Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys, I'll be having my DS Surgery on 7/23/19, do you know the success statistics? For people who have had this surgery, have you had a regain? When you just had the surgery, what was the weight loss like? So excited but nervous. 🤞🏽

There's tons of information out there.

DS is the most restrictive. Malabsorption surgery available. High weight loss. High success rates but there's greater chance of Vitamin deficiency and anemia issues.

Google is your friend!

@mikeyy, thanks!

I have googled tons of information but I'd like to hear from people who have actually done it. Google gives me all the facts but I'd like to know individuals experience 😊

@shazza I lost 19lbs my first mo. Some might say that wasn't so much. Not me. I'd never lost that much so quickly and the bonus was I wasn't gaining like I would've been w/o the DS.

best thing I've ever done.... lost a lot at the beginning and now losing slowly, never regained and its been 15 months since surgery

I lost 14 pounds the first month, which is huge for me. Weight steadily came off at about 2 pounds a week, but slowed to one pound a week the last few months of the first year. Overall, I lost 80 pounds in a year and have had about a 4 pound regain since having my surgery in 2017. Best decision I made for my health and well-being. I would recommend it to anyone with a BMI of over 40, which is where I started. Wish I could drop another 20 pounds, but this is where my body wants to be.

You all have done so great. i hope and pray that it will be a similar experience for me!😊

I think I lost about 23 lbs. the first month. I'm two years out today and the weight loss has slowed but I haven't regained at all. Down over 155 lbs. Best decision I ever made!

@passion4film that is fantastic!! Congratulations!

1 minute ago, Sharon B A said:

@passion4film that is fantastic!! Congratulations!

Thank you! Good luck with everything!!!

Best decision ever. It's a little tricky to talk about actual number of lost lbs for me, since I'm a dude and I started working out on weights a ton, and getting semi-jacked. but what a difference this has made in my life. Transformative. You should feel confident.

I deleted most of my "fat pics", but I attached something that should give a general vibe...imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bbd8bc3022d1b1aimageproxy.php?img=&key=3bbd8bc3022d1b1a

matt fat.jpg

Edited by disco stu