Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did y'all begin to replace your clothing? my jeans are really getting lose but i dont want to have to buy several pairs as I am loosing.. I got a feeling its best to make new notches int he belt and just wear what I got till I am at the weight I want to be,

Thrift stores have cheap prices for good clothes and as you lose more weight you can just donate the clothes back to store. Then I guess once your weight settles you can go and pay full price for your wardrobe. Just a thought and what I'm doing....

Edited by MLB357

Buying a new piece of clothing is my non food reward for my hard work and to feel pride in my new emerging body. I also shop at thrift stores.

I was told not to spend a bunch of money on new clothes but I still bought some stuff as I lost weight to feel good about myself. I checked out some thrift stores but I didn't really get that excited about the clothes there so I went to Marshalls, Target, Kohls, watching for sales too. Surgery size 22. Bought new work pants at 20 and 18 then skipped to 14 and now 12. Really close to needing 10. Jeans 22, 18, 16, 12, not ready for 10 yet. Shirts I haven't changed much. Started at 2XL then bought some XL, now sitting at L for quite a while. I don't like my clothes too tight so I'm not sure if/when I'll get to a M. Pre surgery diet weight was 265 lbs. Surgery 8-15-18 at 250. Currently at 163. Ideal goal 150-155 but I'm actually pretty happy where I am now. Good luck! Enjoy watching the new slimmer you evolve!

I am in the UK, and I cycled new (to me) clothing through eBay - I bought smaller sizes, then re-sold them as they became too big. Also used charity (thrift) shops.

It’s become a bit addictive - my ‘new’ wardrobe is mainly made up of eBay and charity shop bargains (and I love it all!)

I'm thinking that i'm going to give one of those services a try that send you a few sets of clothes and you return them after you wear them and they send you more. You can change the sizes as you lose. There's also a site that sells gently used items...I think it's thread up.

Honestly, I suspect wearing baggy clothes is easier for men (I assume you're a man because of the Mr in your name, sorry if that is incorrect). Luckily I had some clothes in smaller sizes. But once those ran out, I bought at least 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of work pants and a few shirts that could go work or casual. Once I was in an XL, I bought a couple dresses (I was in 3X before). Most stuff I waited until I saw sales at Old Navy or the outlet malls and bought a bunch of the same stuff in multiple sizes. So I ended up paying something like $13 for a pair of jeans and $5-10 for shirts/sweaters.

Congratulations on needing smaller sizes its a wonderful feeling. I find TJ max a go too right now. And some really old favorites I hung onto.

I’m so excited to be able to buy something not only smaller but stylish! From past weight loss experiences (non surgical) I’m nervous about getting rid of all those larger clothes only to rebuy them again. Been there done that. But I’ve got to let it go. I like the eBay idea too

I've lost 66 pounds so far and have had to replace my whole wardrobe. I was in a size 24-26 pants and now a 20 in jeans. I also wore a 4x top and now wear a 3x and they're getting loose. I'm hoping to wait 3-4 months to do so again.

Well good for you gabybab- what I did- my jeans and pants also getting pretty loose so bought inch-wide non- roll elastic from w-mart and ran it through the waistband, a little more wear that way of my 20s, that will have until I can afford 18s and less. I had dropped from 4x-5x down to 3x, then when my PICC line was d/cd the end of February, I dropped 30 pounds ka- thunk, never was in 22-24, went down to 20s. Actually bought 3 pair of leggings in size 19 junior, before this last time of weight-dropping I would not have had the "guts" to wear them, my legs looked that much like a fat sausage, now I have definition and shapliness starting to show. Shoot I KNEW I WAS CUTE, I just kept it hidden for many years. Don't know who I will finally resemble, have gone through looking like relatives, dead ones- the other day I looked in the mirror and saw my maternal grandmother Cora's face. Now even with post- menopausal shrinkage, I'm still 5ft8in, Grandma Cora wouldn't have made 5ft4in unless she stood on a stool or tried to stand tippy-toes. Oh well as long as I don't resemble a cattle thief or embezzler, I'm cool! Never had my picture on the wall of local Post Office, and at 73 I doubt I ever will!
When I had to go to my County Courthouse to pick up a copy of Late Lamented and my Marriage licence , it was the first time I had been there since our application 44 and a half years before. This proves either I lived a felony- free existence or I am duller than dishwater. Suspect it might be the latter!😄😝😀

On 07/07/2019 at 02:12, ARMoma45 said:

I'm thinking that i'm going to give one of those services a try that send you a few sets of clothes and you return them after you wear them and they send you more. You can change the sizes as you lose. There's also a site that sells gently used items...I think it's thread up.

Why service is this?

5 hours ago, Bianca S. said:
On 7/7/2019 at 4:12 AM, ARMoma45 said:

Why service is this?

There are several but one is Stitch Fix.

Oh Dang, I just saw an advert,on cable TV for another, must not have really tempted me because I never made a note of their e- mail address. Have done that before, don't know why but must be equivilent to the ball of -String too short to Use.

On 07/08/2019 at 03:07, ARMoma45 said:

Why service is this?

There are several but one is Stitch Fix.

Oops meant what-*

I have a closet full of clothes I “outgrew”. I’m looking forward to being able to wear them again. I won’t have to buy anything for a while.