Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my personal little official thread

He took quite a large amount off. I have no clue what my new band size will be!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

37 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

He took quite a large amount off. I have no clue what my new band size will be!

That's exciting!

I'm having a really hard time picturing what side boob area was snipped away in office? Even google has failed me, it just suggests Lipo for side boob. Do you have a pic, or diagram you'd be willing to share? I'm curious!

11 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

Everything is going well! Slept a lot today, but Tylenol is just fine for any lingering pain. Just burns a bit on and off. I took a peak and it is so smoooooth. Mind you, this is still with the SteriStrips on. I cannot WAIT to shower tomorrow and also go bra shopping soon!!

Congrats on having it all done and dusted :D Take it easy, surgery is surgery conscious or not and you will need rest to heal!

I bet bra shopping will be so exciting :D

Wow, happy for your outcome!

That's exciting!
I'm having a really hard time picturing what side boob area was snipped away in office? Even google has failed me, it just suggests Lipo for side boob. Do you have a pic, or diagram you'd be willing to share? I'm curious!
I have pics of the actual skin that was removed, too, but not sure how people can stomach those things on here. Basically a shape of a taco was cut out. It literally looks like a cheesy taco. 20190909_162445.jpeg

I am so happy. No pain. It's totally smooth when I look dead on now. It's amazing.

Cheesy Taco 🤣

I get it now. I have a minor-ish fold at the same spot. I wonder if my upcoming BA will kind of stretch it flat?

No pain is amazing!

A cheesy SIDEBOOB taco! Bahahahahaahaha!!!

I'm so proud of you! What a trouper! You're a super trouper!!!! (I'm not worthy...I'd be milkin' the system...uhn uhn, I need, I need. I want. I want...Can you peel me a grape please???? :D )

It just occurred to me.... I have a dragon tattoo right where the Tummy Tuck incision is going to be. The whole body of the dragon will probably be scrunched up. It will just be a head attached to a tail!! lmao!

I took 2.5 weeks off work. I hope that is enough time because I was literally told I would be fired if I a) had any post-op complications or b) needed more than 2.5 weeks off work. Don't even ask...

I completely understand. Work can be tough when it comes to time off. I hope you only need 2.5 weeks!! I feel like if you're tough enough to let them chop off skin awake in the office, you'll probably be doing great after 2.5 weeks. I'm only taking a handful of days off for my revision, which should be fine, but I am fully confident if I need more days or end up having plastics, I'll be fired, which could be a blessing after all.

Also, sorry to hijack your thread but Dr. Oviedo is going to be my surgeon too! Do you like him? I literally have not met him. Dr. Glembot was going to be my surgeon, but he's booked out into late November and my insurance will no longer cover bariatric surgery come November 1, so they went into scramble mode to get me on the schedule in October. I won't even meet him until the day before surgery, so I'm a bit nervous about that. I'm just going to trust that he is competent and hope our personalities mesh well. 😃

P.S. I don't know if you know who Trogdor is, but if your dragon tattoo ends up just being a head and a tail, you could potentially turn it into Trogdor!

1 hour ago, mousecat88 said:

I took 2.5 weeks off work. I hope that is enough time because I was literally told I would be fired if I a) had any post-op complications or b) needed more than 2.5 weeks off work. Don't even ask...

Are you having muscle tightening? My understanding is that is by far the most painful part of a TT.

On 10/7/2019 at 1:37 PM, sillykitty said:

Are you having muscle tightening? My understanding is that is by far the most painful part of a TT.

Yes, I am having muscle tightening. My surgeon said it was standard with a TT after massive weight loss since your visceral fat sort of pushes all of your muscles away from where they should be and then they get all droopy. So it's like an internal corset for a while to get them back to where they should be. #6packabs He said I will be walking hunched over for a while, even with a binder.

Edited by mousecat88

On 10/7/2019 at 1:19 PM, SorryNameTaken said:

I completely understand. Work can be tough when it comes to time off. I hope you only need 2.5 weeks!! I feel like if you're tough enough to let them chop off skin awake in the office, you'll probably be doing great after 2.5 weeks. I'm only taking a handful of days off for my revision, which should be fine, but I am fully confident if I need more days or end up having plastics, I'll be fired, which could be a blessing after all.

Also, sorry to hijack your thread but Dr. Oviedo is going to be my surgeon too! Do you like him? I literally have not met him. Dr. Glembot was going to be my surgeon, but he's booked out into late November and my insurance will no longer cover bariatric surgery come November 1, so they went into scramble mode to get me on the schedule in October. I won't even meet him until the day before surgery, so I'm a bit nervous about that. I'm just going to trust that he is competent and hope our personalities mesh well. 😃

P.S. I don't know if you know who Trogdor is, but if your dragon tattoo ends up just being a head and a tail, you could potentially turn it into Trogdor!

Yes, I love Dr. Oviedo. He is the most compassionate, caring doctor I have had. I do not like Dr. Glembot at all. I've had him respond as the surgeon on-call when I had some post-op complications and it was always a terrible experience. Most recently (like 3 weeks ago) he diagnosed me as having an ulcer OVER THE PHONE to the ER Department when really I had a herniated disc in my back. You will love Dr. Oviedo! I had some post-op complications and he would always rush to be at my bedside after he was finished for the day and insisted on seeing me personally for followups instead of the nurse practitioner, which is usually the case. I was the first robotic RNY patient at Winchester and he always called me his "favorite perfect patient" even though I was far from perfect. LOL

I have an appointment with the dietitian there next Monday and it would be nice to see him again since I haven't since February. Sucks you don't see the surgeon anymore and they never see your progress.

Edited by mousecat88

Also a Trogdor tattoo would be eff'n rad. lmao.