Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It loves it-It loves it NOT

Has anyone been on the rollercoaster where it seems like your sleeve loves a particular food and then as time passes all of a sudden it doesn’t.? For example, my sleeve “liked” the crumbled Jimmy Dean turkey sausage for Breakfast. Today, my sleeve did not like it, not even the taste! I didn’t eat this every morning but the few times I did I had no problems and I was excited that I found something I could eat. Then today I ate a soft scrambled egg white and the sausage and I got extremely nauseous and stomach upset! This is so frustrating! I’m only 5 weeks since vgs, does things eventually stabilize?

In the beginning taste changed a lot for me. Mostly with anything that had Tomato in it. I don't have any issues with any foods now.

Are you sure it was the sausage? eggs are always iffy for me. Sometimes (mostly sunnyside up) they are okay but other times they come right back up, or make me feel so awful I swear off them for months. I've also found that I can eat newly cooked rice or noodles, but leftovers are a no-no. You'll soon figure out what to avoid--I tried things and if they didn't work in the beginning, I kept testing until it seemed clear I was never going to tolerate some things well. I couldn't eat chicken until about year six, and only dark meat. I still can't eat most bread, it just balls up inside and feels terrible. Strangely enough, toast is okay.

Yes. And some aversions subside and some never do....

Sometimes we forget and eat too fast, or take too big of a bite, or there is some inflammation. Morning restriction is usually the greatest, try warm liquids in the morning to relax the muscles a bit and slow down. I still cannot do chocolate - only like one piece of plain dark chocolate because early on I got sick on sf chocolate pudding... NO not having it! Just recently can I tolerate chicken breast and steak. Sometimes beef is still a little harsh. bread must be toasted. I don't do Pasta now or rice.

I am like that with the on again off again sleeve. Mornings, like Sosewsue61 said, can be more difficult until I have some liquids. Warm liquids seem to help even better when I have time to make tea. I have experienced eggs making me feel like a whole new person and amazing and eggs (cooked the same way) sitting like a lead weight in my new stomach. I'm beginning my 8th week post op so this may be something that gets better with time.... maybe not. Good luck with it!

Are you sure it was the sausage? eggs are always iffy for me. Sometimes (mostly sunnyside up) they are okay but other times they come right back up, or make me feel so awful I swear off them for months. I've also found that I can eat newly cooked rice or noodles, but leftovers are a no-no. You'll soon figure out what to avoid--I tried things and if they didn't work in the beginning, I kept testing until it seemed clear I was never going to tolerate some things well. I couldn't eat chicken until about year six, and only dark meat. I still can't eat most bread, it just balls up inside and feels terrible. Strangely enough, toast is okay.
I use flatout wrap has 7 grams of Protein and 9 grams of fiber...only 90 calories. Everyone is different I was fine with eggs..I have Turkey bacon. Raw collyflower bothers me..get dry heaves.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app