Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very common. I went from keeping my thermostat at about 62 F up to around 80.

I always have a sweater in the car now. Restaurants are the worst!

And I compain in grocery stores, especially in produce, meats and the frozen food bunkers÷ I'm a Real Joy to have around!

We lost our Fat Layer, we lost our insulation, we are now at the mercy of every strong breeze! Please Elmer, don't breathe on ME, you're giving me Goosebumps!

Haven't had surgery yet but good to know. The hubby and I might get into it cause he likes it cold. But if I invest in a heated blanket I should be fine.

ah yes the side effect no one mentioned (not that i bothered looking :) )

eating out is tough but for me movies are almost unbearable. If that place is not packed (hate) it is just so dam cold

Even before the fat layers start to go away, the feeling of being always cold hits.

I had my surgery in February and thought at first I was reacting to the cold that was everywhere, but now it’s late June and it was 108 here yesterday with the heat index.

I was running errands all afternoon and got slightly sweaty while going up 2 flights of stairs carrying groceries to my daughters apartment, but I was actually comfortable.

comfortable in over triple digit temps. 😱

In a way, this kinda freaks me out because now I’m afraid I might get overheated and not feel it.

It’s pretty cold here in Aus atm as we are in winter. I struggle to get warm and am not helped by the fact that our house is large and openplan it’s a nightmare to heat. My hubby always complains about my cold hands and feet, even in summer. However the last 2 days I have noticed that the pads below my thumbs have been looking decidedly blue! I am somewhat concerned and will mention it to my Dr . I am not struggling to breath and my fingertips are fine. I am hoping that it may just be because there is no longer any fat there so it is easier to see the veins through my ageing skin!

I am always under a blanket. My office was always cold before the surgery where I had to purchase a small heater. I currently have used it every day since surgery.

Same, I have a sweater stash in my car, at my work, at my moms. I also have a giant basket full of blankets in my living room because I get cold SOOO easily.

And our group seems large but I 💕you all for relating your struggles too! I'm thinking of a plaque that says:
I MAY BE WARM NEVER AGAIN WITHOUT SWEATERS, LAYERED CLOTHING AND SOFT BLANKETS!