Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you! I didn't proof what I wrote. You are about the same size as me I'm 5"3 and currently weight around 137. It goes up or down a pound or two. I've actually shrank an inch since getting older. When I first started my journey I was 5'4" and weighed around 243.

You don't know how much better it makes me feel to hear that you're healing and doing well. I ihope that things continue that way.

Thanks! I'm in the 150s. I could easily go lower but i could easily stay here as well. Maintenance will be individualized but as long as you know how yourself and how to add carbs back in you'll be ok

Good to hear you are doing well!

Hey WLS Fam 😍

Updates:

Yesterday I was my 3 month post op Surgical/NUT visit. I actually had to delay it a little bit as I was still travelling unexpectedly 😌 (I was 3 months post RNY Conversion on 10/15)

On 9/6 I needed a dilatation and for a few weeks after it was hit or miss on if it had worked then all of a sudden I was perfectly fine 🙌💃🏆. I am thrilled.

Really patience is key. I know its super frustrating to read when youre in misery but sometimes time is what will do the trick. Not every fix is instant. So it appears I scar to an exaggerated level which is why I stricture and it takes time to show up and relax. I'm keeping an eye on this and will know what the symptoms are so if it happens again we'll take care of it quickly.

My surgeon is very very happy that during the endoscopy the sites looked healthy. He also very very happy that I have only lost about 5lbs. He didn't want me to lose anymore weight and was adamant that where i am at is where i belong. I agree because when i dropped to 146 ... Mercy ! The skin on my face and neck started to losen. Nope.

We also started to document the rashes under the folds of my skin 😉 and he RX powder for it. I suggest everyone get on top of this ASAP if you can...

Labs will be processed this week and I'll know what my latest numbers are soon.

All food restrictions have been lifted by my NUT. I still don't really eat bread except on very rare occasions. I never eat rice or Pasta (was over them since before surgery), I eat starchy vegetables, legumes and roots at my discretion but not in abundance.

But bihhh salads here I come

giphy (2).gif

You are giving me hope! My revision is scheduled for 12/17 and it can't get here fast enough. I'm so glad that you are doing well.

📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣Updates 📣📣📣📣📣📣📣📣

No news is Good news : No major problems

currently: 146lbs BMI 25 overweight 😂

Labs returned with reports of same ol deficiencies I already experience (even prior to VSG) glad some things never change 😒. Taking extra supplements and will retest in a couple weeks.

No new/more issues with my surgery that I can speak of... everything feels like business as usual. GERD is a distant memory, the stricture seems resolves 🙌 happy, grateful, thankful.

I'm completely back to eating the way I want. Check out this thread to see what I realistically eat these days 💙

More updates soon!!! Feel free to ask questions 😍

How are you doing? Are you glad you had the revision done now? I just got back from the Dr. office and they want to revise me to RNY due to GERD and erosive esophagitis. I am having mixed emotions about this. The surgery is scheduled for Feb 26th.

My revision was on 12/17/19. I am doing awesome! I'm in the pureed stage, but I have not thrown up since the day before surgery. I had Gerd and throwing up so bad that I was aspirating food. I was malnourished and my voice stayed hoarse all the time. I'm definitely keeping what I eat down and my voice is even improving. I've been very pleased thus far. Hoping to start soft foods next week. The revision was the best thing that has happened to me in a long time!

On 1/2/2020 at 10:08 AM, Tracyringo said:

How are you doing? Are you glad you had the revision done now? I just got back from the Dr. office and they want to revise me to RNY due to GERD and erosive esophagitis. I am having mixed emotions about this. The surgery is scheduled for Feb 26th.

Hi! Super glad I followed my surgeons advice and went through with it.

It was also medically necessary and although I had mixed emotions about it, after completing 2 endoscopies and providing me with the photos of my internal issues, it pretty much sealed the deal for me. I didn't want to continue to ignore it and struggle along for no reason.

Research and only do what is comfortable for you ❤

8 hours ago, WOLVESFAN1 said:

My revision was on 12/17/19. I am doing awesome! I'm in the pureed stage, but I have not thrown up since the day before surgery. I had Gerd and throwing up so bad that I was aspirating food. I was malnourished and my voice stayed hoarse all the time. I'm definitely keeping what I eat down and my voice is even improving. I've been very pleased thus far. Hoping to start soft foods next week. The revision was the best thing that has happened to me in a long time!

So glad you are doing well ❤

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Quick update :

I am still doing well, very uneventful revision story now so not much to add. Weight fluctuates down then back up to baseline depending on my eating style. But no complaints at all

Hope that helps ❤

6 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Quick update :

I am still doing well, very uneventful revision story now so not much to add. Weight fluctuates down then back up to baseline depending on my eating style. But no complaints at all

Hope that helps ❤

How much can you eat? Can you eat all foods you ate before the revision ?

4 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

How much can you eat? Can you eat all foods you ate before the revision ?

I can eat around the same amount as VSG. You may or may not feel additional restriction because of the revision. (The pyloric valve will no longer be there so measuring and eating by recommended amounts may be needed. This is why some people, not everyone, feel like they can eat more after revision)

The process is slow going trying new foods after conversion but my eating is now nearly the same as with VSG

I dumped with VSG so I had to learn to be careful way back then I'm just even more careful now. If it even looks too sweet/rich i completely avoid it.

Hope that helps 💚

🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

1(+) year post op check in:

I was revised from VSG to RNY on July 15, 2019. My weight at the time of that surgery was 157 lbs. A finally was able to complete my 1 yr follow up visit with my team today. My current weight is 160 (really 159 but who cares 😂)

When my Surgeon brought up my weight got a little nervous. I immediately panicked a little hoping he was not disappointed that I gained a few lbs.

In fact, he was ecstatic. He reminded me that he did not want me to lose weight from the surgery, I was at my goal weight already and he purposefully made my bypass a length that would keep me relatively stable (sometimes I forget what the goal was while scale gazing) When I was in the 140s he wanted me to carefully watch out for too much loss. I fixed that problem 😂

Saying this to remind anyone who maybe going for a revision for further weight loss purposes to confirm the length of the bypass your Surgeon will perform. My bypass is 130, and my Surgeon usually starts Virgin bypass surgeries at 150 and I think that a relatively standard starting length.

All issues that existed with the VSG have been resolved and I haven't taken GERD meds in a year, HalleluYah ! Super happy with that outcome. Everything my Surgeon set out to correct was accomplished.

Good Luck everyone considering revisions ❤