Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is in 2 days. Nervous but excited.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I wish you luck. I had my surgery 9/17/19 @ 8am and was home by 9/18/19 @230pm. I didn't have any troubles with any pain. I'm getting down about 80 ounces of Water a day and my three Protein Shakes. I usually eat 1/4 a cup of cottage cheese to but that fills me up. Feels like a Thanksgiving dinner full! I have only used children's Tylenol for the pain. I have not even used that for two days now. I was up and out of my bed about three hours after my surgery passing gas. We went for about 12 walks the day I was there. It helps with gas pain a lot! They also gave me chewable gas x which I keep on me now but have not had to use it beside the day I got out of the hospital. I was exhausted because I could not sleep in the hospital at all. Lol. Good luck!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using BariatricPal mobile app

I wish you luck. I had my surgery 9/17/19 @ 8am and was home by 9/18/19 @230pm. I didn't have any troubles with any pain. I'm getting down about 80 ounces of Water a day and my three Protein Shakes. I usually eat 1/4 a cup of cottage cheese to but that fills me up. Feels like a Thanksgiving dinner full! I have only used children's Tylenol for the pain. I have not even used that for two days now. I was up and out of my bed about three hours after my surgery passing gas. We went for about 12 walks the day I was there. It helps with gas pain a lot! They also gave me chewable gas x which I keep on me now but have not had to use it beside the day I got out of the hospital. I was exhausted because I could not sleep in the hospital at all. Lol. Good luck!

What the heck surgery did you have that you can have solids already?

Surgery tomorrow. I am so excited. If I sit alone long enough I get a little nervous. But mostly excited and cant wait.

Surgery 9/17, home 9/20 due to complications. Pain was horrible. Currently hating myself for this surgery. Hope everyone’s experience is better

I'm so glad you're doing well after surgery. I heard keeping hydrated would be difficult so I'm hoping to knock out 60 to 80 oz of water a day too. My surgery is at 7am tomorrow morning.

I’m about a week out. Surgery date 9/18. Im so tired of Protein Shakes and sweet crap. I need more savory things to keep me full. I feel like I’m going crazy. It’s hard to choke the Protein shakes down now but if I don’t I start dry heaving from empty stomach. Anyone struggling with the same thing?

59 minutes ago, krisss said:

I’m about a week out. Surgery date 9/18. Im so tired of Protein Shakes and sweet crap. I need more savory things to keep me full. I feel like I’m going crazy. It’s hard to choke the Protein shakes down now but if I don’t I start dry heaving from empty stomach. Anyone struggling with the same thing?

Absolutely, I had the same surgery date. Strained cream of chicken Soup is an absolute life saver. If you are having issue with enough Protein as well, Unjury makes a chicken soup Protein Powder that is surprisingly tasty.

I am now 5 days post op and finding it difficult to tolerate full liquids. Today I am trying to get in enough Protein with my Clear Liquids. I do find that the protein broths are easier to drink than the sugary Protein Shakes. You just have to drink more of it to get the same protein.

19 minutes ago, Gumby19943 said:

I am now 5 days post op and finding it difficult to tolerate full liquids. Today I am trying to get in enough Protein with my Clear Liquids. I do find that the Protein broths are easier to drink than the sugary Protein Shakes. You just have to drink more of it to get the same protein.

@Gumby19943 My diet plan said I could try full liquids at 3 days out. I tried a Premier Protein vanilla shake and did not tolerate it very well at all. I also had to go back to Clear Liquids and broths. I did try a Campbell's sipping Soup yesterday though and it was amazing!! It took me most of the afternoon, but it stayed down and the taste was divine! I tried the squash and sweet potato one.

@smaller_sav Thanks for asking. I’m doing OK I’m up to pureed foods now But I find them difficult to eat very uncomfortable. As for when I was in the hospital I was in a pretty good amount of pain but it was alleviated pretty much by day three or four

2 hours ago, Thea7777 said:

@smaller_sav Thanks for asking. I’m doing OK I’m up to pureed foods now But I find them difficult to eat very uncomfortable. As for when I was in the hospital I was in a pretty good amount of pain but it was alleviated pretty much by day three or four

@Thea7777 I'm glad to hear your pain level isn't too high. I've been fortunate in that department too. Mainly just the incisions are sore if I move too quick or the wrong way. The incision itching is absolutely horrendous though. I bought kids benadryl and took about 15ml and that is knocking the intensity down. I couldn't tolerate some of the thicker shakes- like the regular Premier, but Isopure seems to go down well. I think I am gun shy from throwing up Premier because I'm struggling to get in fluids and Protein.

Good luck!

Surgery went well yesterday. Spent one day in the hospital. I did puke up blood a couple of times but they said that was normal. They had me get up and start walking 4 hours after surgery. The pain was way worse yesterday than today. Today it's still there but it tolerable. Drinking 1 ounce cups every hour. 3 waters and 2 Protein with Vitamins. Been trying to take super deep breaths. Its suppose to help with the excess gas trapped in body as well as keeping me from getting pneumonia. I dont feel hungry. Haven't had solid food since sunday. I do feel incredibly tired right now but I'm sure that's just my body trying to heal itself. I've only taken 2 pain pills and 2 nausea pills today. Glad it's over with. The anticipation was killing me.