Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lymphatic Massage - Bilateral vertical Thigh Lift.

Friday I had a 5 hour Vertical thigh lift - My third round of major PS following WLS. Before and after this procedure I have used lymphatic massage techniques. It is a game changer! Still feel lousy but this is the least amount of post surgical misery I have experienced. It is early though and this procedure has high complication rates. For more info on lymphatic draining, swelling, https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-perform-lymphatic-drainage-massage. Ask your PS. May not be the only factor but wish I knew about it for previous procedures.

Thank you for posting this information.

I recently had a fleur de lis surgery and the lymph nodes in my thighs got very swollen and uncomfortable. My PS told me to perform Lymphatic massage techniques and it did help tremendously. I will be having my Brachioplasty (2nd surgery) now in August. The vertical thigh lift will be my 3rd.

Thanks again!

It helped early on. Did not change the subsequent complications but helped with swelling and pain. I knew the complication rate was as high as 75 percent but thought I was going to b in that 25 percent. Thankful my PS was available and close for follow ups!

On 6/23/2019 at 5:23 PM, Stella S said:

Friday I had a 5 hour Vertical thigh lift - My third round of major PS following WLS. Before and after this procedure I have used lymphatic massage techniques. It is a game changer! Still feel lousy but this is the least amount of post surgical misery I have experienced. It is early though and this procedure has high complication rates. For more info on lymphatic draining, swelling, https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-perform-lymphatic-drainage-massage. Ask your PS. May not be the only factor but wish I knew about it for previous procedures.

Hi. I am considering a thigh lift. Can you give me the good, the bad and the ugly? I have done my research but i am looking for info from someone who has personally had it done.

Let me start by saying I would do it all over again. It’s been 2 1/2 months and it is hard for me to remember with emotion the recovery. What I can tell you is it was ugly. I know this doctor I trust this doctor the procedure has a 50 to 75% complication rate. I believe if I followed my doctor’s instructions I would be in that magical 25 to 50%.
it was my third and final PS Surgury time 5.5 hours with 2.5 lbs of skin tissue removed. Plus a touch of fat not included in skin weight. I went home that day. I followed all instructions. 2 drains for about 20 days. but noticed a wound separation after 1 week. Hard to keep the groin still. I mean a person has to get up. Use the toilet and such. Urine did not help. A female can use a funnel or a female urine device... A hole opened that was 3 inches by 1.5 inches and a couple inches deep at its largest. It could not be closed with stitches or glue. Multiple MD visits and an ER visit. Packed it with saline gauze it closed at 7 weeks. It was scary I freaked.

So compression gear was out because of chaffing I developed 2 areas of Fluid build up and one became infected I took oral antibiotics for 8 weeks. My MD placed a small hole so that side could drain and another whole would not open along the incision. It was super uncomfortable it wasn’t painful but super uncomfortable. hot and hard an weeping It freaked me out.
I missed like 6 weeks of work but did a small bit from home.
Thank goodness I trusted the MD.
Here is the thing - no skin hitting me when I bike or run It is pretty awesome. Nothing t rearrange. I have lost of what gained when home and on a high Protein diet. My age - 46 could have placed at a higher risk. I think though mostly I was just unlucky. Now though I am pleased. Plus my health nsurance covered the ER visit.

Lymphatic massage is affective as it works similar to the calf pump action that pushes Fluid back up from your legs to your heart. When we move the muscles of our legs encourage the fluid to move back up this is called the calf pump. In people that cannot get around so easily/oedema (swelling)/have lactic acid build up post exercise/or poor circulation can benefit from lymphatic massage as it stimulates the fluid that has pooled due to gravity in the limbs back up towards the heart and the lymphatic drainage ducts in the body LSI. If you have swelling you usually see it reduce as the fluid has been moved on.

Edited by ScotPrahs

On 06/23/2019 at 17:23, Stella S said:

Any pics? I need a lower body lift but my PS has mentioned a thigh lift to me. Only thing is that won’t lift my calves…bum etc

Sorry. No picks. 2 plus years later no regrets. I agree a LBL comes first. Get several PS plans.