Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 7/30/2019 at 8:06 AM, Elaine C said:

You’re doing wonderfully well! I don’t under-you’re two weeks post-op and you e lost 75 pounds?

Yes I am 2 weeks post op

But

No I lost 95lbs prior to my revision. I had no regain or weight left to lose. I had a successful VSG surgery in 2017

1 hour ago, WOLVESFAN1 said:

Congratulations on your successful revision!

I'm in the situation that you were in I had the Lap Band in 2005 and due to throwing up, it was removed several months later. In 2006 I went to Mexico and had the Gastric Sleeve. I have lost over 100 pounds and I've kept it off. My problem started almost 2 years ago. I started throwing up undigested food.

I went to a US surgeon and was told I had a large hernia and it was causing a large portion of my stomach to push into my chest cavity. Long story short, the hernia was repaired and the doctor thought that would correct the reflux. Well it hasn't. After having more test ran he has determined that I now have spontaneous reflux. I'm actually dropping more weight due to the spontaneous reflux.

My doctor said that usually if you have problems throwing up with the lap band, you will with the sleeve. He said my sleeve has some angulation. He has recommended the conversion to an RNY in order to sustain life.

Unfortunately, my insurance is not wanting to cover. I will be eligible for Medicare in December and will limp along until then. Medicare will cover the revision.

Thanks for your updates on your revision. I'm extremely nervous about having the RNY, but have no choice.

BTW, you look awesome in your pictures. Keep up the great work!

Good Luck 💜

I was nervous too but it went very smoothly

Well Well Well...

This afternoon I tried to advance my diet according to plan and my body was not having it. I will stick to my current diet a bit longer. Perfect reminder that life after WLS doesn't always go by the book.

Also after initial bloodwork (1 week post op) I was prescribed b1 (thiamine) to correct deficiency. I've had this and other deficiencies for a while, even prior to VSG so treatment is ongoing)

Doing very well otherwise 💜

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔 Updates 🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

24 days post op & doing pretty well. Lots of Vitamins in my routine. I also realized that i need to open my PPI and swallow the beads as opposed to taking the capsule whole otherwise I get strong reflux like symptoms late in the evening.

I don't think it GERD returning but post op I was placed on the PPI for 3 additional months to calm things down the evaluate. Also figuring out my new food intolerances and so far just heavy cream based Soups (will not try again)

As far a diet i am progressing on schedule but I have had Beans and tubers which is not on my NUT plan.

She failed to take into consideration:

1. I'm already at goal (she wanted me to eat pure Protein nothing else 😒)

2. I have prior protein intolerances so they need to be rotated in/out or I get constipation/aversion

3. She hasn't dealt with a revision patient that was already at goal, didn't have regain

So I kindly injected the food in the appropriate stages that I remembered from VSG 😂 (yup I still have my packet almost 2 yrs later)

TMI TIME

*squeamish please exit stage left*

At one point last week I experienced terrible Constipation from eating only/too much protein and called my team to confirm the plan. I was told to increase the stool softener and laxative until it resolved. If that didn't work I could use MOM or an enema. I had to use all of them to fix it 😭. But it worked and I have been regular ever since

This week was much better, likely from the natural fiber balancing out the protein plus increased SS/L, however today...diarrhea. No good reason except my cycle is approaching. Oh Joy.

This has reduced my weight to 150lbs. I just need to make certain this isnt a stomach flu or lasting thing as I have a Wedding next week

But so far so good 💜

Where do you fit lots of Fiber in? This has been a struggle for me. Glad you are mending and systems are working

This thread has been very helpful to me. Thank you for that. I go to see my surgeon this week for my pre op appt and will ask him then but, I am wondering. Do you have to take a lot more Vitamins since the revision? When you say you are at 150, where were you pre revision? Just curious.

I will admit that a revision to bypass scares me. I am not so sure that I won’t end up backing out,

i really haven’t had many issues with the Vsg and worry that a revision may be pushing my luck.

5 hours ago, Losingit2018 said:

This thread has been very helpful to me. Thank you for that. I go to see my surgeon this week for my pre op appt and will ask him then but, I am wondering. Do you have to take a lot more Vitamins since the revision? When you say you are at 150, where were you pre revision? Just curious.

They may request stronger or more frequent Vitamin use but I take the same amount of Vitamins as with VSG. There are plenty of one a day options sold in the BariatricPal Store. Once my current vitamins are finished then I'm getting some that I sampled.

I was serious about taking all of the vitamins back then because i was deficient in a few things before VSG so it became a routine. Vitamin time for me is vitamin time for everyone.

I will need to have labs drawn to determine my current levels and adjust from there. I will report on it in about 3 weeks.

I was my goal weight ~155lbs prior to revision.

5 hours ago, Losingit2018 said:

I will admit that a revision to bypass scares me. I am not so sure that I won’t end up backing out,

i really haven’t had many issues with the Vsg and worry that a revision may be pushing my luck.

What issues are you having & what is the reason for your revision?

Edited by GreenTealael

My issues are gerd. I had the acid test and my levels were off the charts.

I also lost 3 people in my family within the first year after surgery. I did not stick to pkan and I only lost half of my weight. I am hoping that the revision will help me to get the rest of my weight off as I will hopefully be able to stick to plan this time around.

i take one s day bypass and sleeve optimized chewable plus chewable calcium citrate now that I like very much. I thought that bypass patients normally needed to take more Vitamins than sleepers going by memory

Edited by Losingit2018

1 hour ago, Losingit2018 said:

My issues are gerd. I had the acid test and my levels were off the charts.

I also lost 3 people in my family within the first year after surgery. I did not stick to pkan and I only lost half of my weight. I am hoping that the revision will help me to get the rest of my weight off as I will hopefully be able to stick to plan this time around.

i take one s day bypass and sleeve optimized chewable plus chewable calcium citrate now that I like very much. I thought that bypass patients normally needed to take more Vitamins than sleepers going by memory

I don't know about more Vitamins I take the same amount as before.

I hope you are able to get GERD under control as well 💜

🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒🕒

One month SURGIVERSARY (31 days since surgery)

Doing well no complaints/complications. I have tried to advance my diet to some of the firm Proteins recommended but my body isnt ready (vomiting& foamies) I had the same problem with VSG so I'll be patient and wait to see what the future holds.

Still hovering around 148-150 (haven't weighed in a while, away from home)

I haven't heard the plumbing (gurgling from stricture/torsion/reflux) since surgery so I think it's fully resolved! Super satisfied by my Surgeon's skill and patience in removal of scar tissue and clips during the revision. I think it helped expedite my recovery.

✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊

Yay! Congrats and what an awesome report! Score!!!

[emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298][emoji298]
[emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790][emoji790]
One month SURGIVERSARY (31 days since surgery)
Doing well no complaints/complications. I have tried to advance my diet to some of the firm Proteins recommended but my body isnt ready (vomiting& foamies) I had the same problem with VSG so I'll be patient and wait to see what the future holds.
Still hovering around 148-150 (haven't weighed in a while, away from home)
I haven't heard the plumbing (gurgling from stricture/torsion/reflux) since surgery so I think it's fully resolved! Super satisfied by my Surgeon's skill and patience in removal of scar tissue and clips during the revision. I think it helped expedite my recovery.
[emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818][emoji818]
[emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323][emoji323]
Congratulations!!! Very happy for you! You deserve a fantastic recovery such as this!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app