Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I'm dehydrated

I'm trying to drink more but it's hard. I only drank about 40oz yesterday but I'm up to 50 so far today and my head feels lightheaded. Any thoughts ?

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Check with your Dr's office. I needed to get fluids 2x and I was able to do it outpatient.

There Is a test you can do on the back of your hand. If the skin doesn't retract easily when pulling it, you may be dehydrated.

It gets better with time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Edited by gabybab

What colour is your urine. If it’s pale straw coloured that’s good, if it’s dark yellow or brown that’s bad.

If you are struggling with Water drink something else e.g tea. It doesn’t have to be water it just needs to be Fluid, low cal fluid.

What colour is your urine. If it’s pale straw coloured that’s good, if it’s dark yellow or brown that’s bad.
If you are struggling with Water drink something else e.g tea. It doesn’t have to be Water it just needs to be Fluid, low cal Fluid.< br>
Earlier today it was dark but now it's a dark straw color. I managed to get in another 25oz of water to bring me to 70 oz.. the most since surgery...it was getting easier to drink this evening . Especially when I was worried about dehydration... hopefully tomorrow will be better

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes tomorrow is a bright new day, that's one of the few do-overs in your days. Don't give up on your struggles, even 2 oz every 15 minutes will help. My mini- mantra IF YOUR URINE IS LIGHT- YOU'RE DOING JUST RIGHT!

Sip, sip, sip, all day long, different varieties of liquids

Do it slow, do it steady, and you will finally after a while get in BALANCE, fancy medical way,of stating THAT is homeostasis This leads to me telling a story, many things do, you know!
I accomplied Late Lamented's Mama to her Doctor, wasn't I a sweet D-I-L?
At any rate Doctor comes into the room, asking his usual cheery question, " Well how are WE feeling today?"
Mama-in laws response: "I've got the MISERIES!"
Doctor- "Hmmm I have never treated anyone for MISERIES, what does that entail?"
ME To restate it in Medical terms, "an ill- defined state of non- homeostasis currently."
Doctor:" Ah Ha, now that makes sense to me, perhaps I have advice for THAT! " LOL😝

Sf popsicles, room temp Water with mio drops, warm Decaf tea, bone broth... and ingest some sea salt.