Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh the places you'll go!

Traveling has always been my passion. But the last five years, because of my weight, I've picked less strenuous more leisurely places to go to. I can't wait to eventually get out and do some type of physically active traveling like hiking Machu Picchu. So my question is to all my fellow travel lovers, what are your future travel bucket lists once you get to your healthy weight?

India and Indonesia!! I envision me shopping for my clothes effortlessly, looking extremely chic in all pictures and being able to keep up with the tour guide[emoji114][emoji114][emoji114]🤞🤞

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

14 minutes ago, Deedee12 said:

India and Indonesia!! I envision me shopping for my clothes effortlessly, looking extremely chic in all pictures and being able to keep up with the tour guide🤞🤞

I've never been to either place and yes shopping and looking good in pictures for once would be great!!!

19 minutes ago, KCgirl061 said:

I'd love to swim in the Dead Sea.

You mean float? ;) I don't think they want you putting your face in the Water there... :D

7 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

You mean float? ;) I don't think they want you putting your face in the Water there... :D

Really? I hear its wonderful for your skin.

14 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh I looked it up. Its not that its a rule not to put your face in the Water, you just really really don't want to get that water in your eyes!

And recently there have been directives not to put your face into the waters at Buckeye Lake and Grand Lake St Mary's , the Algae Bloom is terrible this Summer!

I actually managed to do all the things I wanted while still obese because i truly believe life is far too short and tomorrow is not guaranteed. I plan reruns of my favorites and a few more but as I suspect I will be cold half the time so I'm skipping all cold weather climates.

💜 Have fun everyone 💜

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I actually managed to do all the things I wanted while still obese because i truly believe life is far too short and tomorrow is not guaranteed. I plan reruns of my favorites and a few more but as I suspect I will be cold half the time so I'm skipping all cold weather climates.

💜 Have fun everyone 💜

What were your favorites? I might have to add them to my bucket list! By the way I can't wait to be cold!!!! 🤣

What were your favorites? I might have to add them to my bucket list! By the way I can't wait to be cold!!!! 🤣
Me tooo!!! I live in AZ so being cold works![emoji28][emoji1]

Camping/hiking the ADKs, swimming in a lagoon of Dinoflagelletes in Jamaica with my kids, walking the ruins of Pompeii...

Edited by GreenTealael

45 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Camping/hiking the ADKs, swimming in a lagoon of Dinoflagelletes in Jamaica with my kids, walking the ruins of Pompeii...

Pompeii is incredible. I've done Dunns River Falls in Jamaica but I had to look up Dinoflagelletes. That sounds fun.

My family and I travel a lot!! It's probably the most expensive item in our budget but cutting it out is not an option. That said, it sucks coming home and looking through the pictures and realizing I purposefully avoided having my pictures by being the photographer or taking the least amount of pictures. Or, taking mostly selfies (because as the annoying phrase goes, she's got a cute face[emoji57]) and no body snaps.

Anyway, just an absolute vain desire to have a scrapbook of a wonderful locale with my face and body ALL over it[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

26 minutes ago, Deedee12 said:

My family and I travel a lot!! It's probably the most expensive item in our budget but cutting it out is not an option. That said, it sucks coming home and looking through the pictures and realizing I purposefully avoided having my pictures by being the photographer or taking the least amount of pictures. Or, taking mostly selfies (because as the annoying phrase goes, she's got a cute face) and no body snaps.

Anyway, just an absolute vain desire to have a scrapbook of a wonderful locale with my face and body ALL over it

I do the same thing. It's sad but I'm just too self conscious. I can't wait to be comfortable in my own skin again and enjoy life to the fullest.