Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤JULY 2019 CHALLENGE❤

Checking in!

Goals for this month

Stay below 130
Walk at least a mile a majority of days
Do some of the arm exercises
Participate in the photo challenge

Here’s why I REALLY need to do this arm challenge 😣

image0.0.jpg

8 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Guest B-side question:

What/where is the best beach you've ever been to/want to go to?

I loved Virginia Beach as a child 💜 It felt like a fairytale world to me...

I want to go to Zanzibar next. A co worker we a few years ago and i was sold when she showed me the pics.

📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢

*Time Out Question*

I'm looking through the arm before photos and EVERYONE'S arms look very normal to me.

Am I just used to my type of arms, or are we not that worse for wear?

👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈

Edited by GreenTealael

11 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

That beach is charming, which province are you in?

Ontario. Sugar Beach is just one the several fake beaches set up along downtown Toronto's waterfront. They may not be natural occurrences, but they do pretty up the boardwalk. The view in the background is of the Toronto Islands in Lake Ontario.

11 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Guest B-side question:

Forgot to answer my own question.

Beaches are my happy place so I probably love 'em all. But my absolute most favourite one I've been to is Accra Beach in Barbados. When we were there, the Water was the most beautiful, bluest dark sapphire-y blue I have ever seen. And the water temperature was perfect, and not so still nor too wavy. And the sand white and unbelievably soft underfoot, almost like memory foam! And clean! And empty (at the time)! Of course, I don't have a picture of it I can post, as I was there long before digital cameras and camera phones where commonplace. I know I have actual prints from a film camera somewhere in the basement of my mom's place. I should go look for them....

I'd love to go to like ANY beach in Seychelles someday...

Edited by ms.sss

5 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Checking in!

Goals for this month

Stay below 130
Walk at least a mile a majority of days
Do some of the arm exercises
Participate in the photo challenge

Here’s why I REALLY need to do this arm challenge 😣

image0.0.jpg

Are you literally FROLICKING in an Icelandic meadow?? LOVE. IT.

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢

*Time Out Question*

I'm looking through the arm before photos and EVERYONE'S arms look very normal to me.

👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈

Ummmmmmmmm, I dunno. I think my arms are pretty un-normal to me, but thanks for saying that they are, lol.

59 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Ontario. Sugar Beach is just one the several fake beaches set up along downtown Toronto's waterfront. They may not be natural occurrences, but they do pretty up the boardwalk. The view in the background is of the Toronto Islands in Lake Ontario.

I should have asked my husband, he is from Hamilton and Toronto. I know I’ve been to the boardwalk, but I don’t think I ever have in summer.

I’ll be in Toronto/Ajax visiting family the first week of August, I’ll make sure to wave towards your general direction!

Oops... missed yesterday's arm workout. But I still got in my 5km yesterday and today. I'm listening to a fun YA audiobook while I walk. It doesn't help my pace the way music does, but the time goes by faster. Did a mishmash of the arm workouts and my arms feel good and tired. :)

Yesterday's pic... a beach. Living on the prairies, there aren't many beaches to be had, but there's a man made lake less than an hour away, and we went there for Canada Day last year.

Today's pic... family. A shot from my MIL's 80th birthday celebration. 20180701_131408.jpeg 20190511_182455.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

14 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Guest B-side question:

I'm not a beach girl. Never really have been, despite spending my teen years in the sunny Okanagan. Honestly, I find the sand irritating and it's messy... lol. The nicest beach I've ever been to was probably in Spain, but that was more years ago than I care to admit.

1 hour ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I’ll be in Toronto/Ajax

My dad used to live in Ajax :)

Ajax has a really nice (and natural!) waterfront, great for hiking/exploring.

1 hour ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I’ll make sure to wave towards your general direction!

You'll have to wave eastward that week, planning a mini road trip into Quebec in the beginning of August ♥️

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢

*Time Out Question*

👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈👉👈

Maybe a little bit of both? We are all super critical of ourselves so we are quick to point out our self-perceived flaws, but we're also so accustomed to what our arms look like and so it looks normal-ish to us all.

On 07/03/2019 at 14:49, ms.sss said:

Are you literally FROLICKING in an Icelandic meadow?? LOVE. IT.

😂😂. Too cold here for short sleeves, which considering the state of my arms is a good thing. I was frolicking near home in SoCal a few weeks ago in that pic.

Sunny Day! (That’s a real life glacier behind me! 😮😮)

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg