Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SWEET JESUS MY HAIR!!!!!

Saw a good friend yesterday, she said " Oh My, you got your hair cut!" Nope, not really, it is still thinning and hasn't grown much. Oh whatever makes her feel good, and no she didn't see how much weight I have lost, how much my booty has become a mini- booty, all she noticed was my less 5han ample red hair.

If it makes you feel any better (hopefully), you have really long curly hair (according to your profile pic ️), so it probably looks much worse than it really is when you see it in your hand cuz your hair takes up more volume per strand.
It'll get better later!
Thank you. It's still falling out :*(

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Saw a good friend yesterday, she said " Oh My, you got your hair cut!" Nope, not really, it is still thinning and hasn't grown much. Oh whatever makes her feel good, and no she didn't see how much weight I have lost, how much my booty has become a mini- booty, all she noticed was my less 5han ample red hair.
I'm so sorry

I’m sorry you are dealing with this. I’ve had difficulty with thinning hair for some time. I started to keep it short because everything pulled my hair out in clumps. Even just to comb it.
I can’t afford to lose hair, mine is like baby hair, very thin strands. I usually keep it extremely short. But then it’s hard going for haircuts.
Post op. I’ve been taking gummy vitamins but I make sure they are Whole Foods Vitamins. Garden of life makes a good Whole Foods women’s multi Vitamin. (There are others as well I might try rainbow light chewable multi vitamin next time) And Natures Way makes a good hair skin and nails Gummy with extra collagen. Even if you can swallow pills gummies or liquid vitamins absorb better. And even better if they are Whole food based. I also take Omega gummies for the EFAs. A b complex. And of course Calcium.< br> For hair, You need Vitamin A, b complex vitamins too especially Biotin and also collagen. I get my vitamins from vitacost and always get coupons. I haven’t bought bariatric specific vitamins because the multi vitamin all have iodine and I’m allergic. Some basic vitamins like Centrum do nothing and don’t absorb any benefits at all.
I use cleansing conditioner on my hair and a scalp massage brush in the shower. Since a healthy scalp helps healthy hair. I’m not as far along so I don’t know what will happen with my hair. I’m just taking it one moment at a time.
I hope you find the answers you need.
I'm so sorry

2 hours ago, Lamermaid said:

Thank you. It's still falling out :*(

I had surgery the day after you- i still lose some- but much less AND i have new hair growth- i definitely am too lax on my Protein though and working really hard to get that up. I don't really take any extra supplements, just my regular Vitamins. Luckily I had a lot of hair so it's really not super noticeable. It will stop- probably soon!!

I started losing hair at about five months out, by seven or eight months it started to grow back. Five years out you can’t tell.

@Lamermaid: So I'm almost 10 months post op, and I *think* I'm starting to grow some hair back..I can see teeny tiny fuzz hairs at my forehead/hairline...I don't see any on my overall head yet, but its a start!

Are you still actively losing weight? I suspect the hair starts to grow back when your body stabilizes (which I did about 2 months ago)....

I lost about 40% of my hair. Started at 3 weeks post-op and stopped at about 7 months post-op. It'll stop and come back. It looked super thin and stringy but it's the least annoying of all the possible complications/side effects, trust. lol. I have full bangs so they looked ridiculous with only a few strands for a while. LOL

Edited by mousecat88

stupid CNP said I suppose you're not losing your hair? No I just thought everyone had red hair that looks like it was painted on, You mean They Don't? Hmmm does save temporarily on haircuts, but like 🐭🐺 my bangs were pretty pitiful for a while. But I am approaching skinny, can't afford wigs so I'll grin😛and bear it unless it gets totally gone! Then everybody will see how many lumps I have in My Skull.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

@Lamermaid: So I'm almost 10 months post op, and I *think* I'm starting to grow some hair back..I can see teeny tiny fuzz hairs at my forehead/hairline...I don't see any on my overall head yet, but its a start!

Are you still actively losing weight? I suspect the hair starts to grow back when your body stabilizes (which I did about 2 months ago)....

Yes I'm almost 5 months past OP but I'm seeing new growth coming in but my hair is still falling

And it would be down- right humorous if it wasn't happening to YOU!

I am right at 6 months post. It started suddenly at month 4, and hasn't slowed down. I take the Vitamins as directed, got my Protein in etc. It didn't matter. I started using Noixin Shampoo about a month ago. I also tried colored dry shampoo sprays and Toppik that definitely help. However I am now used to not seeing my scalp and after I wash it it looks terrible since then I see my naked scalp and my hair looks even thinner.

On a good note I color my hair every 4-5 weeks and a few weeks ago I noticed that I had really visible roots and it was only 2 weeks since my last color. I looked closer and noticed I had a ton of baby gray hairs. So even though it is still falling out much more than normal at least I see new hair coming in. I am guessing it will look thinner as I keep losing a lot of hair until the new hair gets long enough. I am doing everything possible to keep the hair I have. I only wash it every 2-3 days, use a wide tooth comb starting at the ends to not pull out any additional hair. At least fall is around the corner and I can start wearing a cute hat.

Yes my suddenly came out in clumps right at four Months. It was really bad for about a month and then it slowed down considerably then around seven months I already notice new hair is growing in and it’s back to normal shedding. I honestly looked online at topper wigs. Then I found out and started using I use topix fibers and tinted Baptiste dry Shampoo to help fill-in and that helped a lot.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:29 AM, Mrs. Hayes said:

I just need to tell someone who cares or understands my anguish about going bald my hair is literally coming out in clumps, strands falling out when the wind blows. This is effing devastating. I get 100gms of Protein. I drink 80 oz or more of Water. I take ALL supplements and NEVER miss. And I **** you not I am literally looking at wigs. I can't even breathe.

I'm the same way and I am taking Biotin, and hitting my daily Protein goal. I feel a bit encouraged because I see new growth. My hair right now looks weird coz there are a lot of one inch growth all over. We will be ok.