Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe you were Flaming Youth in disguise! Congratulations on now being able to Melt!

On 6/21/2019 at 7:29 PM, johnedwin said:

anyone have a blanket i can borrow i have felt so cold after the surgery...

Welcome to the club!

I keep blankets and sweaters/jackets everywhere. It's 90+ degrees here in Texas right now and I'm carrying a jacket into all restaurants and begging them not to sit me underneath the AC vent!

Laughing with You not at You! Sounds so familiar to me and the rest!

On 06/22/2019 at 17:43, elcee said:

It’s pretty cold here in Aus atm as we are in winter. I struggle to get warm and am not helped by the fact that our house is large and openplan it’s a nightmare to heat. My hubby always complains about my cold hands and feet, even in summer. However the last 2 days I have noticed that the pads below my thumbs have been looking decidedly blue! I am somewhat concerned and will mention it to my Dr . I am not struggling to breath and my fingertips are fine. I am hoping that it may just be because there is no longer any fat there so it is easier to see the veins through my ageing skin!

Same same.

I live in OKC and finally we had some hot weather.

This weekend I was out gardening with hubs and it was in the high 90’s.

He was sweating bullets and one time as he was wiping his brow it struck me that I wasn’t a sweaty mess. In fact, I was wearing shorts and a tank top and was actually considering going back into the house and grabbing a heavier t-shirt.

Then I started wondering how “safe” it was for me to stand outside in what truly was hideous heat and humidity (the heat index was 108 that day!) and not feel overheated.

I mean, I’m guessing we’re just as susceptible to heat stroke as anyone else and I’m going to have to pay close attention to what my weather app tells me and not trust how my body perceives the heat.

Yep, I'm cold so much more now. I don't mind cause I live in Texas, and it's hotttttt haha

Gosh, I would so love not to feel like I am having an endless hot flash! I hope I can get approved.

So today our upstairs a/c unit finally went kaput.

Unfortunately our bedroom is upstairs and right now ( it’s past midnight here) the temp up there is hovering at 85 degrees.

Right now me and hubs are in the downstairs guest bedroom (thankfully I finished that project back in April) but I swear I think I could’ve toughed it sleeping there.
Hubs, OTOH, would’ve been a sweaty mess.

Anyway, that made me think about this thread.

Thankfully we’re getting a replacement unit tomorrow so we should be able to sleep in our own bed.

I live in Texas, and after the first week, I started noticing how cold I was getting. Usually it gets really hot in our house at night, so we have a fan that sits next to the bed. I've woken up under layers of covers. So, it's an advantage in the summer. We'll see how it goes when it gets cold. Of course it's only cold here for like 2 days out of the year.

59 minutes ago, Stitches78 said:

I live in Texas, and after the first week, I started noticing how cold I was getting. Usually it gets really hot in our house at night, so we have a fan that sits next to the bed. I've woken up under layers of covers. So, it's an advantage in the summer. We'll see how it goes when it gets cold. Of course it's only cold here for like 2 days out of the year.

Fellow Texan here. Working out in West Texas oilfield right now. Sitting in a crane (with no a/c) in 100 degree plus weather and normally I'd be sweating my a55 off and threatening to quit, but now I am oddly comfortable. 😂

On 06/27/2019 at 10:10, JamesL73 said:

Fellow Texan here. Working out in West Texas oilfield right now. Sitting in a crane (with no a/c) in 100 degree plus weather and normally I'd be sweating my a55 off and threatening to quit, but now I am oddly comfortable. 😂

Please be carful though.
This time of year with heat indexes >100 degrees could still be dangerous to us even if we don’t “feel” the heat

You know, I never even considered the possibility of feeling colder as the weight comes off! LOL It wasn't mentioned in any of my literature I got from the surgeon. But it is so true! I sat outside for a few hours yesterday in mid-90 degree temperatures and wasn't sweating my a$$ off!

It's actually a lovely thing to not constantly feel overwarm everywhere I go. Bring on the sweaters/blankets!!

We've had a pretty cool and wet start to summer here on the frozen flatland (Central Alberta), and I've noticed that I haven't needed to put away my double layer fleece blanket yet. I mostly notice the cold in my hands and feet, and it takes forever for them to warm up. The real test will be next winter, I think. I'm normally a stickler for not turning the furnace on until November 1, but I may be singing a different tune in October.

Damn, I feel hot these days, LOL! Heat wave in Germany.

It's most likely the not-eating that makes one feel cold, the body producing less heat to save energy. Later the loss of insulation is a factor, too, but the calorie restriction seems to be the culprit for feeling cold. Ask anyone who's fasting, no matter the weight.

I'm perfectly willing to rent a very large Wind Tunnel fan and blow some of our American Hot Air your way. Highs of 90s, lows in maybe high 60s to low 70s, chances of thunderstorms brewing up every afternoon. Have gone to Capri leggings, good news Size 17-19 juniors, bad news having to keep my semi- deflated thigh fat blobs under cover, too😠 shy to let it all hang out in shorter shorts. Maybe after some bike riding tones them up? Well we shall see, okay?👖😧