Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Evening sweet tooth

Seems like I do a great job at work sticking to my healthy eating habits - greek yogurt for breakfast; P3, tuna or chicken salad for lunch; Protein Bar in the afternoon. Then I get home in the evening and the craving for sweets intensifies times ten! I'm sneaking handfuls of Cereal, eating my daughter's granola bars, etc. I have the calories to spare usually but I need to spend them on healthier choices instead of pure sugar!

Russell stover imitates well on their Sugar Free Chocolates. Peanut Butter, pecan clusters, dark chocolate, coconut, toffee are some of my faves.... 130 cals for 2. Might b worth a try?

On 06/21/2019 at 06:25, med28thmed said:

Russell stover imitates well on their Sugar Free Chocolates. Peanut Butter, pecan clusters, dark chocolate, coconut, toffee are some of my faves.... 130 cals for 2. Might b worth a try?

Ooh that’s a fabulous idea! Thanks!

I sometimes mix 1/2 T of unsweetened cocoa powder into a thing of vanilla Carbmaster or Light & Fit yogurt and then throw a few raspberries on top. I also usually have a container or two of Ice Breakers around all the time - but although they are sugar free, they're empty calories - but having just three or four isn't horrible - and better than binging on Cookies or something.

I had a couple of bad choice days earlier this week, but it turned out being a good thing because I had just had dental work done and a temporary crown put in and the sugar from the chocolate I ate hurt my tooth like hell, so I have no desire for chocolate now

sugar-free fudge pops, sugar-free tapioca putting, Atkins even makes Peanut Butter cups and chocolate coconut candy. If you must have sugar- do the sugar-free route. I do the same thing every now and then that’s why I have all of these on hand LOL.

Or pudding 🙄

Home made Mug cakes?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/89016530119898403/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/164099980157241830/

I've been trying out recipes to make for my sister who cant have carbs/ flour products and is miserable (strict medically supervised diet)

This is a winner.

❤Flourless chocolate Cupcake❤

1 egg, 1pinch of baking powder, 2 tbsp of cocoa, splash of Water , splash of sugar sub, splash of spices if you want.

Mix well & Microwave 60-90 seconds

Edited by GreenTealael

We're all so different!! :) Love this!!!

I have bigger issues when I feed that craving. Cuz I feel like it intensifies. So for that reason, If I'm craving sweets at night, I try not to feed it sweet stuff (fake or not). Sometimes I win. Sometimes the craving wins. LOL.

I think I would schedule a bedtime mini meal and have it pre-portioned and pre-made and waiting for me. And it would include a mandatory cup of hot tea (unsweetened) or hot decaff (black unsweetened) first. Or even a cup of Herb Ox Bouillon. It would also include serious reflection and CBT work before caving to it and eating.

I am thinking you are maybe legit hungry too. So do a snack of veggies with Protein. Something very savory, low cal, dense nutrition, that will take a long time to eat. Fill your tum up. Then go to bed and try to meditate. I know you aren't supposed to eat right before bed, but for a short time, to break the habit I think it's the lesser of the evils. I'd limit the snack to 100cals or less and less than <5g carbs. High protein, maybe a tiny bit higher fat...

8 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Home made Mug cakes?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/89016530119898403/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/164099980157241830/

I've been trying out recipes to make for my sister who cant have carbs/ flour products and is miserable (strict medically supervised diet)

This is a winner.

❤Flourless chocolate Cupcake❤

1 egg, 1pinch of baking powder, 2 tbsp of cocoa, splash of Water , splash of sugar sub, splash of spices if you want.

Mix well & Microwave 60-90 seconds

That looks super simple! I'll have to try it!

4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

We're all so different!! :) Love this!!!

I have bigger issues when I feed that craving. Cuz I feel like it intensifies. So for that reason, If I'm craving sweets at night, I try not to feed it sweet stuff (fake or not). Sometimes I win. Sometimes the craving wins. LOL.

I think I would schedule a bedtime mini meal and have it pre-portioned and pre-made and waiting for me. And it would include a mandatory cup of hot tea (unsweetened) or hot decaff (black unsweetened) first. Or even a cup of Herb Ox Bouillon. It would also include serious reflection and CBT work before caving to it and eating.

I am thinking you are maybe legit hungry too. So do a snack of veggies with Protein. Something very savory, low cal, dense nutrition, that will take a long time to eat. Fill your tum up. Then go to bed and try to meditate. I know you aren't supposed to eat right before bed, but for a short time, to break the habit I think it's the lesser of the evils. I'd limit the snack to 100cals or less and less than <5g carbs. High Protein, maybe a tiny bit higher fat...

Thanks Fluffy! Also solid advice.