Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grilled cheese alternative?

I might try that. I’ve been looking forward to eventually trying a cauliflower crust. I like cauliflower a lot so it doesn’t sound bad to me at all. Maybe even more appealing than normal pizza.

I don’t know. I think all bread is something I want to avoid but when I tried the egg white psyllium husk bread it tasted more like egg than anything so that might be ok. Will it crisp up at all on a sandwich press? Or is there anything low or no carb that will? I want to avoid carbs and bread. It will be in my best interest I think.
I'm the same way. Sweets aren't my weakness bread and Pasta are. So even when I'm allowed to start eating them I don't want to. I feel like it would make all this pointless. I'm not even 3 weeks out yet I will be on Thursday but I'm not on the pureed diet anymore.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using BariatricPal mobile app

3 minutes ago, LisaCh said:

What are cheese crisps. They sound yummy.

When you take slices of cheese - real cheese, not American - and cook them in the oven on parchment paper and they turn into cracker consistency. Very yummy. Very easy to eat 5 or 6 slices of cheese in one sitting, so you have to be careful with them. Sharp cheddar tastes just like cheese nips.

On 06/24/2019 at 15:52, Samantha T said:

I'm the same way. Sweets aren't my weakness bread and Pasta are. So even when I'm allowed to start eating them I don't want to. I feel like it would make all this pointless. I'm not even 3 weeks out yet I will be on Thursday but I'm not on the pureed diet anymore.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using BariatricPal mobile app

Yep-I feel the same way. It’s scary and like being a heroine addict walking around all day having heroine served to you with every meal, offered to you for free, at every office event, party, church function, etc. it’s really not easy but I quit smoking after 20 years and didn’t break for one minute, even when I lost my son. If I made it through that, pretty sure I can do anything.

I didn’t eat bread for months and I don’t eat a lot of it now because like you, I love it too much. I used and still use Mission street taco (corn) tortillas before I dared to try bread. They are the small ones like you get at a taqueria. The calories and carbs are pretty close to 1 slice of bread, 66 calories and 12 carb for 2 tortillas. They serve their purpose for me and I don’t crave them so it works as a good substitute for me.

ETA, congratulations on quitting smoking, I quit 20 years ago myself and never looked back.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Your cravings might be just because you are so limited in food choices right now and need more Protein and a little more fat to be satisfied - add some avocado with your egg and/or sprinkle cheese on the egg. You miss chewing - I know I did, it will improve with time. Six months from now it will be a blur and it will all change. Be patient and be prepared, it's a trip.

And Fluffy just sees all kinds of eejits on here asking if they can have pizza at one month or alcohol and actually doing really stupid chit all the time, so her squawking sometimes sounds like chicken-little... @FluffyChix

Edited by Sosewsue61

I got a thin slice of fat free turkey or ham lunch meat and rolled a piece of thin sliced cheese inside and put in microwave for a couple seconds and it melts together and tastes wonderful

Be careful with the zero carb bread. I’m 10 months out and tried it about 3 months ago. I felt like a balloon was expanding in my stomach for 4 hours. It was awful! I’ve had good luck with Flatout Wraps. The chipotle flavored one is smaller and just like 60 calories I think. Or I do half an original one.

PREACH IT djgirl19!!!!!

I’m avoiding all bread products as long as possible but I think there’s some options for this. Cauliflower crust as bread? Or that no carb bread they sell on this site, might work for you. Google Keto stuff they’ll be the ones wiith 15 ideas

I have recently purchased some of these and actually toasted them in the toaster and they are very good. I also made a grilled cheese using pepper jack cheese and some uncured bacon and really enjoyed it. I have not eaten regular bread in years due to gluten issues. I also have a recipe for almond bread that is good but I feel better about the cauliflower "bread". I bought them originally at Natural Grocers near me but then ordered some online to try the different flavors (Italian and jalapeno) You can make them yourself with the same ingredients (many recipes out there) but, in my experience, it is pretty labor intensive and hard to get all the moisture out of the cauliflower.

OA-SandwhichThin-front-800x800_grande_50396423-3cd9-48d9-8928-11d01bfbb1ec_540x.png?v=1554141236

Edited by MIZ60

6 hours ago, MIZ60 said:

I have recently purchased some of these and actually toasted them in the toaster and they are very good. I also made a grilled cheese using pepper jack cheese and some uncured bacon and really enjoyed it. I have not eaten regular bread in years due to gluten issues. I also have a recipe for almond bread that is good but I feel better about the cauliflower "bread". I bought them originally at Natural Grocers near me but then ordered some online to try the different flavors (Italian and jalapeno) You can make them yourself with the same ingredients (many recipes out there) but, in my experience, it is pretty labor intensive and hard to get all the moisture out of the cauliflower.

OA-SandwhichThin-front-800x800_grande_50396423-3cd9-48d9-8928-11d01bfbb1ec_540x.png?v=1554141236

ohh I want to try these. I bet they'd be good toasted with hummus too.