Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help me use myfitnesspal. Please?

My new/old journey begins today and I'm quite anxious. One of the things I'm anxious about is MFP. Some things I dont get.

How much Protein, Fiber, good carbs, good fat, etc am I to try to shoot for?

Also, I'm noticing the daily menu. I want to:

Add foods, portions, barcode info to a general database to return to with just a click. How? Like Decaf, yogurt, cheese, etc are daily mainstays, I would like to just find it in my database and click each day instead of manually entering it each time!. Again, How?

I'm scared to jump back on the wagon, and I'm keeping a food journal daily yet I'm still very nervous. Knowing how to use MFP will help ease and organize my mind.

Can anyone help me?

"I'm baaaak in the saddle again, I'm baaaack!"

Hi! Everyone's plan is very diverse but some rules for WLS patients given to us by our various Teams are:

Protein: 60 g- 100g

Fiber: 20g

Carbs: under 50 g for Ketosis (but some like to go a low as possible)

Fat: under 40 g (but some like to go a low as possible to prevent gallbladder issues)

You can save foods/ recipes in MFP so they are available for you to use often as entries. Try to get the initial entry spot on so yoy won't have to fix it later.

It can be created under my foods, meals, recipes or simply use the most recent list

You can also enter under multu add instead of one at a time once you have a list going, this really saves time.

Screenshot_2019-07-03-06-14-45.thumb.png.31954aef0694f58a988c729dd6ddebeb.png

Screenshot_2019-07-03-07-17-16.thumb.png.78c46b86b40ef914458bdda9ffa6bece.png

Screenshot_2019-07-03-07-16-20.thumb.png.5391e2958ffbc7ae44aa7754bda06dbc.png

Screenshot_2019-07-03-07-18-52.thumb.png.d3ae4c1f3e6eadbb7c1eeed1337513e2.png

Check out all the settings of MFP especially the goals menu & Dont forget to log your Water intake too!

💜You've got this, congratulations for being aware enough to seek info and ask for help💜

Edited by GreenTealael

I don't use MFP, but as far as macros go, it depends on your plan. Most people are told to focus solely on Protein and fluids at first, since you'll be eating so little the rest doesn't really matter quite yet. We were told to aim for at least 60 grams of protein per day, and that seems to be pretty common.

5 hours ago, Bianca S. said:

Have you heard of the Baritastic app? It’s like MFP But meant for bariatric patients!!

Yes, I also have Baritastic . Trying to find out which one I like better. TY!

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Hi! Everyone's plan is very diverse but some rules for WLS patients given to us by our various Teams are:

Fat: under 40 g (but some like to go a low as possible to prevent gallbladder issues)

You can save foods/ recipes in MFP so they are available for you to use often as entries. Try to get the initial entry spot on so yoy won't have to fix it later.

It can be created under my foods, meals, recipes or simply use the most recent list

You can also enter under multu add instead of one at a time once you have a list going, this really saves time.

Check out all the settings of MFP especially the goals menu & Dont forget to log your Water intake too!

💜You've got this, congratulations for being aware enough to seek info and ask for help💜

TY soooo much! I was up till 0730 trying my hardest to figure that out! My brain was fried. I'm going to try your suggestions shortly. Wish me luck! Oh, TY for the other info as well. Very kind of you to help me out as much/well as you did! And I won't forget to log in Water either.

I hope I've finally got this!

3 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

I don't use MFP, but as far as macros go, it depends on your plan. Most people are told to focus solely on Protein and fluids at first, since you'll be eating so little the rest doesn't really matter quite yet. We were told to aim for at least 60 grams of Protein per day, and that seems to be pretty common.

TY, but I'm 4 years out, I'm all Protein, Veggies, fruit and Water! My pouch healed but stretched a long time ago. Still trying to go back to the basics.

6 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Thank you, this helps me too. Thank you so much. Anz thank you pollywolly for asking for help. I'm a little over 5 months out and having trouble eating. So I was going to start tracking again.