Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible pregnancy and only(almost)three months out

So I’m almost three months out. We used protection so please don’t tell me I should’ve used it. I’m just really scared tbh. I just want your guys opinion on this test. I feel like/hope it’s a false positive but I don’t know it looks like it could be colorless but then it looks like it might have color. Please no negative energy I’m already freaking out. Before surgery we tried for four years had several losses due to weight and medical issues like diabetes and high blood pressure. Then we stopped so I could get surgery my biggest fear was getting pregnant before I got the surgery. Then it was getting pregnant to soon after surgery. Because it seems like when you don’t want to conceive that’s when it happens.

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

Don’t get me wrong if we are we will be super grateful but this i just feel this is to soon. WAAY to soon for my comfort anyway. We planned on trying after a year.. I know they said me being 23 will make me more fertile than most. So we used condoms, pulled out, and spermicide lube. I can’t use birth control it fucks with my body to much. Has anyone gotten pregnant this soon? How was everything? Were you and the baby okay? Was the baby healthy? I’ve lost so much weight but I’m just barely half way to my goal I have 73 more lbs to go to get to my goal. I’m currently 233lbs and was 330lbs at my biggest so I’ve lost 97lbs(46lbs before surgery) I mean I’m still loosing weight I’ve lost two lbs since yesterday. But I don’t know I’m worried it’s to soon. Because they do specifically say wait 12-18 months.

Go to your surgeon and Ob-gyn and see them as soon as possible. While not recommended, this is not uncommon, and they can work out a plan for you.

"Pregnancy after gastric bypass can be safe and healthy if managed well by you and your health care provider. Research suggests that pregnancy after weight-loss surgery might be safer for both mother and baby than pregnancy complicated by obesity." - mayo Clinic

Good luck!

Since "pulling out" doesn't work that well, maybe after the baby, you might try a birth control method without hormones like a Paragard IUD or a diaphragm.

I would take one more test Monday morning and call the doctor. If that test is within the timeframe (usually 3 minutes) it’s pretty clear to me. But I would retest cuz I am a nut like that.

Best of luck and everything will work out great!

You're gonna be fine. Continue eating on plan. Don't stray. :) You could potentially keep losing during PG or you might only gain a few pounds if you're very careful and the payout will be that both you AND baby will be healthier for it! Keep the crap out of your diet and do NOT eat emotionally. ((hugs))

This is gonna be ok! It looks positive to me. But as @CurvyMom advised, retest Monday morning then get in to see your surgeon, nutritionist, AND get your OB/GYN on board immediately. You are probably already a high risk pregnancy, but if not, you will be because of the surgery.

Don't freak or stress. This is a blessing.

Thank you both so much!

Let us know if it does turn out We are All going to be God- Aunts and Uncles, okay?

10 hours ago, PudgeBeGone said:

So I’m almost three months out. We used protection so please don’t tell me I should’ve used it. I’m just really scared tbh. I just want your guys opinion on this test. I feel like/hope it’s a false positive but I don’t know it looks like it could be colorless but then it looks like it might have color. Please no negative energy I’m already freaking out. Before surgery we tried for four years had several losses due to weight and medical issues like diabetes and high blood pressure. Then we stopped so I could get surgery my biggest fear was getting pregnant before I got the surgery. Then it was getting pregnant to soon after surgery. Because it seems like when you don’t want to conceive that’s when it happens.

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

Looks kinda negative to me and I take a lot of test...

But

DOLLAR TREE ...

they have quality tests (exact copies of the ones used in my doctor's office) best part you can but a ton to really make sure.

💜Good luck and hope you get the outcome you desire💜

Edited by GreenTealael

My story doesn't have to do with being pregnant after WLS it has to do with blessings in disguise. My son was six months old when my wife told me she was pregnant again. Wow, we were dirt poor and having another mouth to feed felt like a monumental task. My wife said we were going to have another baby. How could we mange? We already had a six month old and barely getting by. How could we make it with another baby?Well, our second child turned out to be a little girl and I have been in love with her for 40 years. I have been blessed with my two children and I thank my now ex wife for making that monumental decision all those many years ago. You'll know what's best for you and whatever decision you make I'm sure you'll be ok with it. Sometimes we get blessings in disguise. I know I did.

I forgot to post this but when I woke up the line was gone so I assumed it was a false positive but am going to retest tomorrow thank you all I really do appreciate it I just still worry because auntie flow still hasn’t showed and since the first period after surgery she’s been pretty accurate. ❤️❤️ but before surgery it wasn’t abnormal for me to go months without her so maybe my hormones are still trying to regulate. 

I would still check in with the Gynae, better make certain that you were an alarmist than have something or some reason for it.😓😷😁

I know someone who got pregnant 7 weeks after surgery. She’s having a boy!

Could have been a bad indent or the dye had not settled enough at the time you looked at it.

I would take one with first morning urine and keep testing until you get your period. If you don’t get your period after a week or so, then test again.

I have a three month check up Wednesday so I plan on talking to them then. But for sure will test I was cramping slightly on right side yesterday thinking she was gonna come but she was just teasing

How is her and baby? I’d be terrified I read of someone who ended up pregnant while they did the surgery but was to early for it to come up but from what I read her and baby are healthy but I think it was from awhile ago.