Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think most of us has it to some degree or another.

I lost 100 lbs and have a bit around my middle, both above and below the belly button. Saggy under my tiny butt cheeks. Slightly saggy underarms (less so now I have real muscles growing there!)

I have decided to live with it. But I am older. For younger folk, or if it really bothers you, there are many skin removal surgery options. I think there is one of the forums here just for the discussion of those options...

7 hours ago, mmartinez213 said:

Thank you for responding Biddy zz, I too list 100lbs my skin is bad I want to seek skin removal surgery but I'm scared that's a big surgery

I've had two skin removal surgeries (lower half & upper half). Yep - big surgeries (six hours each) and much tougher recovery than weight loss surgery. I'm glad I had them, but they're no walk in the park. Just so you know, no one can tell by looking at me that I had them, because it was pretty easy to hide my excess skin - I just had to watch what I wore (slightly long-ish, slightly oversized shirts - and elbow-length or longer sleeves). Now, I can wear anything. Of course, *I* know I look totally different underneath my clothes now - more like a normal person. No more stuffing my stomach skin into my jeans or tummy-control leggings and no having to pick up my excess stomach skin when I shower so I can clean underneath it. And no more skin slapping up against me while doing certain exercises. But when clothed, it's not obvious. Again, my excess skin wasn't hard to hide as long as I wore the "right" clothes - but still, I'm glad it's gone.

13 hours ago, mmartinez213 said:

So losing weight quickly and slowly has left me with loose skin. I hate it anyone experiencing this issue?

I do have the saggy skin and will get rid of it when I am done losing. I have never had a flat stomach and would like to have one once.

Thank you for your honesty catwoman7, I know it will be a long journey to healing I'm scared and don't look forward to it but its a just. May I ask how much did you lose?

32 minutes ago, mmartinez213 said:

Thank you for your honesty catwoman7, I know it will be a long journey to healing I'm scared and don't look forward to it but its a just. May I ask how much did you lose?

over 200 lbs. At my lowest, I'd lost 235 lbs, but I've gained 12-15 lbs since then (I saw 12-15 because it varies from day to day). So if you go by my weight right now, I've lost c. 220 lbs.

Edited by catwoman7

15 hours ago, mmartinez213 said:

So losing weight quickly and slowly has left me with loose skin. I hate it anyone experiencing this issue?

Ugh, if I had the money or insurance would pay I would do it . My weight loss was everywhere and I wasn't expecting the sagging thighs. I just watch everything I wear. The arms are the worst for me. I wear a medium top, but my coats and jackets are Extra large to fit my arms.

I've lost 104 lbs so far. I've got bingo wings and a stomach doughnut and droopy thighs, but they don't chafe or itch, so I don't care.

The only people who see my doughnut are me and Him Indoors, and he couldn't give a stuff. The droopy thighs are only really visible when I go swimming (and only when I walk to the pool) and I'm not narcissistic enough to believe that everyone stops what they're doing to look at me - they're too busy doing their own thing. And the bingo wings are visible whenever I wear short sleeves, but frankly, who gives a damn? The sort of people who would b*tch about it aren't the sort of people I care about anyway. ;-)

On 6/27/2019 at 12:30 AM, Biddy zz 🏳️🌈 said:

I think most of us has it to some degree or another.

I lost 100 lbs and have a bit around my middle, both above and below the belly button. Saggy under my tiny butt cheeks. Slightly saggy underarms (less so now I have real muscles growing there!)

I have decided to live with it. But I am older. For younger folk, or if it really bothers you, there are many skin removal surgery options. I think there is one of the forums here just for the discussion of those options...

I'm the same...have lost almost 100# and, frankly, don't have as much sagginess as I thought I would. But that said, my butt, inner thighs, bat wings and abdomen are saggy now. I have always worn clothing that covers thighs and upper arms anyway so they don't bother me, plus I exercise (walking and lifting weights) and the muscle in becoming more defined. It's my abdomen that I want the skin removed from, but I'm also older (66) and not crazy about the recovery of such invasive surgery. I plan to talk about it with my surgeon at my one year visit.