Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had Emergency Surgery Just Now

Update today: 7.16.19

I weighed in at 135.8lbs. Morning of surgery I was 133lbs and went up to my highest weight after surgery (from D5LR IV) was 141lbs.

Obscenely relieved to see the scale going in the right direction!!!

Obsessed much?

8 hours ago, Jezzabelle360 said:

Holy crap!!!! I'm glad in the end it went well!!!! I'll. be praying for you!!!

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using BariatricPal mobile app

It's all good. Just a small hiccup, that I probably went Drama Llama on. :) Ha! It happens!

Oh, and back to 133.4lbs this morning. What a difference a week makes, right? Am I right? And I "ralked" (ran-walked at 3mph) this morning for 30 minutes.

Edited by FluffyChix

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but glad your surgeon fixed it quickly.

It may have happened to you whether you'd had a VSG or not. Imagine how much more difficult your recovery would be if you were still obese!

Sending you positive healing vibes through the ether. 😉🙂

1 minute ago, looly said:

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but glad your surgeon fixed it quickly.

It may have happened to you whether you'd had a VSG or not. Imagine how much more difficult your recovery would be if you were still obese!

Sending you positive healing vibes through the ether. 😉🙂

Yes! Absolutely!!!! TY for that thought!

Fluff - glad you are almost back to your smart (azz) self!!!

19 minutes ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Fluff - glad you are almost back to your smart (azz) self!!!

Well, I'm back to my low weight! Am 133.4lbs this morning. :D But my azz may always be big (relatively) and my tum is still puffy and swollen, so I'm thinking I may have 3-4lbs of extra weight on me right now. :D Waiting breathlessly and impatiently for this to happen. :) (Even so, I kinda feel like I cheated on the final leg of the weight loss.) Cuz hells, a blind squirrel can find a nut now and then and that's kinda how I think of this surgery. I found a blind nut. Coulda been bad, but turned into a boon to keep my yap shut and not eating!

((Note to @Sosewsue61 *snort* I read this as "Glad you are almost back to you SMALL azz self." and all I can add is that reading comprehension is a highly underrated skill. ;) The struggle is real. LOLOLOLOL!)

Edited by FluffyChix

Oh my! So glad you are okay! Love that you have such a positive outlook and looking forward! Thank you for giving the 3 percent info also, very helpful to us getting ready to have surgery. Continued positive vibes for you to reach that goal and rock the beach!!!

Wow just saw your post and glad your back on the mend. Hope you feel better soon!

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

How are you doing @FluffyChix?

TY sweetie for asking! How R you doing????!!!!! You are a rockstar handling recovery so well!!!

How I’m doing is great and maybe not so much lol. I’ll start with the great part? I’m down to a new low of 131.6 this morning.

Notsogreat is that it almost certainly won’t stick the landing cuz l got here by “foul” means lol. Apparently SOMEONES prayers to the Poo Fairy in this ESTABLISHMENT were too fervent and it’s backfired cuz I can’t turn the spigot off and nothin is stayin put. So it’s dehydration weight loss. 😏😲🥴

Did some tests yesterday and have “homework” to turn in Monday and we’ll know if it’s serious or not next week.

Meanwhile I’m back here hangin with potassium pills and Kaopectate. 🍾🎉🥳 hoping I’m not in a beginning stage of a little infection . My temp is starting to come up a little.

Edited by FluffyChix

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

How I’m doing is great and maybe not so much lol. I’ll start with the great part? I’m down to a new low of 131.6 this morning.

Notsogreat is that it almost certainly won’t stick the landing cuz l got here by “foul” means lol. Apparently SOMEONES prayers to the Poo Fairy in this ESTABLISHMENT were too fervent and it’s backfired cuz I can’t turn the spigot off and nothin is stayin put. So it’s dehydration weight loss. 😏😲🥴

Did some tests yesterday and have “homework” to turn in Monday and we’ll know if it’s serious or not next week.

Meanwhile I’m back here hangin with potassium pills and Kaopectate. 🍾🎉🥳 hoping I’m not in a beginning stage of a little infection . My temp is starting to come up a little.

Get well soon and sad to say it but... Maybe try to eat binding foods

banana, oats, sproated grain toast ...

10 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Get well soon and sad to say it but... Maybe try to eat binding foods

banana, oats, sproated grain toast ...

Yes! It’s really nbd!! Lol but you should see the shopping list: rice, Idaho potato, bananas , apples, sourdough bread, lololol! That’s why I don’t see the 131 “sticking” hahaha!! (But I was extremely grateful to the Poo Fairy for sparing me from the whole RB post surgery experience! 😘