Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 1 at home:

Working on fluids all day long. Gotta practice what I preach.

But also I notice these photos were exactly one year apart both post op and maybe 10 lbs apart... I'm wearing the same shirt!

Screenshot_2019-07-15-04-56-16~2.png

20190713_160618.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

Did you have to do the same pre op diet for your revision? I know that it varies widely from dr to dr but I am curious

7 hours ago, Losingit2018 said:

Did you have to do the same pre op diet for your revision? I know that it varies widely from dr to dr but I am curious

My original surgeon did not require one but I did it for 5 days prior to surgery because I was nervous/anxious.

The new surgeon required a 2 week pre op diet of 2 shakes 1 protein\vegetable meal.

I mostly followed it because their reasoning was compelling enough but I was already at goal weight and believed my liver didn't need to shrink more.

So I was not perfect. I do not recommend this for anyone with any amount of regain. Had I followed it perfectly I would have lost more weight, which was not my goal.

Plus my Birthday fell exactly 3 days before surgery so I basically did what I wanted within reason that day (light and real ice cream, pie, salad, fish and chips)

2 days prior to surgery I went full liquids only (my rules), 1 day before Clear Liquids only (my rules also) , the night before surgery fasting (their rules)

Hope that helps. But as always follow your surgeons plans because they could always get in there and decide to either postpone or covert from lapro to open if your liver isnt mobile enough (the reason for the pre op diet)

Edited by GreenTealael

I decided to weight myself at home because I felt bloated and sure enough surgery has made me gain. 10lbs to be exact. But 3lbs of it already disappeared overnight.

It was really the IV Fluid (Lactated Ringers) and inflammation from the work done. But it is visible and felt. But atleast I know exactly what is going on and will return to normal im a few weeks 😁

Ok here's the details on why I needed a revision:

1. Stricture at Incisera/spiraled sleeve- confirmed through testing and in surgery (no way to fix both issues without revision surgery)

2. GERD- I NEVER had it prior to surgery. It was a side effect. It was caused (surgeon believes) by the stricture I had at the incisera. This was confirmed through endo and surgery.

3. Hiatal Hernia- no explanation needed.

4. Gastritis- had this prior to first surgery and never resolved itself but hopefully now it will

5. Adhesions- plenty and plenty and plenty that NEEDED to be removed.

Here's why youve never heard about any of these things until now:

I still lost weight with the issues i had...

They did not stop me from making better choices and working hard with the hand i was given. Plus complaining here would just scare people out of something that could benedit them immensely. I did all of my wailing to my surgeons and they took my concerns seriously.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Hope this helps someone. These complications especially clustered like this are rare. Surgery was still completely worthwhile. This may never ever happen to you. You do not have to fail at WL because of complications. You do not have to regain because of complications. You DO have to check in with your team and make them aware so they can help you.

On 07/16/2019 at 10:01, FluffyChix said:

Real talk: Feminine wipes???? I could have gone my whole life without knowing how you keep your fresh as a daisy sassy self ramblin' on! ;) bahahahahaha! (Although, I did fall down by not thinking to take my sleep mask and ear plugs!)

OMG i wish I had thought to bring ear plugs! That beast I shared the room with was so inconsiderate...guests in and out, TV on all the time, and talked in he phone non stop. I wanted to smother her with a pillow

8 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I decided to weight myself at home because I felt bloated and sure enough surgery has made me gain. 10lbs to be exact. But 3lbs of it already disappeared overnight.

It was really the IV Fluid (Lactated Ringers) and inflammation from the work done. But it is visible and felt. But atleast I know exactly what is going on and will return to normal im a few weeks 😁

((hugs)) This is psychologically so hard -- even knowing logically that it's all IV and surgery related, seeing that scale bounce and feeling bloated from it, is just flat discouraging.

WTG on liberating 3 of those pounds. Pee like a racehorse! ;) hehe

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

((hugs)) This is psychologically so hard -- even knowing logically that it's all IV and surgery related, seeing that scale bounce and feeling bloated from it, is just flat discouraging.

WTG on liberating 3 of those pounds. Pee like a racehorse! ;) hehe

I was prepared to see the scale move up so i was at peace with it and don't mind but the bloating is just so uncomfortable !

Just now, GreenTealael said:

I was prepared to see the scale move up so i was at peace with it and don't mind but the bloating is just so uncomfortable !

Yes! Do you have the shoulder pain to go with it?

5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yes! Do you have the shoulder pain to go with it?

Nope! Maybe because i got myself up to walk very quickly

Edited by GreenTealael

On 07/18/2019 at 13:16, GreenTealael said:

Ok here's the details on why I needed a revision:

1. Stricture at Incisera/spiraled sleeve- confirmed through testing and in surgery (no way to fix both issues without revision surgery)

2. GERD- I NEVER had it prior to surgery. It was a side effect. It was caused (surgeon believes) by the stricture I had at the incisera. This was confirmed through endo and surgery.

3. Hiatal Hernia- no explanation needed.

4. Gastritis- had this prior to first surgery and never resolved itself but hopefully now it will

5. Adhesions- plenty and plenty and plenty that NEEDED to be removed.

Here's why youve never heard about any of these things until now:

I still lost weight with the issues i had...

They did not stop me from making better choices and working hard with the hand i was given. Plus complaining here would just scare people out of something that could benedit them immensely. I did all of my wailing to my surgeons and they took my concerns seriously.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Hope this helps someone. These complications especially clustered like this are rare. Surgery was still completely worthwhile. This may never ever happen to you. You do not have to fail at WL because of complications. You do not have to regain because of complications. You DO have to check in with your team and make them aware so they can help you.

We wish you best! Hoping for an easy and fast recovery

Very pleased you are recovering well!

I hope the problems you described are sorted long term.

I didn’t know about the issues you were having either. I am glad you are doing so well!!
You are a bright light on this forum

I had a restriction and severe gerd as well, with taking ambien and seroquel for severe insomnia I wasn't waking up at night when I was producing acid while sleeping, aspirated a few times, I was bypassed fairly quickly. I credit my surgeon for being quick and amazing. Super important to have someone who listens and acts fast.( he fixed my HH when he did my sleeve.)

Good luck in your recover process. I can say it's been the best thing. It's been great to be reflux free. Although I'm in dumping syndrome prettt regularly. However, I'd rather deal with that for 45 mins then deal with the insane reflux!

💜💜💜💜 Thanks Everyone 💜💜💜💜

Day 6 post revision:

I was going strong with energy, even danced a little in my bedroom yesterday

Then

the combo of weather and low cals swooped in.

I'm exhausted. I don't have a large amount of fat reserve to recruit for energy like prior to VSG so I'm eagerly awaiting full liquids/pureed stage because I have things to do 😆.

Otherwise doings ok, taking the meds/vitamins, drinking fluids, cooking foods I can't have for others lol, managing pain & falling asleep mid conversation 😂

Not a terrible first week 💜