Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: 1 Year Check In

Hi! I'm doing good. I hit 80 lbs lost yesterday!

Hw 255/sw 225/ cw 175/ gw between 150-160

Top picture is day before surgery in blue and about a month or two ago in yellow other two pictures are a side by side in the same shirt which is now a dress! Right side is January of last year left is a month or two ago

Collage 2019-05-07 10_21_07.jpg

Collage 2019-04-10 13_32_57.jpg

Collage 2019-04-10 12_38_20.jpg

You look awesome! I hope you are wearing that shirt as a dress, it's so cute!!!

I didn’t join the board until much later, I’m going to try and find the original thread tonight. I hope everyone is doing well. I remember thinking it was a bad time of year to get the surgery for some unknown reason, now I think it is a perfect time of year. It is so nice to be healthier this summer. I had surgery 8/13/18. I hope it’s ok if I chime in now.

I didn’t start taking pictures until recently, here are my April-June comparisons. I took the first picture when I joined the gym. I’m close to my goal weight, I just haven’t decided what that is.

B57A89E2-F09B-473D-905E-BA83E0572CAA.jpeg

Edited by Cheeseburgh

32 minutes ago, alleamarie said:

Hi! I'm doing good. I hit 80 lbs lost yesterday!

You look fantastic!

10 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I didn’t join the board until much later, I’m going to try and find the original thread tonight. I hope everyone is doing well. I remember thinking it was a bad time of year to get the surgery for some unknown reason, now I think it is a perfect time of year. It is so nice to be healthier this summer. I had surgery 8/13/18. I hope it’s ok if I chime in now.

I didn’t start taking pictures until recently, here are my April-June comparisons. I took the first picture when I joined the gym. I’m close to my goal weight, I just haven’t decided what that is.

You look amazing!

I'm doing well. I'm now down 91 pounds (72.3 since surgery). I feel much healthier and happier. The weight loss has slowed significantly but I'm ok with that. I have about 45 pounds to reach my personal goal. Some recent progress pics (current pics from my recent vacay to Dominican Republic).

Progress.jpg

F2F.jpg

Had to get my love to dig in his phone for pictures b/c I don’t have any of myself. I don’t like taking them really. Anyway HW:282 SW:247 Cw:179. My goal weight was 180 but I changed that to 170. Most recent pic is from May at 185. My doctors are expecting 155-160. However I don’t think that will look good. I kind of got into it with his assistant who thinks I’m hindering myself from getting to that number. I could be 🤪haven’t been that weight since I was in my 20’s.

B40D3C13-8E9B-4830-8598-41569C9D85EE.jpeg

E8BEE7E3-381B-429D-B8DE-1CC0B60921FF.jpeg

I swore that I posted already, but I can’t find my post. Hopefully this isn’t a duplicate post.

Surgery was 6/4/18 (VSG). I’m down 90lbs. I went from a size 16 to a size 4. I’m kind of at my goal and kind of want to lose another 10 lbs. Time flies you guys. http://www.instagram.com/Vsg4me2please

16BA515C-1079-402F-95BA-C64C02116BA7.jpeg

Hi everyone:

I’m 96lbs down from my HW of 354. I was sleeved last July and have my one year follow-up appt on the 10th. I’m still losing between 7-10 lbs a month and I’m not really exercising at all. I do plan to ramp that up this summer though. My goal weight is 175 so I still have a ways to go. Slow and steady... It truly has been a wonderful journey. My whole life changed with the first 30 lbs and it all been wonderful since then. Hope to be in Onederland by Christmas.

Down 98 pounds, 30 more to go picture is from day of surgery July 18, 2018 and other is Memorial day weekend this year and my engagement weekend...whoop!!

inCollage_20190528_061630974.jpg

All of you all look fantastic. Thanks for showing us your progress!

20 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

First - you look awesome! You're absolutely welcome to jump in now!! I had my surgery 8/14/18 - we're surgery twins!

Our original thread was all about post-op stuff, but we did also have a post-op thread. I'll see if I can find that and post the link here. Might have good info in it for people, but it isn't very active with posts any longer.