Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2019 Surgery Siblings Post-Op

5 hours ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

Per our program On liquids we are to get 200-300cal and once we move to purées next week it’s 500 calories.

WOW, that is LOW! I guess since I'm not post-op..well, when I think about how much you are likely able to 'get down'....that calorie amount is probably spot on!

1 hour ago, New_Me2019 said:

Surgery is Tuesday and I am ready to get this show on the road.

I hear you! I'm on Thursday...

5 minutes ago, KarenLR75 said:

WOW, that is LOW! I guess since I'm not post-op..well, when I think about how much you are likely able to 'get down'....that calorie amount is probably spot on!

Yeah you can take in so little they it’s really not any effort to stay so low. It’s hard to think of how I’ll reach 500. Far cry from the pre-op me 😂

Edited by Mom_of_Chaos

4 days post op conversion from VSG to RNY. Minimal pain but tons of swelling. I was up and walking within hours of surgery. Hospital stay was 2 nights. Feeling pretty good. Drinking well, no hunger again. No complaints.

Had my sleeve done Monday only was supposed to stay one night blood pressure shot way high couldn’t get it under control 205/108. Kept me an additional day. Discharged with a blood pressure of 180/95. Pain was a 3 out of ten by Tuesday. At home Thursday blood sugar (prediabetic) kept dipping. Called my practice they told me to sip some juice and scheduled me to come in today Juice cleared up blood sugar issues. Blood pressure today was still high so starting some blood pressure meds till I get more weight off. Weighing in today was down 13lb from surgery day. Still having issues remembering to sip not gulp and not getting 60 Protein but Water I am good with. Walking not a problem except for the heat. Moved on to full liquid with surgeons blessing.

On 07/13/2019 at 23:40, DianaP said:

I'm 12 days post op. Feeling really good, walking a good bit, hitting my Protein goals every day, but still trying to get more fluids. Can't seem to get more than 50 ounces. I'm only 5 pounds down from surgery day; that seems low to me, especially now that I'm seeing other people's numbers. I know the weight will come off, and we've just barely started, but isn't it supposed to be jump started now during the liquid and puree stage? I've just been on liquids (purees start on Monday for me) and following things pretty precisely. Anyone else not lose very much yet?

I’m on day 17 and I haven’t lost weight for a week now. I’m 12 pounds down now but I’m getting a little depressed that I haven’t seen a change in a week.

I had my surgery yesterday! I feel fine. It’s 6am & @ 8, they’ll take me for an x-ray to check for leaks. If all is OK, I’ll be homeward bound! Then the work begins!
Gas hasn’t been an issue. A few little burps that’s all. I measure burps by what would delight a 9yr old boy. The bigger & louder- the better! They would have been disappointed with mine! LOL!!
I’m a bit sore at the incision sites, but not real pain. I’m looking forward to getting on my new road to a better, healthier lifestyle!

I’m day two post-op and struggling. Everything hurts. It gets better right? I gained 5 pounds in the hospital on IV fluids, so that is a little frustrating also. I expected this to be hard, but not this hard...

On 07/24/2019 at 03:09, gch81kb said:

I’m day two post-op and struggling. Everything hurts. It gets better right? I gained 5 pounds in the hospital on IV fluids, so that is a little frustrating also. I expected this to be hard, but not this hard...
It gets better!! Hang in there!!!

My VGS was done on Monday. I'm not as sore today as I was yesterday. 2 days out -- there's HOPE!

Hi Everyone!! I’m feeling a bit flustered. I had my RNY GB on July 17 and so far the scale hasn’t moved. I’ve been following all of my Drs. orders and getting my Water, Protein and steps in. I have called my dietician and she said it is still too soon to see any difference. Has anyone else had this situation or words of encouragement? Other than having 5 little incisions I feel no different. Thank you in advance 😊

Stick to your program, keep your head up, the scale will start to move!

How’s everyone doing ? Kicking butt I’m sure!!

Hubz and I are 18 days out he’s lost 42lbs and I’ve lost 31 lbs. We had our post op a couple Day’s ago and our Dr said we are ahead of schedule and to keep up the great work ! We are working the program and walking. We are very competitive so that helps to keep us on track but it also means although I’m happy for him and know men lose faster but I do feel slightly salty when we weigh in 😂. The swelling is starting to go down and show a little more in our abdomens but You can tell the most in our faces.

Hope to hear some updates from y’all too soon!

I cannot believe how long it takes to drink my Protein Shake.< br>
New_Me 2019

I’m 2 days post bypass. In pain at my incision sites and still dealing with all the gas. Waiting to “turn the corner” into feeling better!