Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now that surgery part is over...

Hi everyone! The past 72 hrs has been full of ups and downs.. I was sleeved on the 26th and came home friday evening. From the day of surgery i vomitted every day. The last day i vomitted was friday morning.. Sorry if im being too graphic but this was my experience. So far im off the pain meds and i still feel a little woosey. I am drinkning lots of Water and sugar free juices i had dome chicken broth yesterday and pureed fruits. So far so good. I notice my face is slimming a little bit but i think thats from mostly liquids. Im taking sips of shakes here and there as well.. I chew gasex maybe 2xs a day to keep the gas at bay. Im anxious for my energy to come back. Walking 2 blocks in the heat isnt easy so i stay in most of the time.. Good luvck everyone it is worth it but its no joke! Any questions feel free to ask😊

So glad it is over...sorry to hear about very rough 72 hours! I never even thought of taking Gas-ex, what a great idea..my surgery is postponed a bit and even if I had had it, I hadn't run across this idea before!

I hear you about the heat, I'm in TX..so I feel ya! Sounds like you are a trooper though to come thru all of that and you are still pointing out positives. I love your attitude. Was thinking about you the other day.

Best wishes on your continued recovery - keep us posted!!

2 minutes ago, hmwilcox578 said:

Yes. Sex is a great idea in fact any type of laxative is going to help otherwise you're going to get bound up and you're going to be in a considerable amount of pain pretty quick so yeah keep keep the stuff flowing out LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

You might want to edit 🤣

1 minute ago, hmwilcox578 said:

Lol. Stupid phone. Ty

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

No problem 😊

I wouldnt count that out either lol😉

49 minutes ago, KarenLR75 said:

So glad it is over...sorry to hear about very rough 72 hours! I never even thought of taking Gas-ex, what a great idea..my surgery is postponed a bit and even if I had had it, I hadn't run across this idea before!

I hear you about the heat, I'm in TX..so I feel ya! Sounds like you are a trooper though to come thru all of that and you are still pointing out positives. I love your attitude. Was thinking about you the other day.

Best wishes on your continued recovery - keep us posted!!

Yes gasex it my saving grace. As soon as it dissolves it relieves everything.. Cant wait for your day to come😊

Oh my gosh...I SO needed that laugh...thanks for capturing the original post 🤣.... @hmwilcox578 - I'm so glad your stupid phone acted up. I've been grinning from ear to ear for so long my husband is looking at me oddly. Thank you both!! 😍 I could feel the stress and tension of my situation just flowing out of me. I gotta get my positive attitude back!!

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I just had the gastric sleeve done on the 25th and was sent home the next day so out of the hospital almost 72 hours. They also did a hiatal hernia repair and discovered my gallbladder was trashed so that came out too. Thankful it wasn't 3 separate procedures! Still on pain meds though. Feeling rather like a large herd if elephants ran me over but a little better each day. I am not even close to meeting any kind of Fluid intake requirements and certainly haven't even considered Protein. Yesterday I was proud that I upgraded from Water to popsicle. Any thoughts at when I should start to find this worrisome?

Take care. You've gone through the roughest part now. It gets better from here. Good luck on your WLS journey.

3 hours ago, Texasgal72 said:

I just had the gastric sleeve done on the 25th and was sent home the next day so out of the hospital almost 72 hours. They also did a hiatal hernia repair and discovered my gallbladder was trashed so that came out too. Thankful it wasn't 3 separate procedures! Still on pain meds though. Feeling rather like a large herd if elephants ran me over but a little better each day. I am not even close to meeting any kind of Fluid intake requirements and certainly haven't even considered Protein. Yesterday I was proud that I upgraded from Water to popsicle. Any thoughts at when I should start to find this worrisome?

Just make sure to drink electrolite Water and my fav is body armor super drink. Posicles are fine but remember you had 3 procedures done at once so dont rush yourself.. I would suggest Soup broth and fruit purees. If you havent attempted somewhat solids by monday i would let the dr know just to be sure its ok. Good luck!

Just now, CelfLove said:

Just make sure to drink electrolite Water and my fav is body armor super drink. Posicles are fine but remember you had 3 procedures done at once so dont rush yourself.. I would suggest Soup broth and fruit purees. If you havent attempted somewhat solids by monday i would let the dr know just to be sure its ok. Good luck!

Oh and sip sip sip is key! Try different flavor drinks.. Please stay hydrated!

8 hours ago, Texasgal72 said:

Texas I was panicked my first couple days about not getting enough Protein. My doctor was like don't even worry about it at this point. I don't remember it lasting very long- 2-3 days maybe? The idea of Protein Shakes sounded NASTY those early days when I'd enjoyed them prior to surgery. I like them again now too.