Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 68. No problems at all. Slowly losing weight. No food problems,am exercising with floor bike,2# weights for arms.

was quite tired at first but got B12 injections and used b12 Patches. I am 5 months out. My mobility improved a lot.

Water was hard at first but got better with time. I use bariatric cocoa for extra Protein. Use benefiber 2x a day for better Fiber intake. Journal your food and liquids, it helps. Do your vitamins!

awesome,,you have rocked it,,where are you from?? I appreciate your response, not many women in our age group share about sleeve successes,I am having some difficulty with my pre op fast,,I am HANGRY ,,lol

I'm 72 and in holding waiting for insurance approval. I had the Lapband for about 9 years and it worked initially but failed. I'm going through with the surgery to improve my mobility and to get my knee to stop hurting all of the time. I also developed Apena, but that is the only insurance recognized secondary that they recognize. I was told it would take 15 days to hear from the insurance company. I've been in the process since March. Love to hear from older patients.

I’m 67. My story is similar. I also have a bad hip- bone on bone + arthritis. I was originally scheduled for VGS on June 17. For my clearance, I had to take a stress test. I failed!! It turns out I had a blockage in one of the arteries in my heart!! Instead of the VGS on the 17th, I underwent a cardiac Catheterization on the 19th. So M waiting for the final OK from the cardiologist & my doctor so I can reschedule. I just want to get this whole thing over with!

1 hour ago, mermaidenlor said:

awesome,,you have rocked it,,where are you from?? I appreciate your response, not many women in our age group share about sleeve successes,I am having some difficulty with my pre op fast,,I am HANGRY ,,lol

I'm 54, but I really understand the hangry part. Lol. Good luck with your surgery, you will do great!

24 minutes ago, NancyLF said:

I’m 67. My story is similar. I also have a bad hip- bone on bone + arthritis. I was originally scheduled for VGS on June 17. For my clearance, I had to take a stress test. I failed!! It turns out I had a blockage in one of the arteries in my heart!! Instead of the VGS on the 17th, I underwent a cardiac Catheterization on the 19th. So M waiting for the final OK from the cardiologist & my doctor so I can reschedule. I just want to get this whole thing over with!

My lap band caused A-flutter as the tubing was hitting my vagus nerve. Had it removed last year and it took a year to get a second reason for surgery. I'm basically a healthy overweight person.

It is good you found out about your heart by taking the stress test.

Sent from my LG-H931 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi,I am having sleeve july 1 ,I am almost 67 with bone on bone hip and knees,,I am in the prep phase,,I would very much like to hear from folks that had sleeve over 65 and have success stories, only positives,Thanks so much ,
I am a mature sleever also 50 days out. In a weight loss stall but patience is required. Need to get more active with cardio and exercise in general. I prefer losing slowly. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-H931 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 73, 10 months past RNY, oh I have had some bumps in my weight loss path, but have lost 125(I think) pounds in less than 10 months, weight I couldn't lose and keep off before! And I like that might be grounds for celebration tonight..

Good morning ladies! I am going to be 70 years young on September 11th (I still am 19 in my head lol) and I have my surgery dat for July 22, 2019. I am so excited and also nervous and. All the other emotions that go with this life changing decision. I had both knees replaced 3 years ago, type-2 diabetes, Hbp, sleep apnea and I am looking forward with the weight loss to correct these problems. Best decision was having both my knees replaced, but the added weight hurts them. I also have a pinched nerve that I’m working on with PT and the weight loss will help tremendously with that issue. I retired to the Carolina ‘s three years ago and I’m ready for all the activities on my “retirement bucket list”. Also, I’m looking forward to dating once again as I am a widow now after 32 years of marriage. So lots ahead. I’m here if any of you older gals want to talk. It helps if we all share with each other..... it makes this process a lot easier.... Kate

Well, they say that 70 is the new 50. Congrats on your decision to move forward and take chances. I am hoping to get a July date too, maybe Aug. I've finished all the pre-stuff and just waiting for insurance approval. I'm so happy that someone started the over 65 groups as we have other goals. Our knees, hips, and mobility. I too live in the Carolina's. I just want to be able to go swimming in the lake and get back on the boat. I'd also like to keep up with the grad kids. Good luck on your journey and keep in touch.

5 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I am 73, 10 months past RNY, oh I have had some bumps in my weight loss path, but have lost 125(I think) pounds in less than 10 months, weight I couldn't lose and keep off before! And I like that might be grounds for celebration tonight..

Congrats on your weight loss. It opens so many doors. I hope to take that journey soon too. It is nice to know that we have some seniors out there.

I too am keeping up with 5 Grandchildren and I have a Great Grandchild due in November. Are you in the Charlotte area? If you are, Charlotte Newcomers has a walking group I'm going to join. The girls are really great.

8 minutes ago, kathaleen revell said:

I too am keeping up with 5 Grandchildren and I have a Great Grandchild due in November. Are you in the Charlotte area? If you are, Charlotte Newcomers has a walking group I'm going to join. The girls are really great.

I'm in the Columbia area. My doctor has a group but it meets at night and I don't do night. I'm retired so I'd prefer day meetings so I find the internet to work. When I had my Lapband I joined the DFW Band group and they were amazing. I couldn't have made it without their help and support. I have 5 grandchildren locally and two in Michigan. Good luck to you.