Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 mos after surgery - feel like my stomach grew

I know i know, they all said its not possible to do that, but I feel like maybe I did. July 21 will be 6 months from my surgery and coincidentally, my birthday! -

Maybe when I went from working out at night to working out in the morning before work (up around 330/4am, workout 415-515am, home by 6am), my system went out of whack? its like after work and after a sensible Protein packed dinner of mainly chicken breast or something prepared healthily, i still feel like I can eat and eat and eat. I have a Protein Shake with spinach for Breakfast, my millions Vitamins, Water, Decaf coffee, then a great lunch of half cup of chicken breast or a protein shake with more spinach and then dinner at home. I try to stay on my water and an 11am and 3pm snack of string cheese or Peanut Butter or a hardboiled egg white. Has anyone else felt like they could just keep eating? The last couple nights I ate a half container of reduced fat jif! I never even ate pb before surgery. Maybe im craving sweets? Is that im not drinking enough water? I add sugar free packets to flavor my water b/c i dont like mio’s aftertaste and dont always want a sweet Powerade zero. I was having greek yogurts but stopped because i was getting burned out on dairy. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way about their pouch. Maybe its all in my head! Im 25 lbs from my goal weight!

Stomachs do relax or stretch and you will find that as time goes on you will be able to eat more. That is why it is important to establish good habits early on and to know when to stop

Keep in mind those shakes do not sit in your stomach and keep you full as long as solid foods will. Try changing up your diet a little bit - less Liquid Protein and more solid Protein. See if that helps keep you full longer and away from unnecessary snacking.

Also, depending on how intensely you're working out - muscle building? weight lifting? you may need more calories for your body to recover and rebuild muscle and by craving more to eat your body is letting you know that its not getting enough.

6 hours ago, KCgirl061 said:

Keep in mind those shakes do not sit in your stomach and keep you full as long as solid foods will. Try changing up your diet a little bit - less Liquid Protein and more solid Protein. See if that helps keep you full longer and away from unnecessary snacking.

Also, depending on how intensely you're working out - muscle building? weight lifting? you may need more calories for your body to recover and rebuild muscle and by craving more to eat your body is letting you know that its not getting enough.

Thank you!!

7 hours ago, elcee said:

Stomachs do relax or stretch and you will find that as time goes on you will be able to eat more. That is why it is important to establish good habits early on and to know when to stop

Thank you!!!

@KCgirl061 @elcee i cut out added sugar, rice, bread, Pasta, potatoes, fruit, caffeine, booze, processed foods and have kept that strictness since my surgery in Dec. but I will definitely take your advice on trying different Protein foods instead of just shakes (sometimes i like to have baked chicken breast in the morning for breakfast or a hardboiled egg white), and I think the weight lifting (not just cardio) has also changed my appetite routine! I appreciate your help! Happy 4th! Meanwhile, i just made a (zero carb) Isopure Protein Powder Mug Cake with applesauce and swerve sweetener, yum!

3 hours ago, Daftgirl said:

@KCgirl061 @elcee i cut out added sugar, rice, bread, Pasta, potatoes, fruit, caffeine, booze, processed foods and have kept that strictness since my surgery in Dec. but I will definitely take your advice on trying different Protein foods instead of just shakes (sometimes i like to have baked chicken breast in the morning for Breakfast or a hardboiled egg white), and I think the weight lifting (not just cardio) has also changed my appetite routine! I appreciate your help! Happy 4th! Meanwhile, i just made a (zero carb) Isopure Protein Powder Mug Cake with applesauce and swerve sweetener, yum!

shakes do nothing for me except add more Protein. Can you eat scrambled eggs and bacon in morning or turkey sausage patty ? It is always best to eat solid protein all 3 meals. Good luck and Happy 4th !