Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rate of weight loss

Hello friends, I Had my surgery On April 29th. since having my surgeryI have only lost 35 pounds. I feel like I should have lost more by this point. I'm following my diet very closely I started to work out this week. So I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if this seems normal to any of you. I feel like I should have lost more weight by now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved the same date I am down 40lbs since surgery and lost 20lbs on the pre op diet. From what I have seen looks pretty normal.

Starting weight?

There is an app called Get-2-Goal. It tracks your weight and lets you know see where you show be according to your weight & procedure.

That's all? That seems pretty darn good to me! Congrats!

Only 35?! You've lost almost twice what I have in about the same time - I have lost almost 18 pounds since my surgery on May 2. I was told to expect to lose about 2-3 pounds per week.

Edited by delfie

im 5 months out, on average i lose 20 pounds a month. at the start it was like 30 then it starts to slow down. then the stalling hits

Only 35?! You've lost almost twice what I have in about the same time - I have lost almost 18 pounds since my surgery on May 2. I was told to expect to lose about 2-3 pounds per week.
Oh ok well thanks. I see my dr. Next week and I plan to have a list of questions for him.

you'd lost more than I did at that point. Seriously, you have no control over your rate of weight loss. You only have control over whether you stick to your plan or not. If you stick to your plan, the weight WILL come off, either fast or slow. I was a slow loser from the get-go but was very committed to my plan. I lost all of my excess weight - over 200 lbs. Just stick to the plan...

You're right on track.

It's normal, I had my surgery on the April 29th. Yesterday I was at 216 and today I am at 214 a total of 30 lbs since surgery and (46 lbs overall). My doctor and dietitian said my rate is above expectation. Don't compare yourself to others. There are times when I am at the same weight for couple of days and then I see a 2 lb drop on the scale.

It's normal, I had my surgery on the April 29th. Yesterday I was at 216 and today I am at 214 a total of 30 lbs since surgery and (46 lbs overall). My doctor and dietitian said my rate is above expectation. Don't compare yourself to others. There are times when I am at the same weight for couple of days and then I see a 2 lb drop on the scale.
Thats the same date of my surgery! Im happy to hear your doing so well. I think Im at one of those phases where my loss has stalled. Ive been at 254 for over a week. Thank u for sharing... it helps alot to know others who are going thru the same things right now.

We are our biggest critics. You will do fine especially that you are exercising. Currently I spin, work out on the elliptical and treadmill and was jut cleared weights. You will be successful continue to do what you are suppose to do. Don't pay no attention to those that loose an enormous amount of weight in one month. Your success is your very own and you are doing amazing so far.

I learned to not compare my weight loss rate to others. I know! Its hard to do! But this is your journey and you're doing fantastic!! Remember, another person losing a ton of weight fast may have started at a much higher weight than you. I had RNY on Nov 28, 2018 and was concerned that I was slowing down - 2 to 3 pounds per week. My nutritionist did a check on my muscle mass vs. fat and I'm retaining muscle which means I'm doing it right. You're doing great! Congrats!