Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 8/4/2020 at 4:32 PM, GreenTealael said:

🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

1(+) year post op check in:

I was revised from VSG to RNY on July 15, 2019. My weight at the time of that surgery was 157 lbs. A finally was able to complete my 1 yr follow up visit with my team today. My current weight is 160 (really 159 but who cares 😂)

When my Surgeon brought up my weight got a little nervous. I immediately panicked a little hoping he was not disappointed that I gained a few lbs.

In fact, he was ecstatic. He reminded me that he did not want me to lose weight from the surgery, I was at my goal weight already and he purposefully made my bypass a length that would keep me relatively stable (sometimes I forget what the goal was while scale gazing) When I was in the 140s he wanted me to carefully watch out for too much loss. I fixed that problem 😂

Saying this to remind anyone who maybe going for a revision for further weight loss purposes to confirm the length of the bypass your Surgeon will perform. My bypass is 130, and my Surgeon usually starts Virgin bypass surgeries at 150 and I think that a relatively standard starting length.

All issues that existed with the VSG have been resolved and I haven't taken GERD meds in a year, HalleluYah ! Super happy with that outcome. Everything my Surgeon set out to correct was accomplished.

Good Luck everyone considering revisions ❤

Congrats on being GERD free and being happy .

I dont know what the length stuff means but I did ask my surgeon to make it so I would not have as many issues with Vitamin deficiencies . ( I am guessing that is what you are referring to) After surgery was completed at some point in the hospital he did let me know that he didnt bypass as much of the small intestines. I guess you have to have a longer limb or something like that? Have you had blood work to confirm everything is okay ? What Vitamins do you take? I have a friend who also had less intestines taken and she had issues with her bloodwork the 2nd time she went in.

I got one because I had a hernia that gave me GERD I went to my surgeon and he agreed after testing it. I am presently in the hospital recuperating and was told by him that my hernia was a lot mire damaged then originally thought and he was glad we got it fixed and got the revision

44 minutes ago, ladyJ2198 said:

Why does on get a revision

Multiple reasons but if you go to the first post in this thread my reason is there

Thanks so much for sharing and following up after a year. Your posts have really helped to calm my nervous feelings about my upcoming surgery. I had the sleeve in 2011 and now have multiple problems that can only be resolved by having the bypass.

7 hours ago, MamT said:

Thanks so much for sharing and following up after a year. Your posts have really helped to calm my nervous feelings about my upcoming surgery. I had the sleeve in 2011 and now have multiple problems that can only be resolved by having the bypass.

You're most welcomed! Glad it helped ♥️

On 8/6/2020 at 11:55 AM, Tracyringo said:

Congrats on being GERD free and being happy .

I dont know what the length stuff means but I did ask my surgeon to make it so I would not have as many issues with Vitamin deficiencies . ( I am guessing that is what you are referring to) After surgery was completed at some point in the hospital he did let me know that he didnt bypass as much of the small intestines. I guess you have to have a longer limb or something like that? Have you had blood work to confirm everything is okay ? What Vitamins do you take? I have a friend who also had less intestines taken and she had issues with her bloodwork the 2nd time she went in.

Thanks ♥️

I just received my lab work and the only concern was that my Iron (& ferritin) is low but I'm anemic and that's the usual for me.

I am not in the healthcare field so it takes me a little while to sort through the meaning of the figures but everything seems to be fine. I will update this thread once it's clearer

I used a variety of brands to try and find the "one" but I mostly just use whatever types I have on hand. Lately it's Deva vegan multivitamins and Procare bariatric chewables . I have not taken them consistently for about 2 months now because of plastics (some Vitamins can make bleeding heavier) so honestly I now take either one when I remember

15968918950254269557871213931319.jpg

On 8/6/2020 at 3:59 PM, carlacv said:

I got one because I had a hernia that gave me GERD I went to my surgeon and he agreed after testing it. I am presently in the hospital recuperating and was told by him that my hernia was a lot mire damaged then originally thought and he was glad we got it fixed and got the revision

How are you doing so far after the revision? Any reflux or heartburn? I just got all of my tests results back and definitely need to have the revision due to severe GERD, hiatal hernia, and really bad esophagitis. I am very nervous because I feel like nothing will ever get rid of my heartburn. I guess I’ve had the hiatal hernia and heartburn for so long that I don’t know what it’s like not to suffer from it.

I had the gastric sleeve July 15 2019. I only lost 52 lbs and have gain 20lbs back. I had IBS real bad. After the surgery that issue is gone.The sleeve surgery did not work for me. My appetite has increased. Question wonder if I need a revision for bypass. Just wanting your thoughts.

I had the gastric sleeve July 15 2019. I only lost 52 lbs and have gain 20lbs back. I had IBS real bad. After the surgery that issue is gone.The sleeve surgery did not work for me. My appetite has increased. Question wonder if I need a revision for bypass. Just wanting your thoughts.

I had a revision to bypass. Lost weight but dialted my stomach which caused me to eat regular meals as with my same stomach. Got my revision today. Feels great and hoping to see great results. Best of luck. But highly recommending you to get a revision.

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

6 hours ago, vdbarbie said:

I don't know if a revision (of any kind) will help or further complicate IBS, (I didn't experience it and have no input, apologies) but you definitely need to see your Surgeon/Team and ask for diagnostic testing. They are the gatekeepers and truthfully only your Surgeon can move the process forward.

IMHO: While you are waiting, take a critical look at your diet and log everything. This can help pinpoint what if anything is the inflammatory culprit or caloric overload. That's something you can start immediately to see if you experience any positive change.

7 hours ago, vdbarbie said:

Well I’m definitely no expert on this but I’ve always had IBS among other stomach issues. I did a lot of food tracking and sensitivity tests to see what foods were my triggers. I found out that milk and whey are my biggest triggers so if I completely take those out of my diet it really helps. I had the sleeve in 2011 and lost 80 pounds but have only kept 25 pounds off. I NEVER planned on going to go through with another weight loss surgery unless I became totally miserable with myself or something. I workout daily and try to eat right but don’t eat like I should. I’m scared to death to have the revision and I’m TRULY NOT doing it for weight loss although I do hope that I lose weight.
I believe that people should do EVERYTHING possible to lose the weight and change their lifestyle before going through any major surgery because in truth the surgery is just a tool. You have to have the right mindset to change your lifestyle. I have gone and still go to organized meetings to help me with my food addiction. I hope this helps....you can PM me if you’d like.