I am tender today and moving a bit slow.

New_Me 2019

Today I am 5 days post OP. I'm still sore at my largest incision site. Gatorade zero still burns going down. Protein Water doesn't hurt going down. Still feeling bloated. Walking isnt too bad, as long as I take my time and support my incision. Haven't had any hunger pains. I'm down 8 lbs. Slept in my bed for the first time lastnight. Taking it day by day, I have no regrets, I'm grateful. Cannot wait to see what my future holds for me!

Starting weight 297
VSG 7/31/19 -265
CW 257
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

14 days post-op and I’m smiling! Was NOT looking forward to the purée phase, BUT..got my little 4 oz cup from Walmart (the devil) and found this recipe for Italian chicken Purée..of course, I cooked my sauce with some seasoning image-0.00500679016113281.thumb.jpg.a2055a452f2c2dee59ecd17a5c6edf0c.jpg
What kind of food processor do u use?

9 hours ago, Goldn02Grl said:

got my little 4 oz cup from Walmart (the devil) and found this recipe for Italian chicken Purée..of course, I cooked my sauce with some seasoning

Oh my gosh...that looks HEAVENLY!!!!

4 hours ago, New_Me2019 said:

I hope so. Have only lost 7 lbs in 12 days. Just trusting it will come off. I have been increasing my activity, going school supply shopping, buying groceries, etc. I am tender today and moving a bit slow.

You may have seen my posts about my..what I felt to be lagging weight loss. I think your surgery was within a day or 2 of mine on 7/25? After being a bit depressed about that my husband asked me to go to a Dillard's Outlet to help him find some pants at a good price. My first thought is oh my Lord..it is hot...I don't want to go anywhere NEAR a mall...(but as well all know Dillard's is usually an anchor store so I didn't literally have to go into 'said mall').

Against all my hesitancy I went. There were some dicey moments...I had been up so much and taken so many steps outside of long loops at the hospital which were finished off immediately by sitting in the chair in my hospital room or getting back into uncomfortable hospital bed.

I learned some important things even though I have NOT been able to walk much at all with my torn up knee, I actually seemed to have lost enough weight (from the START of my journey 15 months ago, not in POST OP loss)...that my knees were NOT in excruciating pain. I did have moments where are standing so still looking through hundreds of pairs of pants that I had to grasp the 'end caps' as I had several dizzy spells but they passed. I had some clear Premier Protein with me that I nursed off of.

I got back and I felt better for having gently pushed my boundaries. The next day, I dropped a bit more weight. We shake our body up and it starts letting us lose. Then it plays 'survival mode' and gives us a stall....it will be a cat and mouse game but sometimes I've seen people who lose a lot of weight in the first 2 or 3 weeks having to contend with some rough stalls..and I wonder if the ppl who lose weight a bit more slowly...do they seem to have less stall..stalls of smaller durations, or ??

My Dr's office emailed a reply when I asked them to look at what my intake was as I was concerned about slow weight loss..and honestly...I have never heard this before but I will post what they said (they do hundreds of these WLS's each month): You are in what we call "survival mode" right now, everything you take in your body is storing to properly heal you. We do not begin to see the rapid weight loss until you are fully healed at 6 weeks. The weight gain is from Fluid retention due to the amount of iv fluids you received in the hospital this typically takes 2 weeks to go away. Just continue to focus on sipping hydrating fluids and alternating Protein Shakes in between.

Not sure about the 'rapid loss not occuring until I'm fully healed at 6 weeks but if it picks up the pace, then great!

14 days post-op and I’m smiling! Was NOT looking forward to the purée phase, BUT..got my little 4 oz cup from Walmart (the devil) and found this recipe for Italian chicken Purée..of course, I cooked my sauce with some seasoning image-0.00202655792236328.thumb.jpg.d478df2b97b157f97008cad44157dfd4.jpg
Are you able to eat the full 4oz? On Tuesday Ill be 14days out. I'm still eating 2oz at a time. Today I was able to eat a full egg instead of 3/4 of the egg. I ate my 2oz today and felt hungry still. I wasn't sure if I should up it an oz.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

9 hours ago, demayome said:

What kind of food processor do u use?

I have a Blendtec blender (was not the best choice, but all I had). I actually put more chicken and Tomato sauce than I could actually eat and then spooned out the 4 oz. I cooked my sauce with seasonings, but didn't warm up the canned chicken.