Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm almost 9 months into surgery in July and I've been really struggling with the surgery I've been binge eating on sweets and now I've started drinking soda and I don't know what to do I've been going to my therapy sessions but I'm struggling more after surgery than I was before surgery is there anyone out there that has gone through the same and can give me some advice please I'm afraid that I'm going to damage myself before I even hit my one year

So who is buying the soda? Stop buying it. You are playing head games with yourself.

This happens. Get back on the horse. One meal at a time, cut the carbs out. It's not that you fell off the wagon, it's that you get back on the wagon. Go get some sugar free popsicles or something to replace the binge sweets. You can do this one meal at a time. After 3 days the cravings will subside once you stop ingesting all those carbs. Add some good fats like avocado, coconut oil to help you feel sarisfied. Up your Protein to 100grams.

Get your bariatric materials out and reread them. Journal. Journal your food. Journal your gratitude.

That is great advice. It isn’t happening to you, it is you. This is a HARD journey.

Start weighing every single day. Log it (eg myfitnesspal app) - research shows the best indicator of long-term weight loss change is daily weighing and logging.

Make a new eating plan. Plan to stick to it religiously for just 3 days. Get started on the change... now!

Just keep reminding yourself why you had the surgery and how far you have come! Dont let your old you win out over the New You!

Go back to the basics of when you first had the surgery, weighing in, tracking and measuring everything you eat. You have control of this.

11 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

So who is buying the soda? Stop buying it. You are playing head games with yourself.

This happens. Get back on the horse. One meal at a time, cut the carbs out. It's not that you fell off the wagon, it's that you get back on the wagon. Go get some sugar free popsicles or something to replace the binge sweets. You can do this one meal at a time. After 3 days the cravings will subside once you stop ingesting all those carbs. Add some good fats like avocado, coconut oil to help you feel sarisfied. Up your Protein to 100grams.

Get your bariatric materials out and reread them. Journal. Journal your food. Journal your gratitude.

I'm actually buying the soda for my husband and my son so maybe it's time to get them to start eating healthy to that way it's not so hard for me I completely understand what you're saying to it is a mind game and I really appreciate your advice I'm going to go ahead and take every piece of advice that everyone on this is giving me I don't want to mess I've come so far to let everything that I work so hard for go to waste thank you so much.

6 hours ago, Biddy zz 🏳️🌈 said:

That is great advice. It isn’t happening to you, it is you. This is a HARD journey.

Start weighing every single day. Log it (eg myfitnesspal app) - research shows the best indicator of long-term weight loss change is daily weighing and logging.

Make a new eating plan. Plan to stick to it religiously for just 3 days. Get started on the change... now!

I just downloaded the app that you told me to download and I'm going to go ahead and start working on it I thought weighing yourself everyday was a bad thing though but I am going to go and buy a scale I haven't weighed myself since I've had surgery the only times I weigh myself is when I go to the doctor I don't keep a scale at home but I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm going to buy one and start doing that and journaling everything that I eat thank you so much

This is me too. I'm a year post surgery and not anywhere near my goal. I feel like it hasn't worked because my appetite has barely changed. I fill up fast ish on meals but I get hungry again really quickly so I basically eat half my meal but then have to come back an hour later and finish it. I'm doing the same thing with crisps and sweets. I'm vegetarian so find it really hard to get that much Protein every day. I'm really depressed about it honestly and absolutely disgusted at myself for allowing it to happen. After the surgery for a couple of months I felt great because I was full so easily but now I feel like my appetite is the same as before the op. Maybe Protein Shakes might help?

This is me too. I'm a year post surgery and not anywhere near my goal. I feel like it hasn't worked because my appetite has barely changed. I fill up fast ish on meals but I get hungry again really quickly so I basically eat half my meal but then have to come back an hour later and finish it. I'm doing the same thing with crisps and sweets. I'm vegetarian so find it really hard to get that much Protein every day. I'm really depressed about it honestly and absolutely disgusted at myself for allowing it to happen. After the surgery for a couple of months I felt great because I was full so easily but now I feel like my appetite is the same as before the op. Maybe Protein Shakes might help?
oh my God yes I'm not even a year into surgery and that's exactly how I feel I'm giving in to my cravings chocolate is my weakness anything with chocolate I have to have and then I feel so sick afterwards and now the soda is getting really bad I'm not even nine months yet and I just feel like I'm self-sabotaging myself I'm just so afraid of starting to gain and so little time and I haven't even hit my win year so I'm going to try the Protein Shakes to and see how that works for me I'm sorry this is happening to you too

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

Let's try it together maybe?! I've been reading about the pouch reset diet and I think I'll try that. I'm very down about allowing this to happen but I honestly feel like the sweets and crisps cravings are worse now than before I had the op. I remember the weeks after surgery I was able to eat much quicker than I expected to be able to but because I hadn't had any sugar I wasnt craving it at all. Maybe the pouch reset will help break that cycle again.