Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

I could not tolerate chicken breast until recently, so I ate thighs instead ...Nor steak, it has to be well marbled and like 4 bites. I still can only consume a tiny tiny amount of chocolate anything. After surgery any chocolate Protein Shake or sf chocolate pudding made me throw up, I developed an aversion to that form - I can have a bite of plain dark chocolate but not much. It doesn't call my name any more - which is good.

I don't eat Pasta ever, I have had maybe 2T of rice like 4 times - it feels horrid, swells up makes me want to throw it up. So now I just don't bother. Any bread consumption must be toasted.

But popcorn goes down okay. LOL

I mainly eat eggs, cheese, pork steak, bacon, chicken, fish, shrimp, crab, vegetables, a few berries, yogurt sometimes. I could not tolerate salad for nearly a year - that was tough - lettuce chewed 40 times just slimed and came up. So it was cucumbers, and pepper strips until my body adjusted. I now eat lots of raw greens.

Chocolate is something I'm surprised I don't really enjoy any longer. My regular Breakfast is (and was for over a year before surgery) chocolate berry overnight refrigerator oats. I bump up the Protein with Protein Powder and chia seeds (all 100% ok'd by my RD, and helps with my regularity), but I don't enjoy the taste as much any more. And I thought I was craving some chocolate the other day so I made some sugar free/fat free chocolate pudding for the wee-lings and had a few bites... it tasted like paste. I see something chocolatey and it looks great, but I'm beginning to understand that my body doesn't like it any more.

I've also been craving cabbage... raw cabbage, shredded and dressed with olive oil, lime juice, chili powder and cumin (what I've always put on tacos rather than lettuce). I'm hesitant to try it, so I've had some sautéed cabbage that's gone down okay.

Good tip about the chicken thighs over chicken breasts...

pineapple I craved- found some packed in juice- ate my 1/4 cup of crushed- so sweet, so nice!

Nothing is my kryptonite, but if I accidentally drink too soon or before eating, then it's game over for me. Slime central.

On 6/24/2019 at 12:34 PM, MrsGamgee said:

Hi all,

Just about 6 weeks out from surgery and I've been having some issues with eating real foods. Not any one thing consistently, but getting the foamies/slimies/vomiting just about every day for the last couple of weeks. And it's gotten me wondering... what are the foods that you all just can't do any longer? And if you're further out from surgery, have you found that you were able to eat them later on?

I totally get that everyone is different, I'm just curious about the experiences of others.

Sorry you are having a rough time progressing with food.

I had the foamie/slimes in the first two months. My food tolerance got better with time. Years out, I can tolerate anything. My maintaining plan allows low glycemic carbs. (Whole wheat bread/pasta, brown rice and sweet potatoes nothing white or processed) Rice would be my kryptonite. I hate how it expands. I really don’t miss it.

1 hour ago, Healthy_life2 said:

Sorry you are having a rough time progressing with food.

I had the foamie/slimes in the first two months. My food tolerance got better with time. Years out, I can tolerate anything. My maintaining plan allows low glycemic carbs. (Whole wheat bread/pasta, brown rice and sweet potatoes nothing white or processed) Rice would be my kryptonite. I hate how it expands. I really don’t miss it.

Actually, you've just reminded me... rice and sweet potatoes are both hard to digest. Those would be my two.

8 minutes ago, froufrou said:

Actually, you've just reminded me... rice and sweet potatoes are both hard to digest. Those would be my two.

I can do mashed sweet potato

So far in the last four weeks, I've had only one day without vomiting. I've come to realize that much of it is triggered by my pills, or eating too soon after taking my pills. And with 10 pills a day, that's a lot of opportunity for them to cause problems. It does raise some concern that I'm not getting the full benefit of my meds/supplements when I'm vomiting so much after I take them. I'm switching my Vitamin D to drops as soon as I run out of my pills, and I should be off my last blood pressure med soon, so that will knock it down to 7 pills. The big culprit is my calcium citrate. It's a huge pill. I crush it and take it with apple sauce, but even that's not 100% successful. I swear managing all the pills is a full time job.

Specific foods, and how I eat (speed, bite size, etc) are still key factors, but at least I am gaining a bit of confidence in trying new things. I managed 2oz of a pork sirloin chop the other day with no adverse effects.

3 hours ago, MrsGamgee said:

The big culprit is my calcium citrate. It's a huge pill

Yeah, those Calcium ones are like horse pills.

I gave up on them eventually and take these chewable ones instead. I keep telling myself that once I run out of the chewables I"ll try the pills again, but I don't.

image.png.b87ba12d08ee9a47a98cc576c0d20fd5.png

I'm finding my kryptonite is most meats. Preferring mainly veggies, eggs, sea bass, chicken or tuna salad and Beans. This is one major transformation considering I was the ultimate meat and potatoes girl!!! I foamed once over a bite of pork chop. I use to love pork chops! The fact you have to chew most meats to almost liquid - no longer holds the appeal it once did.

Love theatre popcorn, too! Haven't gone out to the movies since sleeve to avoid temptation.

Excited to report no hot dogs, chips, macaroni salad or apple pie + ice cream this year for 4th of July holiday! New menu of watermelon and Tomato salad w/ roasted hazelnuts, grilled shrimp + veggie kebabs, street corn and chia Sugar Free Chocolate pudding. Only a few bites of each kept me satisfied on this food centered holiday.

Ms. Gamgee - if you like cabbage or are craving it... I found the best recipe for egg roll bowl on goggle. It is delish and full of good things AND very satisfying!

Gosh Im getting worried. I havnt had any slimies etc other than feeling a bit off after eating a few times. Im starting to think I have a "pouch of steel".

Peanut butter!

Broccoli. Last time I ate it, it was stuck for 3 hours until I drank warm Water and immediately threw it up undigested. It was well cooked too.

Random things give me the slimies. It’s more about how fast I eat as opposed to what I eat.