Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my gastric sleeve today

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Had mt gastric sleeve operation today and for the most of today have been feeling shitty - nauseous, lightheaded but otherwise happy its finally done and now it is slowly going up. I expect some downs but still it feels like the part I was scared the most of is finally over.

Congratulations on a successful surgery. Cheers to a healthier you!!

Remember to take it easy and sip, sip and walk and what you are feeling is normal.

18 minutes ago, SusieQ2019 said:

Congratulations on a successful surgery. Cheers to a healthier you!!

Remember to take it easy and sip, sip and walk and what you are feeling is normal.

At first I did sip but felt so bad and nauseous after it. So they just put a second drip and said that I can take it easy on sipping today and try again tomorrow once the gas pain is also pain. I do take the walks though.

Congrats! I had mine done a week ago. I had never had surgery before so it was a... different experience. [emoji1] However, after a few days I started feeling like myself again with some tenderness. I hope the nausea/ dizziness subsides sooner than later. Good luck![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Wishing you feeling better and a successful journey to health and weight loss.. I'm having surgery next Monday July 1..

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Feeling shitty is 1/2 your body's reaction to the insults done to it in the name of positive health science, 1/4 recovering from anesthesia and 1/4 emotional let- down after summoning enough courage to go through and have your Surgery. Most of us run at a fever- pitch tying up loose ends, making. sure nothing blocks you when you have travelled so far in so many ways to Get Here .
Promise, Day by Day you are going to feel better, expect a let-down about 3 days in, 72 hours at. High Emotional Energy is about all one body can stand. For me or was also the day I went home, I ached , was weepy, oh I was glad for my surgery, really I was, but on the surface " Sweet Mother of God, WHAT DID I LET ME IN FOR?" But very soon the Sun will shine, the Bluebirds will sing and the flowers bloom, and your world🌎will be a wonderful new place to live and your future will shine forth! And you will be like me, telling the " Newbees" "You can do it, You really can do it, I've been there and I know! "And to. all them, you will be the Veteran , the Mentor to guide them on their way too!
So smile😝, sip,sip, sip, do your "Walkies" be happy you've been this chance, remember not all of us get approved the very time They try and I think you'll do Just Fine!

16 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

...and your world🌎will be a wonderful new place to live and your future will shine forth!...

Ironically we actually moved into our own place this last weekend. Because of this operation we tried extra hard to get all renovations done in time so we could move in and I unpacked everything I could fit in the existing furniture. It will be a new place to live in :)

And cue the Disney music now " A BRAND NEW WORLD"🎶 Congratulations on Both!

Congratulations!!!! Wishing you a wonderful recovery and weight loss journey [emoji112][emoji112]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations! I am super excited for you. I cannot wait to get the surgery part over. I personally feel like that is the easiest. I am in pre-op and trying to get in Protein and new healthy eating lifestyle is a challenge. But I am ready!

congrats

I had mine monday and i am feeling so much different just two days later. Good luck

Congratulations and welcome to 'the other side' LOL

:D

Feeling much better today. Was given yesterday a painkiller shot and a sleeping pill and therefor had a very good night rest. Sipped a whole 25 ml in and the result was nothing as bad as yesterday, totally tolerable.