Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 7/3/2019 at 5:54 AM, kitty0422 said:

So your on the right path, i promise you it gets better.

So many small things at - 50 Lbs +, put on socks, boots, tie laces unassisted, old expensive cloths /watches become new again, wipe your Own butt wthout cheep Amazon Tongs lol, A1c BG Bp goes down , O2 sats improve, etc ect. Yes those bouts of depression suck ! It has a lot to do with the surgery and weight loss hormonal changes . I am a big tough ex military guy and got overcome by a wave of depression and almost started to cry over nothing, couldn't finish my work out and had to go home. I try to treat them as I have with old Adderall panic ( after I quit ) attacks telling myself I'm ok it's just catecholamines. Catecholamines are hormones made by your adrenal glands, which are located on top of your kidneys . Examples include dopamine; norepinephrine; and epinephrine (this used to be called adrenalin or adrenaline). Your adrenal glands send catecholamines into your blood when you're physically or emotionally stressed. Best wishes.

Edited by Billy Bob

It breaks my heart to see people posting regrets about WLS.
For me, this has been LIFE CHANGING.
I mean, there are many days where if it were acceptable, I’d shout with joy at the top of my lungs and try to get as many people as I could (I’m talking friends and family, not complete strangers— I’m not a complete lunatic) to have WLS so they too could feel as uh-maz-Ing as I do most days.

It guts me to see when people don’t have a good experience with WLS

On 10/5/2019 at 9:45 PM, Sheribear68 said:

breaks my heart to see people posting regrets about WLS.

@CrystalV

What @Sheribear68 said above^ ^^- very true - same feelings from me

when i read a post about regrets (possibly because they now can't eat food well, or someone had

physical complication PO) i feel bad for them, i feel guilty (sounds silly) probably because i never had any prob - pre and PO continuing these past 7+ years with my sleeve.

I see you are now 3 months PO - how have things been going? i hope you are

doing and feeling ok.

good luck☺️

your bud

kathy

Once you start walking It will get better! I was in so much pain when I woke up from surgery and like you I thought to myself “what the heck did I do to myself” but once I started to walk I felt better. Yes you will have a few struggles but like me even with struggles till this day almost 2 months post op I do not regret my decision

I don't hate myself for it but there is that little voice in my head wondering if I made the right choice. But then again I feel like I did because I already have diabetes type 2, high blood pressure, etc. If I didn't do this I don't know if I would've been able to fix myself and instead be a mess in my 40s and 50s if not dead

I’m five years out and felt regret about three weeks in. I hadn’t lost a lot of weight , I had no energy etc. for me it was because my blood pressure was really low and one I was off BP meds it went up and I started feeling better and exercising and everything came together.
Give it a chance you are making the right choices it should get better.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:10, fourhooves2003 said:

I’m two days post gastric sleeve surgery.

I’m struggling to get my Protein Shakes in as I am not hungry and my body is signaling me that I am full when I sip on any liquids.

Suggestions?

Honestly?

Make sure you stay hydrated with Water, Powerade zero, milk, etc.

Of course keep trying to get in Protein, but if that doesn’t happen for a few days you’ll be okay.

In week 2 I had an 800 calorie WEEK.
Was so worried I emailed my NUT about it 3 times and she reassured me that’s completely normal and that our bodies can survive a few days without protein, but that staying hydrated was absolutely essential.

How are you feeling now? Did time, anti-depressants, healing, and support help?

On 7/3/2019 at 8:04 AM, soccermom2 said:

Girl, this is 100% me too right now. I also had surgery last week. I was crying pre-op, didn’t want to do it, pushed myself to go to the OR. I immediately regretted it upon waking up & have every day since. I wished my husband had talked me out of it. Recovery was much, much harder and more painful than I was expecting. If I had known it was going to be like this, I would have tried so much harder to lose the weight without surgery.

However, we can’t change it now. It’s done, there is no rewind button, and this is life now. I am starting to feel better as the pain has eased up tremendously & now I’m on full liquids instead of clear. It also helps me to think that this will not last forever. Eventually I will feel “normal” and be able to eat normal foods, just less of them, which is what I wanted from this. I wanted to be able to eat normally- binging & having multiple servings like I did was not normal.

I also made a list of all the things I will be able to do as a result of this surgery. I won’t feel like hiding myself because of my weight, I’ll take pictures with my family which I haven’t done in years, be able to enjoy social gatherings & going out in public without feeling embarrassed of my weight, play and ride bikes with my kids, swim, feel good in clothes, etc. My weight has held me back from living & enjoying my life for the past 5 years. Thinking in terms of that helped me so much.

Good luck! Fingers crossed that a year from now when we have lost weight & aren’t so restricted, we will be grateful!

Eventually I will feel “normal” and be able to eat normal foods, just less of them, which is what I wanted from this. I wanted to be able to eat normally- binging & having multiple servings like I did was not normal. I said those same words to the psychologist in april and was deferred indefenitly as an eating disorder and said I was not likely to not follow the post op diet on oct 15. learned it pretty closely have been living it for last month or so. down 52 lbs. o well we'll see. love my reaquired physical abilities . :)

I found starting my own preop diet before surgery has definitely helped me eat less and fill up quicker and so that I can adjust post SURGERY by living off shakes already.

I'll be having surgery next Monday for BYPASS cannot wait to start the new life!!

21 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Honestly?

Make sure you stay hydrated with Water, Powerade zero, milk, etc.

Of course keep trying to get in Protein, but if that doesn’t happen for a few days you’ll be okay.

In week 2 I had an 800 calorie WEEK.
Was so worried I emailed my NUT about it 3 times and she reassured me that’s completely normal and that our bodies can survive a few days without Protein, but that staying hydrated was absolutely essential.

Wouldn't that be a few weeks vs days ? " Our bodies can survive a few days without protein",