Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have a September date? I am hopeful to have surgery in September. Revision from an experimental transoral surgery to DS.

Will want to hear more of your story and if it turns out to be September 5th, that is my one-year Surgiversity and I would be honored from now on to share That Date with YOU!

Hi Frustr!

I had a transoral bariatric surgery in 2009 that wasn't approved by FDA, as it was not working as they thought it would. I lost 100 lbs on my own! Working out and cutting out all the fried food i used to love and working out 6x a week. I was taking about 30k steps per day. Walking everywhere all the time. I maintained my weight loss for about 6 years....began fertility treatment which contribute to lots of weight gain, became pregnant and have struggled since, gained back almost all of my weight. HW 291=8, lowest 162, currently 250. Stopped working out, which doesn't help.

i am doing revision to a surgery that gave me zero restriction. I am currently debating on going back to my original surgeon or a new one. I have a scheduled appointment with a new surgeon for consultation. Very excited to see him. Hope that helps!

my surgeon suggest i do the bypass and i suggested he takes my suggestion of DS lol, which he agreed lol. The second surgeon is well known for DS and SIPS, so I am certain he will agree as well.

Edited by Repeatingthoughts

My surgery date is September 17th!!! Best of luck!

On 6/30/2019 at 12:44 PM, LMays said:

My surgery date is September 17th!!! Best of luck!

Hi LMays!!! that great!! How are you feeling?

Had my ultrasound today re: check gallbladder and liver.

7/9 cardio

7/10 pcp medical clearance

7/13 psych

7/16 afternoon consultation with 3rd surgeon. First surgeon consultation sucked. Their website is misleading the doc I was scheduled to see only does sleeves and “we can also use a second option such as weight loss medication”. I was in his office for 5 minutes and seemed like he wasn’t interested in what I had to say. Later in the week I found out about him only doing sleeves via web seminar. I cancelled all my follow ups with him.

Second surgeon I like but I don’t love (they are pushing me to do a bypass) and we shall see about the third surgeon. Third surgeon did my cousin’s lapband to RNY revision. She loves him!

anyways just sharing my experience. I think is important to do your research and not just jump into something. I am all about vibes and being heard.

7/16 endoscopy during the morning.

Still waiting for my second surgeon’s office to schedule my nutritionist appointment. If I don’t hear back by tomorrow. I’ll call Wednesday.

i should be done with all my preop appointments by 7/20. Praying my insurance approves and I get to confirm my September date.

46 minutes ago, Repeatingthoughts said:

Had my ultrasound today re: check gallbladder and liver.

7/9 cardio

7/10 pcp medical clearance

7/13 psych

7/16 afternoon consultation with 3rd surgeon. First surgeon consultation sucked. Their website is misleading the doc I was scheduled to see only does sleeves and “we can also use a second option such as weight loss medication”. I was in his office for 5 minutes and seemed like he wasn’t interested in what I had to say. Later in the week I found out about him only doing sleeves via web seminar. I cancelled all my follow ups with him.

Second surgeon I like but I don’t love (they are pushing me to do a bypass) and we shall see about the third surgeon. Third surgeon did my cousin’s lapband to RNY revision. She loves him!

anyways just sharing my experience. I think is important to do your research and not just jump into something. I am all about vibes and being heard.

7/16 endoscopy during the morning.

Still waiting for my second surgeon’s office to schedule my nutritionist appointment. If I don’t hear back by tomorrow. I’ll call Wednesday.

i should be done with all my preop appointments by 7/20. Praying my insurance approves and I get to confirm my September date.

I believe in vibes as well and my input being valued, especially when its about my health. Trust your instincts and do what feels good to you.

Preemptive for 30 th September RNY BYPASS but still yet to confirm

@thillman1987 you can do it? Are you trying anytime re: Patches, SSRI, gum? Good luck. I hear smoking cessation is tough but you got this!

@Mikeyy welcome! We shall hopefully all proceed with our surgeries during the best month of the year. I will surely have my last pumpkin latte before surgery lol.

[mention=366031]thillman1987[/mention] you can do it? Are you trying anytime re: Patches, SSRI, gum? Good luck. I hear smoking cessation is tough but you got this!

[mention=352015]Mikeyy[/mention] welcome! We shall hopefully all proceed with our surgeries during the best month of the year. I will surely have my last pumpkin latte before surgery lol.
Yes thank you. I quit everything March 1st but the insurance company says that it's not guaranteed to be approved even after 6 months of cessation. I am going to just keep doing everything as is and no smoking. It was miserable to quit but I feel a world if difference then I used to. I love being able to breathe. Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/6/2019 at 6:26 AM, thillman1987 said:

Mine to! Pending the insurance company approves it. I was originally scheduled for July 16th but because I'm an ex smoker they want me to prove that I'm not going to smoke again.

My surgeons office will actually be doing a urine test to make sure I am nicotine free before they perform my surgery. I am due for end of Sept, start of Oct, no solid date set yet

Hi everyone I’m new to this!!! Just started the journey for the sleeve, my surgeon and I both are pushing for late sept for Surgey date, also it’s my birthday month & a gift to myself! I’m excited and can’t wait! I wish you all the best!

A beautiful way to give yourself the gift of better health, a thinner body and a renewed Life Future! If. any of you want to talk more, I can give you the perspective of someone 10 months out from a RNY bypass, 125 pounds lighter, many dress sizes smaller, it hasn't been picture PERFECT a recovery but It Is What It Is, it's My Story and the Last Chapters are not yet Written, for I Am Still a WORK IN PROGRESS. And I am still grateful to my surgeon, facility, and most of all , to My God who has brought me yet this far. I'm usually positive, optimistic , been through a lot in my now 73 years of life, I live in almost in the Exact Center of my state -OHIO so just wanted to Welcome You All to Bariatric Pal, I believe you will meet a wonderful bunch of People here!

My surgeons office will actually be doing a urine test to make sure I am nicotine free before they perform my surgery. I am due for end of Sept, start of Oct, no solid date set yet

My office wants me to do labs a couple weeks before to prove that I'm not smoking but the insurance company wants it to just be documented by a doctor's office for six months which is easy. I truly have not been smoking or vaping (using an e-cig) but in theory how are they supposed to really know without periodical checking? Congratulations and good luck! Keep us updated regardless. It may come tough some days but remember it'll all pay off!