Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low sugar-No sugar beverages with NO after taste

I know that all of our tastes differ, but I’m just curious about what low sugar (5g or less) or sugar free beverages people have found that actually taste good. Especially with NO after taste?!

The things I drink are

Water

fruit infused water: probably not exactly what you're looking for, but if you get a water bottle with a fruit infuser in it, you can put fruit in your water to flavor it. I'll use frozen fruit - less flavor, but cools your drink and is cheaper.

Plain iced tea (so not the stuff you buy in bottles - which often has sugar &/or aftertaste, but brew on your own)

Decaf coffee with milk.

Diet Snapple Tea...I combine half Water, half tea in a fruit diffuser water bottle with lemon and lime and freeze to make it a little icy.

I am 6 years post-op RNY gastric bypass. Like you said everyone has different taste. The following are the variety of drinks that I have found enjoyable.

Water with ice cubes.

No sugar Crystal Light [not a great fan but I served me well at the very beginning when I had to drink something with some flavor and no sugar.]

Fine English teas such as "Royal Wedding Tea" by Harney and Sons.

A drink called "Bai" that comes in bottles. [I generally buy these by the case when they are on sale.]

Hot cocoa during the winter [I use Nestle Nesquick (No Sugar Added) with milk]

Hot Lipton tea with a half a squeezed lemon to which I added a no calorie/low calorie sweetener.

And since I am several years post-op and in the Maintenance mode, I have integrated drinking a cup of coffee each morning into my routine. I sweeten it with a no calorie/low calorie sweetener and add a couple tablespoons of whipped cream to the top. The whipped cream I make from scratch using heavy whipping cream and for a whip cream sweetener I use Spenda. I have found that it is a good way to start my mornings because it contains fats which minimize hunger.

Water, bai, honest tea, crystal light.

Edited by TheJuice202

I live on this stuff. No sweeteners, just crystallized juice so I get the flavor without the mess and they are easy to chuck in a ziplock in my bag so I always have them. I have the lemon, orange (my fav) and lime. I get them in the baking aisle at the grocery store but Amazon has them. I put 1 packet in my 24 oz insulated Water bottle. Helps me avoid all the artificial sweeteners and chemicals in a lot of the no calorie drinks

True Lemon Bulk Dispenser Pack, 100 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YP3MUS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dLIKDbCGVFW71

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app