Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein during clear liquids

Hi,

So I had my surgery 6/27. My doctor has me on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks. I am finally able to drink 64 ounces of liquid but I despise the taste of the clear Protein Drinks. So I am not taking in any Protein. Anyone have this issue? I'm tempted to start full liquids without his consent so I can get some protein and nutrients.

Hey we had surgery the same day 😊 I had to switch to the Protein2O drinks I found a local station that had them 3 for $6 so I didn’t have to get a whole case from Amazon. They taste like watered down Kool Aid to me which is fine right now because those Clear drinks are wayyyyyyy to sweet.

1 minute ago, ThreeOhThree said:

Hey we had surgery the same day 😊 I had to switch to the Protein2O drinks I found a local station that had them 3 for $6 so I didn’t have to get a whole case from Amazon. They taste like watered down Kool Aid to me which is fine right now because those Clear drinks are wayyyyyyy to sweet.

I did Protein20, as well. I diluted it 50/50 with ice Water. Sam's Club carries this brand.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Never thought about diluting them. That would make a lot of them more drinkable!

I had surgery July 2nd and my surgeon only requires 1 week of clear liquids. With that said, I haven’t been able to get much down without being in pain. Therefore, I’m going to do my best to not get dehydrated over the next 3 days and not focus on the Protein intake. I will make up for the protein when on full liquids (in 3days). I said that to say that stating your full liquid diet earlier than 3 weeks is fine. Especially if you feel healed enough (pain,swelling, nausea.... in check).

good luck to you 💕

I had surgery July 2nd and my surgeon only requires 1 week of Clear Liquids. With that said, I haven’t been able to get much down without being in pain. Therefore, I’m going to do my best to not get dehydrated over the next 3 days and not focus on the Protein intake. I will make up for the protein when on full liquids (in 3days). I said that to say that stating your full liquid diet earlier than 3 weeks is fine. Especially if you feel healed enough (pain,swelling, nausea.... in check).

good luck to you 💕

Room temp is less painful, or warm Decaf tea, alternate with sf popsicles or freeze diluted clear Protein Drinks - Isopure ready-made blue raspberry or Syntax nectar.

My program did not have a clear liquid, just liquid so Protein Shakes were good. My surgeon also said not to worry about it for the 1st week, just get liquids down as dehydration was the biggest cause for early complications

Thanks for the advice everyone! Ive tried Protein2O and a dozen other like it at just can't stomach it. They all make me nauseous. I think I will go to the store and buy some Protein Shakes. Starting to feel a little weak and lightheaded.

Invest in Protein Powder that way you can make your own shakes. Add it to things like yoghurt. Add it to Water.

1 hour ago, Mikeyy said:

Invest in Protein Powder that way you can make your own shakes. Add it to things like yoghurt. Add it to Water.

Ive tried the "flavorless" Protein powder as well with no luck.

Luckily I had my first post-op appointment today and the NP has finally approved me to add ready made Protein Shakes to my clear liquids. 3 more days and then I can have full liquids.