Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am post op gastric sleeve 5 weeks, and I have not lost weight in 5 days, just stayed the same. It is so frustrating because I am hungry all the time but can't get much in my stomach. Anyone else have this with the sleeve? I have lost a total of 20 lbs, then nothing for almost a week now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm right here with you going through my first stall too! It suuuucks 😫I haven't lost anything in a week! We'll get through it....soon I hope 🤞

I'm hopeful that my first stall (hit right on time in week 3) is finally easing. I was bouncing around in a 3lb range for 3 weeks (a lot of threes there). All I can say is keep on plugging away. The scale will begin to move again soon. One thing that has helped me this week is that I've been taking my measurements once a month for the last few months, and while the scale is being uncooperative, the measuring tape has been super nice to me... an inch off my neck in the month of June alone. :)

it's a stall. You'll get those periodically. Just stick to your plan and it will break. My first one lasted two weeks.

I’m 3 weeks post op and haven’t lost anything this week and am so frustrated also...I am going to start measuring though that’s a great idea MrsGamgee! Hope this stall is super short lived...

I’m in week three and my scale didn’t move a bit. I figure it’s a stall and I’m just going to keep on keeping on. From what I’ve read, stalls are normal. I’m trying remain positive. Hang in there.

Stepped on the scale this morning and for the first time the scale stopped going down. I was up 3lbs from last week, I dont want to stress about it but I have lost a lot and now am starting to wonder if it will stop. I have been introducing new foods daily since the last restriction came off and this weekend certainly was not the cleanest eating but portions remained tiny.

I am just a month out from surgery, and am going through a stall. It has been so frustrating because I haven't lost any pounds in over a week, but I am definitely losing inches. Right after surgery, I was weighing myself everyday just due to excitement (bad habit...don't do it) and consistently losing at least two pounds a day. Once I hit my stall, it was quite discouraging to not see the scale change, but losing inches and having loose clothing has been helping me still feel good about this decision.

I'll be a month on Thursday. I lost the first 2 weeks and haven't lost anything last 2. I wish it was only 5 days. I did lose 40 something lbs though!

Sent from my moto e5 plus using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm just about 2 weeks out (surgery was June 20, starting weight was 240) and I think I've already hit a stall-- I've lost a total of 15lbs already but the scale has been only going up and down by like .5 lbs for about 4 days now.. anyone else hit a stall this early on?

1 hour ago, AlexaRosalie said:

I'm just about 2 weeks out (surgery was June 20, starting weight was 240) and I think I've already hit a stall-- I've lost a total of 15lbs already but the scale has been only going up and down by like .5 lbs for about 4 days now.. anyone else hit a stall this early on?

pretty much everybody has that. It happens within the first 4-6 weeks after surgery. We call it the "three week stall" because it usually happens the third week, but not always. Mine was week 2 and 3. My weight loss started up again during week 4, and I dropped like 6-8 lbs within a couple of days. Do a search on this site for the three week stall - you'll find literally hundreds of posts on it.

I was the stallingest staller who stalled. I stuck with my program and it did come off, just at a snails pace some months. I never had a big drop after a stall, it was usually 1 maybe 2 pounds. Everyone is different.

My statistics next to my name are a little misleading. I have lost 91 pounds, however that is from my highest weight 5 months prior to surgery. I lost weight while I was qualifying for surgery and had surgery at 204 pounds. I’ve lost a total of 69 pounds in 11 months, 16 of that alone has been over the past 2 months. I dug deep and got very serious about exercise the past few months.

Here is a graph of my loss that might help, I have posted it before, it is from a month ago. My surgery was on 8/13 this ends on 6/3. I only entered data when I lost weight and omitted 1-2 lb fluctuations to stay sane.

There is a thread called, embrace the stall on this board that is helpful.

92879B86-52EF-40D1-B56A-355C540C2E45.png

On 6/28/2019 at 1:39 PM, bookworm88 said:

I am post op gastric sleeve 5 weeks, and I have not lost weight in 5 days, just stayed the same. It is so frustrating because I am hungry all the time but can't get much in my stomach. Anyone else have this with the sleeve? I have lost a total of 20 lbs, then nothing for almost a week now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

It'll pick up. I stalled for EIGHT WEEKS. Not a single pound lost. Then it started again.

I am 1month post sleeve and stall for 4days then will lose a pound and stall for 4days agian. Its frusterating and doesnt help my mood. I do find if i drink the actual 64oz of Water a day(water hurts to drink) and excercise 30mins jogging, swimming or some kinda sweating cardio i will lose a pound a day i just dont have the energy to keep up with that right now so im excepting my 4 day stalls to be lazy i guess. Lol.