Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats your story. I know we all go through them. But instead of the usual im stalling is that normal thread i wanted to read everyones story instead. Like how long did yours last. What do you think the breaking point was. Did you do something different. Or did you just let it run its course and kept on keepin on.

And if any veterans answer did you encounter multiple stalls and what do you think the issue was.

stalls happen. They're not caused by any particular issue (unless you're going off your program). I think it's your body's way of catching its breath and recalibrating. I just kept doing what I was doing, and the weight loss would start up again. I had my first one during weeks 2 and 3 post-op. The weight loss started up again during week 4, and I dropped like 6-8 lbs within a couple of days.

I didn't stall *a lot* (although some people do...), bit I do remember stalling three or four times during my journey. They usually lasted a week or two. Although I remember near the end (maybe a year or so out?) stalling for like a month and thinking I was done - but no - it started up again.

Which one?

LOL

Legions.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:51 AM, GreenTealael said:

It was a dark and stormy night...

A dark and STALLY night hahaha

A dark and STALLY night hahaha
Lmao I'm dying

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I've been stalled between 149-153 for a little over a month now. I'm really hoping this is not where my body decides to stop losing weight. I'm about 9 months out. I have been more diligent with tracking and have upped my exercise once again in order to break through it. I have faith.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Just broke a 53 day stall 🤷🏼‍♀️
Finally started measuring a journaling again and that did it

I didn't have the "3 week stall" that people talk about. I stalled at the beginning of month 3 and it lasted for 8 weeks. Didn't lose a single pound. I honestly didn't do anything different to get it started again, it just started dropping again by itself. Very bizarre and frustrating. lol.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:13 PM, stilljustafatguy said:

Whats your story. I know we all go through them. But instead of the usual im stalling is that normal thread i wanted to read everyones story instead. Like how long did yours last. What do you think the breaking point was. Did you do something different. Or did you just let it run its course and kept on keepin on.

And if any veterans answer did you encounter multiple stalls and what do you think the issue was.

My first stall was the dreaded 3rd week.

Major stall in my third month. Two weeks for my body to settle. I reevaluated how I was working my plan. Honestly, I was slacking on walking. Sold my treadmill and bought a gym membership. I was doing the same type of exercise/resistance/speed over and over. I mixed up my cardio and added weightlifting. I continued to increase the resistance/speed on machines. The stall broke and my weight loss was rapid.

My weight loss slowed down as I got closer to goal. (I had less body fat to burn) It was painfully slow and the last ten pounds took forever. I kept working my plan.

I've stalled three times. On two occasions, I just carried on doing the right thing and they broke.

On one occasion, I stalled for three weeks before going on holiday. I went away, drank wine, had (small) treats, didn't weigh myself at all...and by the time I came back, I'd lost 3 lbs. Weird eh? No logic to it that I can see!

I stalled for the first 2-4 months. I still dont know why. I was able to start losing again once I starting working out at the gym.